Revised Goal: 126m (15.9% complete)

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Sorry that's so large :-/

It's fine on mobile :smiley:

Edit- and if it's hot/warm out, my HR is always higher. How's your iron?

No clue about my iron. My resting heart rate is 55. But just walking puts me at 120 and walking uphill 140. I've been working out for years and running doesn't feel that hard? Except running uphill kicks my butt. You'd think I would've dropped dead running 8 min miles if my heart rate is this high running slow. Lol.

Sounds a lot like mine. RHR is about 55 also. Walking heart rate will be similar. We just may be a bit outside normal. I read that the wide range is a good sign, 50's to 180+. My iron and cholesterol are good. So, I just don't worry much anymore. I did an EKG and a stress test to make sure nothing was amiss. It nice to see someone else with similar physiology.

Running up hill is a killer!
  • Katiebug89
    Katiebug89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    May 2016 miles so far... Goal of 2 a day :smile:

May 1 - Rest Day
    May 2 - 2 miles
    May 3 - 3 miles
    May 4 - 2 miles
    May 5 - 3 miles

• username301
    username301 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    1...2/5......6k
    2...4/5......6k
    3...6/5......6k

It's all good.
  • vandinem
    vandinem Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Date      Miles      MTD
    ------    -----    -----
    May 03      4.2T     4.2  
    May 04      4.2T     8.4 
    May 06      5.1     13.5 

exercise.png
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Sorry that's so large :-/

It's fine on mobile :smiley:

Edit- and if it's hot/warm out, my HR is always higher. How's your iron?

No clue about my iron. My resting heart rate is 55. But just walking puts me at 120 and walking uphill 140. I've been working out for years and running doesn't feel that hard? Except running uphill kicks my butt. You'd think I would've dropped dead running 8 min miles if my heart rate is this high running slow. Lol.

Sounds a lot like mine. RHR is about 55 also. Walking heart rate will be similar. We just may be a bit outside normal. I read that the wide range is a good sign, 50's to 180+. My iron and cholesterol are good. So, I just don't worry much anymore. I did an EKG and a stress test to make sure nothing was amiss. It nice to see someone else with similar physiology.

Running up hill is a killer!

Yeah, I'm really tempted to think this may just be normal for me. My HR comes down really fast. In fact the second I stopping running today I broke out singing with the radio. Not like I was lying on the ground crying for help :smiley:

@ariceroni Good for you, taking care of yourself.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    @ariceroni That sounds like a beautiful day and an excellent way to recharge. Sometimes you just have to take a day off to hit reset. Way to engage in SELF CARE! B)
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Got my new Skoras delivered today....with extra duties and brokerage fees from customs....which when you include the shipping made those $109 shoes almost $200.....Why Canada sucks and just doesn't have these here, I don't know....
  • CChen8520
    CChen8520 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    5/1 25 min spinning, no run
    5/2 3.9 miles
    5/3 4.2 miles
    5/5 4.5 miles - this is how far I can get in a full hour!
    5/6 2.8 miles

thought about signing up for a 8K race in August. But still don't know if I'll like races...

exercise.png
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    01-May: <Life Day>
    02-May: 3.92 miles
    03-May: 8.22 miles
    04-May: 3.65 miles
    05-May: 7.62 miles
    06-May: 11.43 miles
    07-May:
    08-May: <Life Day>
    09-May:
    10-May:
    11-May:
    12-May:
    13-May:
    14-May:
    15-May: <Life Day>
    16-May:
    17-May:
    18-May:
    19-May:
    20-May:
    21-May:
    22-May: <Life Day>
    23-May:
    24-May:
    25-May:
    26-May:
    27-May:
    28-May:
    29-May: <Life Day>
    30-May:
    31-May:

exercise.png

That's a race I can take off my list (Macon' Us Glow 5K). Did my regular doubles (before work, and lunchtime), felt pretty good. Had packed a whole other set of clothes for the race. Left the office on-time for a change, and headed over - mildly stressed because a wreck on the interstate had traffic in nightmare state.

Get to the location with time to spare, get to the registration table, and get my first clue - she just grabs a generic packet. It has a number, but not my name or anything like that. That seemed a bit odd, but whatever. They decide to delay the start a few minutes in case folks are tied up in the city-wide traffic jam. No problem. They say the course is twisty but well-marked with both cones and people to direct. I'm not concerned because the guy at the start line is a coach for one of the local schools, and I kinda know him, and have run races he's directed before.

Start out decent (not necessarily great). Realize at some point that I'm making a loop around the same "Great Lawn" - is that right? Ask another runner, she says her husband didn't make a loop. Hmm. Get to a particular point and get directed to a side road - I throw a questioning gesture, the guy says, "I don't know why the cones were moved." Hmm again. So how much extra is the course gonna be? Keep going - various twists. Other runners are also befuddled by the problem: "Maybe they decided to make a 5-miler instead of a 5K." Ha ha.

