Y am I not losing weight?

Options

Replies

• VLCoyle
    VLCoyle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem until I read that if you eat too FEW calories for you body your body thinks you are starving and conserves - burns muscle instead of fat even. I had my calorie goal set at 1200 - tried bumping it up to 1400 (even though that seems counterproductive) - upped my cardio exercise 30 minutes per day - tried to get as close as possible to eating 1400 calories (I eat extremely healthy so its hard for me to eat so much sometimes) and... like magic I started losing .04 to .05 ounces per day!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    You answered your height and age, but how much do you weigh?
  • ardrasdesign
    ardrasdesign Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are likely not eating enough. Your body wants to hang on to what you got. I eat 1500 as a base amount. That is the amount to maintain the blood bone and lean tissue in my body. Then I add for my exercise. Sometimes I stop loosing. I only have 15 to 20 lbs to lose. I am at a plateau myself. Don't do it to lose. Do it to have some fun. Set little goals and don't quit. It takes a long time and being consistent. Good Luck. Don't eat carbs. Try a majority of your calories as fat and protein.
  • pumpkinRIP02
    pumpkinRIP02 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    tenshi614 wrote: »
    The calories plus what it says 2 eat from exercising, but I don't eat it all. I leave 200 to 400 left every time, sometimes more. I don't have a scale I use the bar codes and measuring spoons and stuff. I am 5ft 4 in Age 28

You aren't supposed to eat the Exercised off calories back on!
    You actually just doubled you're calorie intake by doing that!
  • pumpkinRIP02
    Options
    U R E ting 2 much to lose weight, ez game.

Yes, she literally is.
    She thought that if she excersized it off that she could eat more but that is not the case at all.

• pumpkinRIP02
    Options
    Okay but tell me this.

Are you still losing weight right now?

What are your current eating habits like?
  • pumpkinRIP02
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Okay but tell me this.

Are you still losing weight right now?

What are your current eating habits like?

I am maintaining now for almost 2 years now.

Maintaining is okay.

I want to try and help you lose the weight that you need to get to goal though so we need to figure out what is going on.

• pumpkinRIP02
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    The way that MFP is designed, yes, you are supposed to eat back the exercise calories. People say 50-75% of them, because the program tends to overestimate. The reason for eating some of these back is to fuel the workouts and provide the nutrition needed to maintain healthy body functioning. Eating 1200 calories and then working out without eating some of that back, would create a steep deficit that won't be supported long-term.

My dietary aid would kill if she knew a diet program actually told you to do that!