Belly fat

Options
Does any one have tips on how to get rid of an obesse belly .....i keep fit but my belly wont shrink

Replies

• Cobourg
    Cobourg Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Depends on why you have a obese belly. I do also but I have had three C-sections and my abs are unlikely to tighten up. Unless surgery is an option which in my case it is not.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    We can't pick were fat loss comes from. Lose weight and the belly will go.

That said read this:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    There are very helpful stickies at the top of each section that you may want to review before diving into the forums. Here is one:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • Simplifi
    Simplifi Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    The results will be very quick.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit. You can't pick where the fat comes off, you just have to eat fewer calories than you burn until you lose the desired amount of fat. It will come off eventually.
  • sonnie2016
    sonnie2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What would you
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    You should start by getting rid of water weight. Reduce salt and carbs and more importantly drink enough water. A rule of thumb is half your weight in ounces. For example if you weigh 200lbs you should drink 100 ounces of water a day. That will cause your body to release the water it stores up and will reduce not only your weight but also the bloating that can be in the form of a belly. Water is the most important factor.

Wrong solution for the wrong problem.
    You should start by getting rid of water weight. Reduce salt and carbs and more importantly drink enough water. A rule of thumb is half your weight in ounces. For example if you weigh 200lbs you should drink 100 ounces of water a day. That will cause your body to release the water it stores up and will reduce not only your weight but also the bloating that can be in the form of a belly. Water is the most important factor.

What do you sugest
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Keep fitterer.
  • Simplifi
    Simplifi Posts: 128 Member
    Options

I don't think so... The immediate goal was for appearance and that will show the quickest results. Not only that water is how most fat leaves our body so increasing water intake is good all around.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If your belly is obese you need to lose fat. My tip is to eat fewer calories than you burn over the course of the day. Fill out your MFP profile to lose an appropriate amount each week and eat to that goal. How much do you weigh and how tall are you? What is your age? How much activity do you do in a normal day, outside of exercise?
  • sonnie2016
    Options
    Im 5.5 and approx 11 stone .... i play hockey regularly so fitness and excersise are not the issue
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    sonnie2016 wrote: »
    Im 5.5 and approx 11 stone .... i play hockey regularly so fitness and excersise are not the issue

Do you lift? There are many components to belly fat: body composition and body fat, and genetics. If you want a flat stomach, you need to have muscle and you need low body fat.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately spot reduction is not a thing. I have the same problem; my stomach is where I need to lose the most, and it's always the last place where inches come off. It's so frustrating! The only thing you can do to lose it is to eat less calories than you burn in a day. You could also pick up weight training.
  • sonnie2016
    Options
    Ive just started HIIT first week in so cant really say yet ....
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options

I don't think so... The immediate goal was for appearance and that will show the quickest results. Not only that water is how most fat leaves our body so increasing water intake is good all around.

Can you explain how water is the mechanism by which fat leaves our body?
  • sonnie2016
    Options
    I kinda link weights with the really muscely look :(
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    sonnie2016 wrote: »
    What would you

What do you sugest

I recommend the steps outlined in this thread:
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

No "immediate goal" was stated except "to get rid of obese belly" so I don't know where you're getting that the OP is looking for some immediate improvement in appearance.

The fact is that water retention is most likely not the cause of her belly. It's fat. There is fat on her belly.
    Dropping a few pounds of water weight is not going to make a noticeable difference (at least not on someone with enough belly fat to start a thread about it).

And fat "leaves" the body by being burned for energy. You can't just flush it out.
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You can be in good cardiovascular shape, and have a high body fat percentage. You store fat in your belly, like I do. If you want to get rid of it, lose weight until it's gone. It's that simple.

Weightlifting will help with the slimming effect. Women only look muscly and bulky when they take steroids and train bodybuilding full time.