New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    7-11 used to sell diet coke slurpees yeeeeeeeeeeears ago. I'm glad they brought it back!

I'll probably slip into a 7-11 or two to see if we have them when the weather warms up again.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    @bmarge10288 if you like chocolate. Try D Naturals Chocolate Smores. One of the best.

n1u3ofc7swqn.jpg

I bought the Vanilla Maple flavor & will review once it comes in.

I bought the vanilla maple, S'mores, and the new Cocoa Glazed Cinnamon bun fluffbutters. The cinnamon bun one hasn't arrived yet (it was a pre-order) but I love the vanilla maple! I think the S'mores is just okay, it has a slightly strange aftertaste. I'm actually surprised how much I like the vanilla maple one, since I don't really like almond butter in general.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    @bmarge10288 if you like chocolate. Try D Naturals Chocolate Smores. One of the best.

n1u3ofc7swqn.jpg

I bought the Vanilla Maple flavor & will review once it comes in.

this is totally on my list next time I make a big order.

I tried the Vanilla Maple frosting & it really does taste like frosting! It's not as sweet as regular frosting, but definitely resembles it texture wise & taste.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    k70jvei7pd45.jpeg
    Found these at target yesterday!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I got the diet coke slurpee! Was YUMMY! I used to eat slurpees all the time as a kid. I am glad they finally came out with a diet coke one.

Tried this caramel peanut butter, was delicious!!! I was hoping they would of sent me some of the other flavors, but they send me this one to try. I would buy again. I like a lot better than pb2. The caramel flavor tastes really good with the peanut butter, almost reminds me of a butterfinger taste. Really good!
    cy074k8j59a8.png

Ok I'm almost out of PB2 and this looks tasty... I wonder where it's sold though! I know that I love the caramel/almond butter combination so why not.
    wearmi1 wrote: »
    k70jvei7pd45.jpeg

I might try the flip but the other flavors just don't appeal to me for some reason... although I don't think I've ever eaten guava, lol.

I finally remember what the new brand of Gelato at Shop Rite is.. it's this

http://www.superbogelato.com/

Has anyone ever tried it? It's on sale this week, but I'm just not impressed by the flavors, there's nothing original about them...
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I got the diet coke slurpee! Was YUMMY! I used to eat slurpees all the time as a kid. I am glad they finally came out with a diet coke one.

Tried this caramel peanut butter, was delicious!!! I was hoping they would of sent me some of the other flavors, but they send me this one to try. I would buy again. I like a lot better than pb2. The caramel flavor tastes really good with the peanut butter, almost reminds me of a butterfinger taste. Really good!
    cy074k8j59a8.png

Ok I'm almost out of PB2 and this looks tasty... I wonder where it's sold though! I know that I love the caramel/almond butter combination so why not.
    k70jvei7pd45.jpeg

I might try the flip but the other flavors just don't appeal to me for some reason... although I don't think I've ever eaten guava, lol.

Has anyone ever tried it? It's on sale this week, but I'm just not impressed by the flavors, there's nothing original about them...

The guava was just OK. I really don't know what guava is supposed to taste like, but it was pretty boring. The only saving grace was the 12g protein.
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    6e256c69dxo0.jpeg
    ti7nha44ryho.png

Tried these two since they were on sale at Meijer. The Dark Cherry Chai was tasty. I really enjoyed the subtle chai spices throughout, and even saw the cinnamon and spices mixed in. The honey pear was disappointing, however. I really didn't get any honey or pear flavor. For those who are used to Greek yogurt, this is thin, and at only 6g protein, I probably won't get often. But the chai was good enough to be on my future list.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    ASH_DVM wrote: »

cy074k8j59a8.png

k70jvei7pd45.jpeg

The guava was just OK. I really don't know what guava is supposed to taste like, but it was pretty boring. The only saving grace was the 12g protein.
    I haven't had guava in a while but it's pretty tasty.

I'd need to try some more to describe it better but I can't imagine it working in a yogurt.

