Different kinds of tea...

Options

Replies

• webrat_jen
    webrat_jen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I LOVE tea, and drink lots of herbal teas to substitute for glasses of wine in the evening. i especially like licorice teas (which don;t taste like licorice sweets, but more like sugar cane) since they are sweet. Licorice and peppermint is extra nice.
    i am also a massive fan of Matcha green tea, which is expensive (about 10-20 for a months supply), but i found really has perked up my energy levels and mood. the flavour is very strong, like a concentrated dose of green tea, and though i can drink without grimacing now, it is not something i drink for the taste.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I have this new think about adding Torani syrup in it, so good! I only get the sugar free kind.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    This thread died for a bit. I need to start increasing my tea intake again, does green tea or black tea to help lose weight.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My tops are lady gray (twinings), bengal spice (celestial seasonings) and ginger green (tazo). I really love a good chai as well.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    Lady gray is amazing. I add honey and sugar in mine. I need to quit that habit to lose weight but black teas are my favorite.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I only recently discovered tea and I've totally fallen in love with all the different options! My go to is Bigelow Plantation Mint black tea, but I also like fruity herbal teas, white tea etc.

I also prefer the bagged teas because it's just quicker. I have the equipment to make loose tea but I don't bother with it anymore. I just put some water in my old Hot Pot (bought it for .75 at a garage sale 2 years ago lol), and 3 minutes later I have my tea bag steeping!

And add me to the tea hoarder club-I have an entire cupboard devoted just to my tea :)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    I like loose leaf tea at home but when I am on the go or at work I think tea bags are best. I used Chamomile when I am sick and black tea for everyday. I need to find a recipe for summer cold teas.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    All tea is gross.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    All tea is gross.

arrested-development-lucille-sure.gif
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    All tea is gross.

haha. It depends on the tea and what kind you like. I think their is a tea for everyone.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    All tea is gross.

haha. It depends on the tea and what kind you like. I think their is a tea for everyone.

Nope. There's no tea for me.
    They ALL taste like grass.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    So many different flavours....

Love bitter teas like a Kenyan tinderent, or earthy aged puer, or smokey lapsing suchong, or fruity like teavabas dragon fruit devotion.

To say all tastes the same is like saying all meat tastes the same....
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried tulsi tea? I bought some at a farmer's market a couple weeks ago. Interesting flavor, a little on the sweet side. I'm thinking I might mix it with some other herbs and come up with a new blend.
  • whitneyzelig
    whitneyzelig Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So my routine is black tea and I'm starting to drink green tea. Any other kind of teas I can try? I want to expand my palate. I like Teavana but its so expensive, I'm starting to think Twinnings is just as good.

Traditional medicinals are all organic. Dandelion tea is awesome for digestion/ detox of bile ducts. Throat coat, ginger, green tea of all sorts, pau de arco, lemon balm, peppermint, cranberry aide, there's just so many. Yogi kava to sleep works very well
  • Vanyahiril
    Vanyahiril Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You should try a London Fog- made with Earl Grey, steamed milk, and vanilla. So delicious. If you happen to have a Davids Tea near you (you probably don't if you're not in Canada), it has so many different types of delicious tea (lime gelato, strawberry fields, white nectarine, etc).
    I LOVE Davids tea. There are stores in the US, just not a lot. Unfortunately, there are none by me, so I order online. I drink a lot of Matcha. & I'm absolutely in love with their Lemon Pound Cake (oolong) I wish it were a permanent tea. I should have bought more. So much variety. The customer service I've received is was great, plus I'm a fan of their frequent steeper program.

My cupboard is full of David's tea, & Bigelow's (good flavor for a bagged tea, plus I just like the company itself)

http://steepster.com/Vanyahiril
  • Vanyahiril
    Vanyahiril Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Oh, & I haven't coughed up the cash for a gravity steeper, but a French press works just as well. You can also use it to make foam for lattes :)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    Options
    Vanyahiril wrote: »
    Oh, & I haven't coughed up the cash for a gravity steeper, but a French press works just as well. You can also use it to make foam for lattes :)

I've never heard of one of those! Do you love it?
  • treegirl97
    treegirl97 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered the love for David's Tea and now have about 25 different kinds! Blueberry Jam, Chocolate Rocket and English Toffee are my current favourites. I drink 3-4 cups every day.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My favorites are Rooibos(red) and Chrysanthemum tea. I also really like white teas. There was one I used to love that was pear white tea. I have not seen it in the store recently though.

I actually brew my tea using my little 4 cup coffee maker. Just put the tea leaves in the filter basket and brew like would coffee. The results seem pretty perfect for my tastes.
  • kelseymallen
    kelseymallen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love Twinings: specifically, Irish breakfast, earl grey, and lady grey. They're great with honey and milk. But if you're looking for ones aside from black teas, you could try white tea, Yerba mate, or celestial's herbal teas.