Can I loose weight without starving?

Options
13»

Replies

• mis1022
    mis1022 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Some days I feel like I am starving and some days not, I have been at it for4months now and still this cycle.
  • mfmetsker
    mfmetsker Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Further update:
    2 weeks in... No loss:(
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    mfmetsker wrote: »
    Love the tootsie roll tip. Dark chocolate and wine sound very doable
    I'm 5'7, 175(+-) 32 y/0, desk job/ sahm

I'm logging around 1600 per day now when I don't blow it on a binge day.

I have a feeling that you'll be disappointed with that calorie per day setting.

Is 1600 too low?

I don't think 1600 is too low, or too high. I have similar stats as you (5'7" female, 35 years old, currently 145 lbs, stay at home mom of four, so I hear ya on the don't go pee by yourself or they'll end up playing traffic thing) and I ate between 1600 and 1800 per day to go from 185 to my current weight. I played with my macros (for me low carb works, but if you tried it and it didn't, maybe try focusing on fiber and protein to fill you up) to find satiety, and find I don't need to go hungry. And while I don't drink much more than a few times a month, and only lightly when I do (I've been either pregnant or breastfeeding or both for ten years running), I do find room for occasional indulgences (dark chocolate is actually on plan for me, so I eat that fairly regularly). I do think you need patience and to just try to stay the course, whatever you decide to do. Commit to something for at least six weeks, then you can reevaluate. Gotta give things time to work!

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Further update:
    2 weeks in... No loss:(

I went back in your diary a bit, and complements on your logging. If you've got everything you're eating and drinking, that's not the problem. I noticed that your protein is low everyday, and sometimes quite low. Now I love carbs--live in Italy, but perhaps upping your protein would help alot with hunger, and get some pounds off. Check out your calorie burns to make sure they're accurate. Sometimes you have to mix things up a bit to start losing. Good luck and do't give up.