Are you ever embarrased?

Options
nlevesque11887
nlevesque11887 Posts: 15 Member
edited May 2016 in Success Stories
Ok, I have a strange question. I've lost 178 lbs since December 2014. I still have about 75 more to go but I know I'll get there. For the first time in my life, I'm doing this for ME and that is what has made a difference. But, that being said, I'm embarrassed to admit to people the exact amount of weight I've lost and still need to lose. My dh knows as do a few other close friends but does anyone else have the same feelings?

Replies

• AnthonyThrashD_
    AnthonyThrashD_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    congrats on your loss, the amount you lost is personal, reveal the amount to people you feel comfortable with
  • nlevesque11887
    Options
    jacki865 wrote: »
    Im really an open book. Good and bad thing I guess. I don't broadcast my weight on Facebook but every now and then I will post a selfie or body pic of my progress. I have about 300 friends on there so its no secret I'm losing weight. If someone ask how much lost I generally don't have a problem answering. I even told a guy I was seeing I am working to lose weight and we ended up in a conversation about it. Sometime in the conversation I told him I have dropped about 30lbs and started at 235 and hope to get to 130. With that info its not hard to figure out how much I weigh now or how much more I need to lose.

I don't mind. If anything I feel like It shows people that I follow up on what I say I will do. To me, being embarrassed by it dosent change the reality that I was once that size. People will judge for anything but at least they cant say I don't accomplish my goals.

So true. It's not like I can hide how overweight I was (and still am to a degree). I guess it's denial in myself that I don't want to admit how much it was. I look at pictures and think " wow, why did I let it get to that point?"

I have learned more about myself in the last 2 years than I did in the previous 40 lol. I guess it's a good thing.

And, congrats on your weight loss too. That's great!
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Everybody is different as far as this but I guess it's whatever you're comfortable with. By telling somebody it may give them hope. Congratulations and enjoy the journey.
  • nlevesque11887
    Options
    One of the most helpful things I read here was a sentence saying
    "enjoy the journey". I have referred back to that many times over the last 18 months. The journey is a learning process and even during weeks (and months) that the scale didn't move, I learned that I need to be happy with what has changed in my life and how far I've come already.
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    One of the most helpful things I read here was a sentence saying
    "enjoy the journey". I have referred back to that many times over the last 18 months. The journey is a learning process and even during weeks (and months) that the scale didn't move, I learned that I need to be happy with what has changed in my life and how far I've come already.

I like your "why did I get this big" as opposed to "how". Those 3 letters can be life changing!! Like "when" instead of "if"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!