2»

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    pinkzhtid wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me why people completely cut carbs out of there diet to loose weight when it's clearly calories in vs calories out that determines weight loss, really don't understand the logic behind it as you constanley feel tired and drained! Any thoughts?

Because the people on a well formulated ketogenic diet do not feel tired and drained and can enjoy higher fat tasty foods.

No well formulated diet will make you feel tired or drained and I'd hope to hell you're not depriving yourself of tasty foods on any diet, that would be sad.
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    lusir113 wrote: »
    @KellyLouiseGibson How long did it take you? those are amazing results, I have been looking into low carb type of diet. Did you also eat High fat?

I just ate healthy not high fats no. I started in January 2015 thats the before photo and by June 2015 the after photo I had lost that. So in 5-6 months :-)
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I lost weight eating low carb because I was eating less calories. I was eating more lean protein and veggies.
    I was also miserable.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I lost weight eating low carb because I was eating less calories. I was eating more lean protein and veggies.
    I was also miserable.

and doing it wrong. Thanks for sharing.
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    Pre diabetic and suffering from PCOS were my main reasons to go low carb.

I also have binge eating disorder with my main binge foods being bread, potatos and chips. I can not eat these in moderation. At all. They had to go.

Fat and protein are also very filling for me. I used to pack away 3500cal worth of carb heavy foods a day (on a good day) and fall asleep 2-3 times per day and wake up SO hungry that I would compulsively stumble into the kitchen and down 6 pieces of toast.

I don't get that knawing hunger any longer. I don't crave carbs. My skin is looking fantastic. I'm energetic. My mood is much better. I'm no longer pre diabetic. I don't binge. I don't eat off my kids plates. I stay awake all day!

I've been obese for 18 years and this is the first thing that has ever helped me and still let me eat yummy food.

My periods were so few and far between that it took me EIGHT years to conceive my son. I used to have 3 periods a year. I've had 2 in 10 weeks since MFP and low carb :-)

My story is similar. Potatoes and white bread and rice were my vice. I developed type 2 Diabetes and they needed to be cut down drastically. I still have the occasional potato but prefer sweet potato. I have swapped rice for healthier varieties and have sour dough bread and low carb options. going from 6-8 slices of bread a day to probably that amount in a week means I no longer have a carb hangover and I feel energetic, my skin is great and my mood lighter lol, not to mention the weight loss and reversal of my diabetes its been fantastic for me.
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    lusir113 wrote: »
    @KellyLouiseGibson How long did it take you? those are amazing results, I have been looking into low carb type of diet. Did you also eat High fat?

I did this is 5 months last year. I have been vack on it for just over two weeks now and i have lost 4 pounds. I am going to get down to 10 stone now :-o
    I didnt eat high fat no x