C25k week 5 day 3 dilemma

Options
13»

Replies

• ssakcik
    ssakcik Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @dmgday. I did it.. The whole 20 mins. I always run with music or a pod cast.. Makes it go so much easier.
  • dmgday
    dmgday Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ssakcik wrote: »
    @dmgday. I did it.. The whole 20 mins. I always run with music or a pod cast.. Makes it go so much easier.

Great job...that is incredible. It's amazing what we can accomplish when we stop saying cant...
  • mappeal67
    mappeal67 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just did it!!! I just ran for 20 mins!! ... Today's lesson... Trust in yourself and the programme!

Inspiring! Thanks for your post. I'm 2 days behind you so am also feeling quite daunted, but now...NO EXCUSES!!!!
  • ssakcik
    Options
    mappeal67 wrote: »
    I just did it!!! I just ran for 20 mins!! ... Today's lesson... Trust in yourself and the programme!

Inspiring! Thanks for your post. I'm 2 days behind you so am also feeling quite daunted, but now...NO EXCUSES!!!!

Thank you... Yes... Lesson learnt, trust in yourself. It was hard but I did it!
  • ssakcik
    Options
    dmgday wrote: »

Great job...that is incredible. It's amazing what we can accomplish when we stop saying cant...

Yes... No more I can'ts
  • rnurse82
    rnurse82 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I'm heading into W3D3 this Monday. I've glances at week 5 and shudder lol not anymore. Thank you!
  • ssakcik
    Options
    @rnurse82 I did the same those first couple of weeks and thought I'd have to repeat some weeks because there was no way I'd be able to run for 3 mins, 5 mins, 8 minutes... Shudder... 20 mins lol... Even the day before my 20 mins run I didn't think I could do it... But I did!!! Today was week 6 day 1 and I ran the furthest I have so far... We will get there! We will be running 5k soon!
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    no way I'd be able to run for 3 mins, 5 mins, 8 minutes... Shudder... 20 mins lol... Even the day before my 20 mins run I didn't think I could do it... But I did!!! Today was week 6 day 1 and I ran the furthest I have so far... We will get there! We will be running 5k soon!

w5d1 was this morning--I keep rereading this thread for inspiration this week!!!!!!

i think I can, i think I can, i think i can
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    no way I'd be able to run for 3 mins, 5 mins, 8 minutes... Shudder... 20 mins lol... Even the day before my 20 mins run I didn't think I could do it... But I did!!! Today was week 6 day 1 and I ran the furthest I have so far... We will get there! We will be running 5k soon!

w5d1 was this morning--I keep rereading this thread for inspiration this week!!!!!!

YOU CAN DO IT! Running is just as much about your mental strength as it is your physical strength - and you've got boatloads of both :smiley:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I just did it!!! I just ran for 20 mins!! Okay so a snail could have overtaken me and it was nowhere near my abnormal pace but who cares? I just ran for 20 mins!!! 5 weeks ago I only managed 50 seconds! Thank you all for your advise and encouragement! Today's lesson... Trust in yourself and the programme!

Congratulations!
  • ssakcik
    Options

Did you do it? I hope you did!
  • ssakcik
    Options
    Sorry, you did wk5 day 1... Didnt spot that til after my post... You can do it!
  • ssakcik
    Options
    Week 6 day 2 done. From now on it's running... No more intevals.