When did people notice your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• myfightforfitness
    myfightforfitness Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Wow it is really so motivating reading everyone's experiences thanks a lot B)
  • myfightforfitness
    Options
    Sounds good I can't wait to start seeing a difference in myself :D
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I started at 272 and lost close to 30 lb before the most mouthy people around me mentioned anything. Later I learned that most of the people around me were noticing and mentioning it to one another. Even later I learned that several of the people around me are starting or resuming their effort to lose the extra weight and get in shape, with some success.

Oh yeah this happened, some I think were like "oh heck no, they ain't getting smaller than me" and If that's how I motivated them that's great.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    lil_br_98 wrote: »
    I started at 230 in March and currently down to 222. I started noticing a difference in my legs first, It's going to sound weird but I've really toned up in my knees and I can't stop feeling them...lol. I also have to pull up my jeans a lot (I don't wear belts...might have to rethink that). I've had family members and friends start commenting after about 6 wks of working out 5-6 days a week.

I have the knee thing too, I used to have these fat rolls when I crossed my legs or sat with my legs bent, now it's just flat, I cannot remember not having those fat spots, so surreal!
  • myfightforfitness
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    I started at 248.5, started getting comments at about 220. People were alarmed when I got into the 180's. Nobody said a damn thing when I went back up to 205. Striving for comments again, LOL.

I started at a very similar weight as your starting weight even thought ive lost forty pounds I'm still not noticing and barely anyone has too lol hopefully after I lose fifty people will notice haha
  • myfightforfitness
    Options
    I started similar weight to you but still haven't got any comments :'(
    I'd say 40# from my experience. I started at 240 and was getting some little comments about 20# down. I'm around 40 down now and a lot of people are commenting. It feels great, but there's definitely a line I've crossed where people are seeing me as a new person. I've also started noticing a lot all of a sudden.

• PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I lost 80 pounds and people started noticing after 30 pounds. I started being able to tell a difference in my clothes at 20 pounds but honestly I didn't see a big difference in myself until after 30.
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    angfirst wrote: »
    I have lost just over 70 pounds. I started at 283. The comments from other people started in the past couple of weeks, so after about 65 pounds. But once that first comment came, the floodgates opened and now people comment all the time.

My mind hasn't caught up. I know I am wearing smaller clothes and can fit in smaller places, but I still feel like I am the biggest girl around. Logically, I know that I have come a long way, but I cannot really "see" it. Kwim?

I started at 285 and had no comments until I'd lost about 80lbs, although a couple of people I know (men, mainly) said that they'd noticed but hadn't liked to say anything in case of causing offence, bless them.

I'm now 100+ down and still struggle to see myself as anything BUT how I was before. My clothes size has almost halved, I have cheekbones and collarbones, the insides of my knees are bruised where they clank together at night (I sleep on my side) my eyes appear bigger, I can see that physically I have shrunk (smaller clothes and there is now a huge gap between my stomach and the steering wheel of my car) but in my head I am still the former me. It's quite alarming as now people say I've lost weight but I disregard the comments as internally, I find it hard to acknowledge.

I kwym. I lost 80 pounds, logically I know I am smaller. I just don't feel it. I still am very self conscious of my weight.
  • myfightforfitness
    Options
    B)
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I started at 233 and am now at 202. I noticed somewhere between 15 and 20 but didn't really get comments until about 25 or 30 gone. I was actually getting a little annoyed, lol. I'm 5'5" so have a looooong way to go yet.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I started at 207. By 197 people started to notice.
  • ryana2
    ryana2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started at 318 and I noticed after 20-30. My family noticed about then too. My co-workers must have noticed but never said anything until I had lost 100 pounds! I can only assume they felt awkward about saying something but I was a whole different person after 100 pounds and they saw me nearly every day.
  • catsdogsh
    catsdogsh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    kandeye wrote: »
    I started at 257, currently sitting at 244. No one has noticed really yet but I have! I can't stop feeling my ribcage because it's leaned out so much. My face is a bit thinner as well. The best thing is my clothes are starting to fit normally ( lol I was in denial and refused to buy any bigger clothes).

My weight loss is identical to yours! Love it
  • Britanieisrad
    Britanieisrad Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started at 256, and lost 11 lbs and still dont notice much of a physical difference yet. However, up until just recently I have only been dieting and not doing much exercise so maybe that has something to do with it? I dunno, but just hang in there! :smiley:
  • myfightforfitness
    Options
    Wow great job everyone well done
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've now lost 31 lbs (went from 216 to 185) and exactly one person has commented!
  • raisingcropsandkids
    raisingcropsandkids Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 40, I have 40 more to go. I've gotten a few comments, really only when I post things about my weightless. Of course my husband has lost 20lbs and everywhere we go people comment! Lol
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    IM actually thinking that this time I won't have lost an actual pound before someone outside of my family says something. I'm losing inches like crazy, but not pounds. So I think weight lifting this time is going to change the time people notice.

First time round I didn't exercise at all, and it took people like 50lbs before they said anything and I think it's because I was losing muscle too. This time will be different :)