On 1200 calories. Need motivation :D

Options

Replies

• donjohn49
    donjohn49 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is my first day. I'm sticking to 1200 calories a day and trying to lose 20 pounds. I'm trying the 5 and two diet where you "fast" two days a week....only eat 500 calories those days and then eat 1200 the other five days. Started today with a "fasting" day and it wasn't as hard as I thought but will need motivation!!
  • ralostaz2000
    ralostaz2000 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    PashCaline wrote: »
    I'm over 15kg overweight. I found it hard to carry that weight. Would you like to be my friend and help each other? :)
    my daughter is 10 months now and I had 15 kgs to lose too...I started with Dukan diet for a month or so...and I lost 7 of them...then I followed 1200 calories aday and lost another 2 ...now I have still 6 to go but I increased my calories yo 1350 as I found it hard tobrun for 1200...but the loss is extremely slow by now as I am not playing sports usualy.

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    AliceAxe wrote: »
    im suppose to be at 1200 by my doc but cant seem to get it below 1400. 1200 is so low , Im constantly hungry and having low blood sugar attacks. I lost 7 lbs on mfp , but already gained 5 back, dont know why. so I could use the tips and motivation.

good luck to everyone!

AliceAxe, I don't know how tall you are, maybe 1400 is better for you than 1200. Fat and Protein help me feel full. I leave carbs under 50g per day and eat 20-30g protein 4 times a day. I get my carbs from vegetables and an occasional splurge of berries. Good Luck!
  • robinkay2
    robinkay2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!!
    30 lbs to go-back at it just today...ugh, so tough.
    But I've climbed this hill before, healthier eating, exercise, changing my stinking thinking:)
    1200 per day, I try to not eat back my exercise calories, and some days a 50 calorie snack at bedtime-even if i go over 1200 helps me not feel SO hungry...also cut carbs as much as possible.
  • Sandee_Bee
    Sandee_Bee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm also at 1200, I have a lot of weight to lose. Today was my first day and I went over. I will have to cut back during the day because I get bad munchies at night. Good luck!
  • meghanttu08
    meghanttu08 Posts: 158 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I was bad today...1600 calories but I'm staying positive. I'll walk more at work, and I'm hitting the gym tomorrow after work!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Do any of you guys know how many calories you burn in a day? If you're only eating 1200 calories but you're burning 2000+ each day how are you gonna stick to that long term?! http://kyrawilliamsfitness.com/how-many-calories-do-i-burn-in-a-day/

These folks so far, mostly, have less than 30 lb to lose and a 1200 calorie plan is achievable for women. In the time scale they are looking at, 6 months or less, I think they can get the habit of understanding and mastering their mind and body relationship to food such that the long-term issue is maintenance and most of them can learn that long term maintenance is the same as dieting on a 1700 - 1800 calorie plan.
  • hollypopp10
    hollypopp10 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm eating between 1000-1400 cals per day. I'm drinking about 80-100 oz of water to help keep me full. I've lost 8.2 pounds so far and have about 48 to go.
  • PashCaline
    PashCaline Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!! So motivated guys :D:D
    Quite good yesterday. I ate below 1300cal and was fine :). I walked a bit which made it easier to go over a bit 1200 :)
    Have a great day :)
    P.S. My husband gave me a surprise (???hu155jy84n0hx.jpeg
    never does ;)): Brioche
  • rutef2004
    rutef2004 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same place as you and looking for new friends on MFP. Good luck
  • icoxel
    icoxel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I lost 17 pounds in the last 5 weeks. I am in the best shape of my life, all thanks to a 1500 diet( cut down on all added sugars and lower the fat intake and increase you protein intake)+ Insanity Workout Program. Insanity changed my life, not only did I lose weight but I also have Abs now and a much stronger body. Try this, results guaranteed.
  • wayne206
    wayne206 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 65yr old. male. 9/2015 weighed 221. joined mfp. weighed 192 at Thanksgiving. I blew it. Holidays. I'm struggling to stay below 200 since. Went to Doc yesturday. 196lbs. I have to count carbs now. That's a little complicated.
  • facai888
    facai888 Posts: 17 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hello there .I am SooooooooOooo happy I found this group ❤️.I am in .Today is DAY ONE and hopefully not the last one .Need to lose 20kg .....
  • PantoneRed
    PantoneRed Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My 1200 calorie a day plan is also open to friends.
  • BeautyPi
    BeautyPi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @TeaBea i have not incorporated workout regime into my weight loss due to ill health. But I can defiantly see myself getting hungrier once I start working out. You doing well. Well done I hope I can keep up too
  • nicolettecota
    nicolettecota Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Myfitnesspal says I should only have 1,200 calories a day but Bodybuilding.com says 1,322. I want to lose at least 15 lbs. Counting macros is so confusing! :s I was thinking, if MFP adds calories to your day just because you worked out, are you eating at a deficit? I think you would lose more sticking to 1,200 and just having the extra "exercise calories" left over as a bonus toward weight loss.
  • Peg334
    Peg334 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow at 1200 calories.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I was at 1200 but changed it to 1250. I have an apple watch which tracks my active cals and sometimes I eat them back other times I don't need to. Some days are hungrier than others :D I've lost 9.4 lbs in about 10 weeks. Hope to lose about 5 more.
  • mickey2942
    mickey2942 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Time to get serious and commit. I am a diet drop out. I dabble a bit, give up, back and forth...it just seems to take so much commitment to change. I slide back to my lazy, wanna eat pasta and ice cream self. And lay on the sofa every night.

The day of reckoning has come. Even the "fat' clothes don't fit. Gasp! How did 20 pounds sneak up and get on my hips?!

Sigh. Change must occur. And it starts today.

I do better with a set plan and dedicated exercise schedule. I am better off with no cooking. And staying away from carbs. I am going to weigh and measure food, because that is my downfall.

At least I have a goal, 40 pounds by October. We are going on a vacation then. I will be happy with 20 though.

No more excuses. No more delays. This is it.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    donjohn49 wrote: »
    This is my first day. I'm sticking to 1200 calories a day and trying to lose 20 pounds. I'm trying the 5 and two diet where you "fast" two days a week....only eat 500 calories those days and then eat 1200 the other five days. Started today with a "fasting" day and it wasn't as hard as I thought but will need motivation!!

Hi!! Just letting you know this is not how 5:2 works. You're supposed to eat at or near maintenance calories for 5 days and fast (500 calories) for the 2 days. Your deficit is only coming from the two fasting days. Averaging out what you're doing, that's 1000 calories a day, likely over 1000 calorie deficit every day- way too much.

Hope this helps!!