Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Lost 13lbs since January but no one notices!

pvju
pvju Posts: 115 Member
Not one person has noticed that I've lost weight - I'm down from 140 to 127 and I'm 5'3 1/2" tall. I've gone down in clothes sizes - I'm working out so I've toned a little - maybe not a whole lot. But what gives? In the past when I've lost 5 lbs people comment. Now nothing - not my boyfriend, my best girl friends, no one! I specifically didn't tell anyone I was dieting just in case it didn't work out - again.

I'm not doing this for other people's approval but this is just weird. I sometimes re-weigh myself because I'm wondering if I'm crazy.

I'm guessing it's my age - people aren't checking out your figure once you're in your mid-50s I suppose, so fluctuations in weight just don't register maybe? I guess it's true that middle aged women are truly invisible.

I still feel great and I'm committed to losing another 7 lbs. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Are you doing this for yourself or for someone else? Like jemhh said, "I wouldn't say anything to a yoyo dieter."
  • AlyM725
    AlyM725 Posts: 158 Member
    I lost 20 pounds and didn't even notice it myself. It takes time.
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Yep, I've lost 30 lbs since January and exactly one person other than my mother has commented. People just don't comment...
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    edited May 2016
    Weight can be a sensitive subject and it can be considered rude to comment on someone else's body. And I agree with the comment above regarding yo yo dieting. Your friends/family might not want to bring it up because of your past history of regaining.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    I'm a little taller than you but have to lose at least 20 pounds before people start commenting. I get more comments from those who don't see me regularly. Some people don't comment at all though.
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    The other thing - sorry TMI - is that my chest has not shrunk with the weight loss and I feel like it makes me look huge in the torso - I was hoping to lose some more in that area.
  • nlwilliams60
    nlwilliams60 Posts: 12 Member
    edited May 2016
    Why do you care? You know you've lost weight and making changes.
  • varuamoon
    varuamoon Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2016

One of my male friends who lacks most social cues actually asked me how much I weighed. !

I would have told him, "Less than I did." and leave it at that. No real need to be offended. Most people are curious when you get right down to it. When I first actively lost weight, a friendly co-worker was curious, I told her and she was shocked that I weighed within pounds of her. She assumed I was much lighter. Yet when I compared us in looks alone, I felt like a hippo when I stood next to her.
    In regards to people not noticing, have you changed up what you wear? For some it's a trigger for seeing someone's changes.

**edited, sorry cannot seem to get the quote thing right, sorry.**