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    ol73kuv5ti0y.jpg
    The Publix I went to said this was new, figured I'd give it a shot as I like key lime pie. It was rather disappointing. Their regular key lime greek yogurt plus graham crumbles and white chocolate pieces. The chocolate annoyed me because they were big chunks. I suppose the theory was it was to be like the whipped cream? I'd have just preferred more graham.

ccdgct71rshj.png
    Another "Publix said new" but also, salted caramel so I didn't care. :lol: I only had half a serving (half a scoop-ish at 41g), but while it was a tiny amount, it's got a good chunk of sugar in it thanks to the caramel, so I wasn't really didn't think about going back for more.
    I was going to try Artic Zero, but the flavors they had were uninspiring (Mint, Vanilla and something else meh).
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited May 2016
    My target has finally started carrying the Dark Chocolate and Crunchy Peanut Butter Kodiak Cakes pancake mixes! I was going to get the crunchy peanut butter but after seeing only one dark chocolate left on the shelves I decided to splurge on that one before they sold out and took weeks to restock.
    Needless to say, I'll definitely be returning for the peanut butter!
    The dark chocolate was PHENOMENAL. Hands down the best flavor I've tasted by these guys, and so much better than P28 Foods protein pancakes or many others I've tried, which are either dry or have a funky aftertaste in my opinion.
    It recommended mixing the mix with equal parts water but I found this turned out much more watery than I like, so I actually had them more like crepes this morning but they were still out of this world! Very rich, dark, and complex chocolate taste and very moist. Definitely something you must get if you're addicted to pancakes as much as I am! As a filling for crepes (or topping for pancakes) rather than using syrup I really enjoy making protein glaze using Quest's protein powder and adding a tiny amount of water until it gets thick but spreadable (won't work with some other brand protein powders for some reason), so I added the Salted Caramel quest glaze and it was just lovely. Kodiak Cakes aced this flavor!

Oh man, I look forward to mixing the dark chocolate and crunchy peanut butter pancake mixes for the best protein pancakes I've ever tried. What's better than chocolate peanut butter, after all?
  • mathandcats

cy074k8j59a8.png

I bought some off of Amazon. You can get two flavours (6.5oz each) for $11.50ish, or two big containers (16oz each) for I think $22. I got the small ones just to try, but if I like it, the large containers are much cheaper than buying the 6.5oz PB2 containers at the stores here!
  • Francl27
    hgycta wrote: »
    My target has finally started carrying the Dark Chocolate and Crunchy Peanut Butter Kodiak Cakes pancake mixes! I was going to get the crunchy peanut butter but after seeing only one dark chocolate left on the shelves I decided to splurge on that one before they sold out and took weeks to restock.
    Needless to say, I'll definitely be returning for the peanut butter!
    The dark chocolate was PHENOMENAL. Hands down the best flavor I've tasted by these guys, and so much better than P28 Foods protein pancakes or many others I've tried, which are either dry or have a funky aftertaste in my opinion.
    It recommended mixing the mix with equal parts water but I found this turned out much more watery than I like, so I actually had them more like crepes this morning but they were still out of this world! Very rich, dark, and complex chocolate taste and very moist. Definitely something you must get if you're addicted to pancakes as much as I am! As a filling for crepes (or topping for pancakes) rather than using syrup I really enjoy making protein glaze using Quest's protein powder and adding a tiny amount of water until it gets thick but spreadable (won't work with some other brand protein powders for some reason), so I added the Salted Caramel quest glaze and it was just lovely. Kodiak Cakes aced this flavor!

Oh man, I look forward to mixing the dark chocolate and crunchy peanut butter pancake mixes for the best protein pancakes I've ever tried. What's better than chocolate peanut butter, after all?

Man you make me want to try to go to Target to check it out...

cy074k8j59a8.png

I bought some off of Amazon. You can get two flavours (6.5oz each) for $11.50ish, or two big containers (16oz each) for I think $22. I got the small ones just to try, but if I like it, the large containers are much cheaper than buying the 6.5oz PB2 containers at the stores here!

