SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- MAY 2016 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,225 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    May Goals I am setting my cutoff an hour earlier this month.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @Orphia
    Orphia wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    Raptor2763 wrote: »
    Easiest thing to remember is the Three Hour Rule - don't eat THREE hours before going to bed

The body burns energy night and day.

I've lost 79 lbs in the past year and reached goal, and I eat three quarters of my calories an hour or less before bed.

The "Don't eat X hours before bed" is a myth.

Best wishes.

@Orphia This is merely your opinion, which you are entitled to hold.

However, my opinion is different.
    • In the evening, after a hard day, people get tired and for many, will-power weakens, and they find it difficult to resist the lure of food. You are fortunate that you are not one of these people.
    • The accountability of this thread has helped many people to change an unhealthy, self-sabotaging habit. I know that because I am one of those people.
    • The accountability of posting here has helped me change my unhealthy, regular, Non-Mythical Late Night Snacking habit into a rare conscious choice.
    • Since you so obviously don't need such encouragement, one wonders why you felt the need to post here!

I wasn't criticising anyone.

I just wanted to help people who might worry needlessly about the time of day they eat. I think there might be people who would read this thread, and think they need to do it even though they stay within their calorie limit for the day. Those people don't need to worry.

I certainly think it's a good idea to have this challenge thread for people who can't manage to make room for a late night snack in their daily calories.

I wish everyone the very best.

I applaud your desire to help, Orphia. And thank you for your good wishes.
    Your weight loss is admirable. You have found the way to achieve your goals.

Each person is different. Some use the impetus of accountability to help them on their way.
    People who join this thread set their own parameters, and most report back each day.

I, for one, am grateful for it.

Best wishes for the future. May you live your dreams, and find the gold at the end of the rainbow.

Many thanks and good luck, @TerriRichardson112
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Me: 2*
    LNS: 0
    Streak: 32
  • Fyfiemama
    Fyfiemama Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Me: 2

May 2
  • Wysewoman53
    Wysewoman53 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    May

Streak: 66
  • WalkerPop
    WalkerPop Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    May Late Night Snacking Goals Update:
    • Eat nothing after 9pm 27/31 nights. 2/27
    • Eat nothing after 10pm 4/31 nights of my choice. 0/4
    • Choose to adult, instead of impulse today.

Me: 2* :smile:
    Streak: 137
  • summerfit20
    summerfit20 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    May 2

Lns: 0
  • freakymistkd
    freakymistkd Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    May goals - third month of this challenge.

No snacking after dinner 27/31 nights. 3/27
    Can snack after dinner 4/31 nights but only on weekends. 0/4
    Allowed a piece of fruit on work nights.

May 3

Me - 3*
    LNS - 0
    Streak 3

Overall streak - 19 / Previous Longest Streak - 14
  • Beverly_212
    Beverly_212 Posts: 23 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I am new and would like to join.

No snacking after 10 pm.

Me:
    LNS:

Starting May 3
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Second month for me
    No eating dinner after 8:00
    No snacking after 10:00

Me: 1

Streak: 17

Me: 3

Streak: 18
  • blackburn23
    blackburn23 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I am a little late getting to the posts for May, but I have been holding my own against late night snacking.
    Goals are basically the same as before: No eating after 8pm on weekdays; 10 pm on weekends. Drink plenty of water; only drink tea or water after cut-off times; keep hands and mind busy.

Streak: 122
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I cut my snacks off no latter then 10 most nights it is 11:30 or midnight before i call it a time to go to sleep.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,225 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    May Goals I am setting my cutoff an hour earlier this month.
  • CarrieA180
    Options
    Me: 3*
    Streak: 33
  • missylee618
    missylee618 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? Late night snacking is a major reason why I'm not meeting my weight loss goals. I hate having a great day then ruining it all at night. I work 12 hour shifts 3 days a week so on those days I eat dinner at home around 10 when I get home. So my plan will be to not eat past 9 on my off days and after dinner on my work days. I know 9 seems kinda late but I usually try to fast on my off days until at least noon or 1:00. thanks for starting this challenge! Wish you all the best of luck and May the 4th be with you!!!
  • Wysewoman53
    Wysewoman53 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    May

Me: 3

Streak: 67
  • jenfra123
    jenfra123 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    OMG. I so need to stop snacking after I have dinner. I don't want to have tea or water because then I will have to wake up and go to the bathroom. I will be mindful and not have any snacks in my room or go to the kitchen after I have gone upstairs to bed. Its a struggle. But at least I am not alone.
  • CarrieA180
    Options
    Is it too late to join? Late night snacking is a major reason why I'm not meeting my weight loss goals. I hate having a great day then ruining it all at night. I work 12 hour shifts 3 days a week so on those days I eat dinner at home around 10 when I get home. So my plan will be to not eat past 9 on my off days and after dinner on my work days. I know 9 seems kinda late but I usually try to fast on my off days until at least noon or 1:00. thanks for starting this challenge! Wish you all the best of luck and May the 4th be with you!!!
    jenfra123 wrote: »
    OMG. I so need to stop snacking after I have dinner. I don't want to have tea or water because then I will have to wake up and go to the bathroom. I will be mindful and not have any snacks in my room or go to the kitchen after I have gone upstairs to bed. Its a struggle. But at least I am not alone.

Welcome! ☺
  • KristaMunson
    KristaMunson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So I am late at seeing this challenge, but late night snacking is the main reason I keep gaining the weight back. I would like to join this if possible. Thanks!