I am NOT giving that up!

Options

Replies

• hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Cheese! I LOVE cheese.. particularly blue cheese and all the different continental varieties. I don't really eat much meat (generally only fish) so it's my compensation. However, I've switched to using Mainland (NZ) Light tasty cheese... it has 50% less fat and is actually not bad as it still tastes like cheddar just has a firmer texture. And it melts! :)
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Cheese! I'll cut calories in other areas, but I want my cheese!

haha, just noticed hbunting86 posted the same thing. Mmmm, queso!
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Haha great minds! Yeah def cheese... must admit I'm a bit of a cheese addict though it's expensive over here in NZ so have naturally cut back. Plus, there is no proper 'British' stilton that even comes near the mark! :)
  • damcool
    damcool Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Popcorn!!! Fully loaded with butter and sea salt...Yummy! Have it about 3 times a week. I just work it into my calorie count...
  • BarnDogBob
    BarnDogBob Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    red wine and klondike bars

Like this

Maybe work it into my dinner tomorrow :laugh:
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    red wine and klondike bars

Like this

Maybe work it into my dinner tomorrow :laugh:

Sounds good to me too! Nice combo LOL
  • PERFECT_YOU
    Options
    I have been wondering if there is anyone else out there not willing to give up a certain food or drink even tho they are dieting. I have given up a lot and changed habits but there are certain things that would make me miserable if I couldn't enjoy them. I think it is ok to have some things you can't part with as long as that one thing isn't keeping you from getting fit. I also think that as long as it is in moderation why not have it? So what is that thing for you?

Mine is easy Mexican food! I take off the cheese either get chicken or ground turkey( but sometimes get beef) and even tho there is rice and beans and everything else I cant help it! it is too good not to have once in a while !

Real 100% PROGRAM!!!
    http://1b3a4xmisk1smy7qmanlvr9o58.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=IM
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I don't give up ANYTHING.

I have learned how to make all my favorite foods healthier, and I love to cook. I make a great whole wheat pizza dough that I top with low fat cheese and sugar free sauce with other favorite toppings...the whole pizza is like 900 calories...so half of it fits perfectly into my meal plan and I don't have to suffer through crazy things like veggie crusts or pita bread crusts. It's the real thing. I also make ice cream that is healthy and tastes no different than the sugary fattening kind. The list goes on and on...

The only thing I don't make myself that I can't really modify either is my alcohol. I don't like beer, I like mixed drinks with rum and tequila. I wish I could make a low cal rum with sugar free juice, but that just doesn't exist. So I have less than I used to and make sure I compensate somewhere else in the plan so I can fit it in.

There's no reason to give up anything, cause that will definitely cause us to binge and ultimately quit trying to lose weight!
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I will not give anything up! I eat/drink it in moderation. I have learned from past tries that if I limit myself or restrict myself from certain foods I'm only setting myself up to fail... MODERATION is the key to life! just my opinion!!!

AMEN to this!!! You CAN do moderation, it's hard and you will occasionally fail, but you CAN do it!!!

xx
  • csmkat
    csmkat Posts: 4
    Options
    I will not give anything up! I eat/drink it in moderation. I have learned from past tries that if I limit myself or restrict myself from certain foods I'm only setting myself up to fail... MODERATION is the key to life! just my opinion!!!

This is so true! I co uld not agree more, the more I limit the more I feel like having it and then it all goes down from there!
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything. I am of the belief that if you give up on something you're more likely to binge and fall off the wagon.

In saying that, I haven't touched alcohol since March 2010 (I wasn't a big drinker anyway) but that decision wasn't made because I wanted to lose weight, it was because I just couldn't be bothered drinking any more...
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm not giving anything up. I've always eaten healthily, I just used to binge sometimes. So now I'm eating in moderation and exercising!
    I agree with all the other people saying, restricting what you eat is going to make you want it more, so you're more likely to binge and fall off the wagon.
  • mamasitatata
    Options
    ICE CREAM!!! Anyone who knows me ice cream is by fav!!!! I use to eat it 4x a week, now I only do it twice!! I honestly haven't "given up" any of the regular foods I eat, I have just scaled down my portion sizes and set limits to how many servings I consume.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    For me, it's Margaritas, Cheeseburgers and Chocolate.

My personal trainer goes you know you'd lose so much more weight if you cut the alcohol and crap out and I just give him a dirty look and go uh no. You would not want to talk to me if I could not eat what I wanted when I wanted... I'd be so crabby!
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    BEER. I've cut back heavily but there's no way I would ever give it up entirely
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm another cheese addict, but I've found ways to work it into my diet without going overboard. I definitely eat less of it than I did, but it's still there.

I'm a huge fan of Kraft mac and cheese - if you make it with half butter and skim milk I think it tastes better and then I can eat half the box without killing my calories for the day!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want I just have smaller portions... I mean I used to go to mcdonalds and have like 4 burgers, fries, and a pop... now I have a ceaser salad with chicken or one burger... and fries if I can make them fit... If i could never have fast food again, I would fail... I love it too much! :)

Absolutely! I don't think you have to give up anything! That's why I love doing MFP so much...if it "fits" in my journal, then I will have that cappuccino or I will have those nachos at the ballgame. When I go to McD's, it's more salads these days or I get a hamburger, side salad, and a fruit-n-yogurt parfait (my new favorite :smile: ) This isn't about depriving yourself, it's figuring out how to make these things work without over doing it! :happy:
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Definitely my weekend beers. My fiance and I enjoy trying different beers a lot and we usually do it on the weekends. I try to work it into my calories, but if I can't, I eat light the next day. I know it's most likely slowing down the process of losing weight, but I'm not giving it up. I have, however, cut back a lot on it.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    oreos and chips... I have tried and failed to give these up in the past, now I'm trying that whole "everything in moderation" approach. Which is way trickier than it sounds!