Meals to lose belly fat

Options

Replies

• ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Erm, I don't eat at a deficit. I lost weight, well used some of the fat store I have.
    I cut carbs - bread, pasta and root veg. Increased fat intake to 70%. Moderate protein at 20% and low carbs 10%.

You may not have counted calories but if you lost weight you were in a deficit (most likely cutting the carbs resulted in lowering calories overall to the degree of creating a deficit).
    This is true and undeniable thanks to the laws of thermodynamics.

You'd think so wouldn't you? But no, I wasn't, I am not, just eating for maintenance. In fact, I probably consume more calories now tha I did a year ago, I was 86kg. I walked a heck of a lot, playing football, swimming. I'm much less active now.
    Have a read of this article.

http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/energy-balance-myths/
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    You didn't lose fat. You lost water....unless you were in a deficit.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Erm, I don't eat at a deficit. I lost weight, well used some of the fat store I have.
    I cut carbs - bread, pasta and root veg. Increased fat intake to 70%. Moderate protein at 20% and low carbs 10%.

You may not have counted calories but if you lost weight you were in a deficit (most likely cutting the carbs resulted in lowering calories overall to the degree of creating a deficit).

You'd think so wouldn't you? But no, I wasn't, I am not, just eating for maintenance. In fact, I probably consume more calories now tha I did a year ago, I was 86kg. I walked a heck of a lot, playing football, swimming. I'm much less active now.

Not just think so, it IS so. The law of Conservation of Energy is immutable. That means nothing in the observable universe defies it. Certainly not you, on this speck of dust within a speck of dust within a speck of dust floating in the universe that we call home.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

Also you should reread and understand what is said in the article you posted.
  • ltesiat
    ltesiat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ltesiat wrote: »
    My stomach is flat. And a lot of inches around the waist come from not just fat but bloating and inflammation from sodium and foods we eat. As well as food allergens that can cause bloating. Knowledge about this can help reduce the waistline. The only thing in my initial comment I would steer clear of is the smoothies bc that can cause bloating or unwanted sugar.

My stomach is also flat. I don't eat green apples. Or drink green tea or Yerba mate. Or consume ginger or turmeric.

I win.

:D

Seriously though, if someone has a legitimate food allergy then of course they shouldn't eat those foods (bloating would be the least of their worries in that case). Sodium causes temporary water retention. So what? It's not actual fat/weight gains. Which is what the OP was asking about in her first post.

And it looks like 'inflammation' is the new fad buzz word sigh....

OP-just focus on eating at the correct calorie deficit for you weight loss goals and you'll be successful :)

These were suggestions to help the original persons questions. These are things that have worked for me to achieve results if you have other things that work for you that's great. Everyone gives general answers and I wanted to offer something tangible. If you all disagree that's fine I hope the original person got something from the answers.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    What is it with some people?
    No, of course I've never logged my calories, and I don't understand the article I've posted...
  • Hornsby
    Options
    What is it with some people?
    No, of course I've never logged my calories, and I don't understand the article I've posted...

How do you know you're eating at maintenance?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »
    deficit. only thing that works. Wouldnt it be nice is there was magic? if eating apples helped eith belly fat then everyone would have a six pack scarfing down apples all day.
    when and how fast you lose in your belly depends on your shape and were your body typicall packs on fat. My body stores fat in my butt thighs and hips. Have a flat toned tummy but my butt thighs and hips could be a giggly mess. yay genetics.

This^

I have a pear shape......whether I weight 160 pounds or 106 pounds. This is my genetics.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

If you lost weight on the scale or reduced your bodyfat percentage then you were in a deficit!
  • Hornsby
    Options

If you lost weight on the scale or reduced your bodyfat percentage then you were in a deficit!

You mean that if they lost weight AND body fat, they were in a deficit.
  • zuly886
    zuly886 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sorry if my post was confusing yes i know there is no meals to lose fat i should had especify what i meant was meals that help with fat lose and things i could do to lose belly fat
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    zuly886 wrote: »
    Sorry if my post was confusing yes i know there is no meals to lose fat i should had especify what i meant was meals that help with fat lose and things i could do to lose belly fat

Sounds like you are still confused.

There are no special foods to help with fat loss from any part of your body.

Set MFP for a reasonable goal based on your total amount you want to lose. Eat a variety of foods to achieve that calorie goal, focusing on getting enough protein to preserve lean body mass as you are losing. Log your food accurately and consistently. Exercise if you enjoy it, eating back a portion of those calories. Be patient.

That's it.
  • AAAmom2008
    AAAmom2008 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Possibly it's time to change up your whole routine altogether. I would love to lose just a couple of pounds from my belly! Lol ... so I really started focusing on my micronutrients a lot more than more. Also remember anytime you consume more calories than your body uses at one, the excess is stored as fat, regardless if it's chicken breast and salad, or cupcakes. That is the main reason for eating 4 -6 small meals a day. That encourages your body to use your fuel at a 100% and then start using fat that it previously stored!