Good to know, thanks!
  • mathandcats
    hz3kacpxd0m3.png

Just tried this. It's yummy, sort of a milk chocolate flavour. However, it's nutritionally not much different from just having a serving of ice cream (or non-dairy "ice cream") and it's not tastier than that, so I probably wouldn't buy it again. It is way tastier than any premade chocolate greek yogurt I've tried though.
  • Kib13
    Kib13 Posts: 38 Member
    I like the Orgain Protein Vanilla Almond Milk. I've tried the lightly sweetened and unsweetened. Good amount of protein and the unsweetened is only 60 calories for 8 ounces. I use it in my oats and my banana protein smoothies.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    blhddvaao4lh.jpg
    I was so excited to find these when I went to Target, and I have to say that I was disappointedly them. They're sweet, but not sweet enough, and they don't have enough of a cake-batter-y flavor for a cake-batter-enthusianst like myself. Really, it tastes about like a regular gummy that someone forgot to put the fruit juice into.

i6ify4ah3641.jpg
    Another "meh" product. I like most of Suja's juices, so I thought that I may like this. It's a bit like infused water, which I don't particularly care for. And the only probiotic in it is Bacillus coagulans, which isn't anything special. Most "probiotic" processed foods include this strain since it's so hardy and shelf-stable.

fnsrh78qzsji.jpg
    Yum! I love the creamy texture and the strong coffee taste. I've never bought iced coffee from the store before since it's usually dairy-based and almost always heavily sweetened, but I was surprised to find this! Really yummy! Califa never fails to please me. :)

mmvqvumvfqyv.jpg
    I found these at Target, too. I was going to buy Ian's chicken nuggets (I had a coupon), but decided on these instead since they were a good price and were organic. Haven't tried them yet. Maybe for dinner tomorrow.

8nd5xxxon19s.jpg
    These have a pretty nice sweet-and-salty thing going on. Not too sweet, but just enough. After reading the label, though, I realized that the corn (the main ingredient) wasn't sprouted. Only the quinoa and one other grain that was present in a lesser amount in comparison to the corn were, which disappointed me. I wish that ALL the grains had been sprouted.

5xf1bsbtclj9.jpg
    These were yummy, too! I liked the spice in them. Just enough to make my tongue tingle a little bit.

1m7l1r7x7exx.jpg
    Too plain. These just tasted like regular corn chips. And there wasn't enough salt on them. Good with a black bean salsa spread on them, though.

qalrpcznb4yy.jpg
    Definitely just a sugary junk food, but this was still tasty. It tasted a lot like a slightly less bitter grapefruit juice.

obhnjbh24acj.jpg

I really liked these! They're just the right size (50 calories), are dairy-free, and taste really good! Plus, you drink it out of a smiley face shaped hole, which is really cute!

os21lyneh9z9.jpg

I got this for $2.50 (manager's special) at Kroger, and was really surprised at how good it is. They don't add any sugar to this, but the warm cinnamon compliments the nutty flax oil really nicely. I wouldn't drink it off a spoon or anything, but it's really good to use for dipping toasted cinnamon raisin bread in.
  • Francl27
    Went to Target and go this yesterday thanks to @hgycta.

50280065?wid=480&hei=480

Love that it's not too sweet. Very tasty. It doesn't rise much, like the other Kodiak mixes, but it's not a problem for me as I love crepes too. I had caramel almond butter on them. So good.
  • MrsMoviestar
    MrsMoviestar Posts: 115 Member
    edited May 2016
    Ok, so it's not a "NEW" product, but it's new for me. I've been eating EZEKIEL BREAD. Its sprout bread, no flour, and I have to say its very good. It's perfect fit people that are trying to keep their carb% down. I find it best if you toast it first a little.
  • Francl27
    nutbars.jpg

Got the chocolate, peanut and almond ones. Tasty (but weigh 10% more than what the package says).

Also finally got to try these and I approve... but like all cereals, not something I'm likely to really spend my calories on.

s-l1000.jpg
  • mathandcats
    Not new, but new to me: the D's Naturals No Cow bar in blueberry cobbler is a much yummier blueberry protein bar than the new Quest one (only available through Quest labs right now).
  • mathandcats
    ec12nhsz0frt.jpg

Disappointing. Doesn't taste like a cinnamon roll at all. Of the three flavours I've tried, I'm only in love with the vanilla maple. The S'mores and this one are just alright (IMO they don't really taste that different). I wonder if the almond butter ones are just better?