Finally get to the end - kinda proud because this is FIRST time I've actually started and stopped my Garmin on the line, so I really KNOW how I did. Look around for the place to scribe my time, and no one seems to know what I'm talking about. Finally find someone who tells me, "We're only counting the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. We're a really small race...." Yes, I know you're a small race (65 registered participants) - which is one reason I decided to do it, because a small field means I can place well in my crowded age group.

So 1) you're gonna do a "glow race" when the sun is still up, 2) you're not gonna use enough volunteers or whatever to make sure that your course is well-handled, and 3) you're not going to bother to tell us that there are basically no prizes or recognition? Have you ever actually met a racer? Don't care if there's just a piece of paper that says, "You beat someone and you done good."

Yep - not gonna bother with that one ever again. </*kitten*-mode off>

Upcoming Races:
    06-May: Macon' Us Glow 5K
    14-May: Battle of Byron 5K AND
    Back the Blue Glow Run 10K, WR
    21-May: Georgia Jugfest 5K, Knoxville
    28-May: GEICO/Special Olympics 5K
    30-May: Cordele Kiwanis 8K
    03-Jun: Daylily Dash 5K, Gray
    04-Jul: Peachtree Road Race 10K, Atlanta, GA
    05-Sep: Labor Day Road Race 10K
    17-Sep: Joshua's Wish 5K
    24-Sep: Georgia Golden Olympics 5K
  • Elise4270
    Options
    CChen8520 wrote: »

thought about signing up for a 8K race in August. But still don't know if I'll like races...

Only one way to find out. I really enjoy the race atmosphere. 8k seems like it'd be a a good race distance.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @9voice9 ugh, sounds aweful. You could have counted the folks that came in after you.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    1 May – 16.1 km Distance PB
    3 May – 8.1 km
    5 May – 10.1 km
    7 May – 5 km parkrun PB by 48 seconds! 27:47

Total: 39.3 km (24.4 miles)
    Goal: 150 km (93 miles)

Felt great today! Felt fast.
  • cmegan427
    cmegan427 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My first challenge!

I'm doing C25k right now, so I'm still run-walking. I generally put in 3-5 miles a day. So let's make the goal for May... hmm... how about 75 miles. Yeah, we'll go with 75 to start.

That sounds awesome! I'll do that with you!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    Maybe I impulse bought this shirt on Running Warehouse today: http://www.runningwarehouse.com/Brooks_Womens_Mt_SAC_Emoji_Tee/descpage-BWEMT.html

km9npajp6x1n.png

That is so funny - Mt SAC is a college not far from me! Love the t-shirt!
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 - I so love your idea of putting songs from your family members on your running playlist so you can think about them as you're running. You are a great dad / hubby!
    @ROBOTFOOD - good luck on your marathon this weekend!
    @Orphia - another 5 km PB! How fast can you go?!
    @RespectTheKitty - congrats on running 20 mins!
    @Elise4270 - see a doctor you trust, and suck up the treatment! You want that foot to get better don't you? :D
    @9voice9 - that sucks that your race was so disorganised! That is disappointing.
    @louubelle16 - good luck with your HM on the weekend! Sorry you are not well.
    @ariceroni - look after yourself. I'm glad you took a mental health day. I hope your spirits lift soon. :)
    CChen8520 wrote: »

@CChen8520 - You know, I don't know if I like races, either, after doing a few of them... but I feel like there needs to be a point to all the training. I am not sure if I could keep myself motivated enough to train if I didn't have a goal (the race) at the end. But the race is certainly not the be-all and end-all, to me anyway, because you spend so much more time in training than you do in the actual race. It's a whole process from beginning the training program to doing the race at the end; and it can be quite transformative, I think.

May 1 – Rest
    May 2 – 9.34 km
    May 3 – 9.38 km
    May 4 – 16.3 km
    May 5 – Rest
    May 6 – 9.44 km
    May 7 – 30.02 km

Total: 74.48 km / 280 km

I just finished week 19 of my 27 week marathon training. This week I ran 74.5 km over 5 runs; with 3 x 9 km runs, 1 x 16 km run, and 30 km long run this morning. I averaged 7:34 min/km this morning, with an av HR of 130, and max of 153. I was really pleased with this effort this morning, because I was so tired this week. I dragged myself out this morning, telling myself, I can cut it short if I want to; just do 20 km this morning. But the brilliance of running an out and back course is that if you’re feeling good at whatever turn around point you have told yourself you can turn around, you just keep going a bit further, then you find yourself at the halfway point of your long run, turn around, and you still have to get back. So, this is how I did manage to accomplish my 30 km goal this morning. And surprisingly enough, I found that I did feel good, even at the 24-25 km mark (probably because I made sure to eat my snakes at the 20-21 km mark). This means that I can never trust how I feel in the morning, because it doesn’t always indicate how my run is going to be.

It’s Mother’s Day here this Sunday, so I am looking forward to a sleep-in tomorrow, breakfast in bed, and general lazing about.

Have a great weekend everyone who is racing, and those who are not!

exercise.png

Races:
    5 June Rocky River Run 21km
    3 July Gold Coast Marathon