Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• AllabouttheBones
    AllabouttheBones Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I forgot to take a pic of my bento today :( and I also didn't really like my bento today :( I think mostly it's because I out lettuce-d myself xD

In other news, my posher bento boxes are on their way! Huzzah!
  • Ginny218
    Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    la2ipvvgfjrl.jpg
    sorry a little blurry
    Tomatoes - Cherry Tomato, 31 g 6
    Marketside - Spring Mix Organic, 42 gram 10
    Fresh Finds - dried fruit mix, 1/8 cup 70
    Iceland - Frozen Diced Chicken, 27 g 35
    Athenos Traditional - Feta Cheese - Crumbled, 24 gram 60
    Ken's - Lite Strawberry Vinaigrette, 3.6 Tbsp 126
    total calories 318
  • Ginny218
    Options
    got me a smaller rice molds - triangle my stash is getting bigger - 4 glass dishes pryrex, 2 kinds silicone cups, about 15 different small metal cutters, 4 egg molds, big and small triangle rice makers, bunny and bear rice molds, different plastic picks , couple cutters for bread, i also have one of those cheese and ham cutters, food pens, 4 liquid holders, and a few throw away liquid containers. i need to start using more ... but it is fun.
    I still want a original bento box just to have one and some silicone dividers and maybe some eye and leaf picks.
  • Ginny218
    Options
    forgot rectangular silicone cups i want
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Ginny218 wrote: »
    got me a smaller rice molds - triangle my stash is getting bigger - 4 glass dishes pryrex, 2 kinds silicone cups, about 15 different small metal cutters, 4 egg molds, big and small triangle rice makers, bunny and bear rice molds, different plastic picks , couple cutters for bread, i also have one of those cheese and ham cutters, food pens, 4 liquid holders, and a few throw away liquid containers. i need to start using more ... but it is fun.
    I still want a original bento box just to have one and some silicone dividers and maybe some eye and leaf picks.

5hzczru4q3ex.jpg

Trust me, it only goes downhill from there! Even though I'm not currently bento-ing, I have amassed quite the collection :wink:
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Today's bento was pretty small, and sure enough, I've already started snacking :T Need to pack it a little fuller tomorrow! Shrimp, rice, mixed veggies, and edamame:
    m2sy5zw19rug.jpg
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    cbaj3r1s7j40.jpg
    Yayyyyy! My R2-Ben2 came today !!!! Plus some sauce containers
  • SpecialKitty7
    edited May 2016
    Options
    cbaj3r1s7j40.jpg

How cute! Now you need new egg shapers...
    bc9vmt8299v1.jpg

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    cbaj3r1s7j40.jpg

How cute! Now you need new egg shapers...
    bc9vmt8299v1.jpg

6fog9xb38g23.gif
  • PixieGoddess
    Options
    Those are all on my Amazon wish list now

Today's bento: chicken, Spanish rice with tomatoes, and mixed veggies in the big tier. Edamame and a cutie in the small tier.
    zaogj3997vkw.jpg
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Working at home all week + really late night last night = I forgot to pack my bento for today. :disappointed:
    Today's bento was pretty small, and sure enough, I've already started snacking :T Need to pack it a little fuller tomorrow! Shrimp, rice, mixed veggies, and edamame

This looks seriously delicious right now as I am STARVING and also reminds me that I need to buy shrimp this weekend. Nom nom nom.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Question! For those of you who use the silicone cupcake liners, how do you wash them? I've been hand washing but it gets old, and I got a mesh bag for the dishwasher, but I'm not sure if I packed them too tight in there because they didn't all come clean.
    In the picture is also my miso soup, fruit cup (I double checked, it's definitely pears this time :p ), some freeze dried strawberries and my breakfast (matcha & raspberry overnight oats made with coconut milk and chia seeds)[/img]
    Mmmhmm you know I looked at that pear cup good to make sure. :lol:

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Question! For those of you who use the silicone cupcake liners, how do you wash them? I've been hand washing but it gets old, and I got a mesh bag for the dishwasher, but I'm not sure if I packed them too tight in there because they didn't all come clean.
    In the picture is also my miso soup, fruit cup (I double checked, it's definitely pears this time :p ), some freeze dried strawberries and my breakfast (matcha & raspberry overnight oats made with coconut milk and chia seeds)[/img]

• SpecialKitty7
    Options
    Afura wrote: »

I just stuff them in the silverware tray in the dishwasher.
  • PixieGoddess
    Options
    Bento! Fajitas, Spanish rice, lima beans, and a salad (with dressing!!)
    7uhag48ze0t7.jpg
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Finally remembered to pack my bento AND get a picture! Woohoo!

z90k2nytnbec.jpg

Back left: crab meat (with ranch in the sauce containers), crackers to go with the Happy Farms cheese wedges
    Back right: Ramen with shrimp (or prawns)
    Middle: Greek yogurt with cinnamon and strawberries for breakfast (this was leftovers so already mixed and not as pretty)
    Front: Grapes and wedge cheeses. Oh, and almond Pocky-type snacks.

Probably won't eat all of this but packed it just in case I end up working really late. Kind of lacking in vegetables because I need to go buy some more, grocery shopping hasn't been happening lately.
  • PixieGoddess
    Options
    I've remembered to take pictures but not to post them :p

Tuesday's bento: Chinese leftovers (shrimp, veggies, rice) and blueberries
    xjw3q2qq9oe3.jpg

Wednesday's bento: shrimp, couscous, rice, lima beans, and a salad
    hfdsd30qn58o.jpg

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I've remembered to take pictures but not to post them :p

Same here. One day I'll remember to get the pictures off my android and just do a massive post. How dare work distract me from the bento thread....
  • Ginny218
    Options
    4lel6w522w3s.jpg
    Schmidt - Whole Grain 100% Whole Wheat Hot Dog Rolls, 1 roll 130
    Hamburger (80/20) - Ground Chuck, 3 oz 210
    Hunt's - Manwich, 0.25 cup 35
    Marketside - Spring Mix Organic, 49 gram 12
    Roma - Tomatoe Whole Raw Medium, 1 whole tomatoe raw 35
    Riverton Valley - Light Italian Dressing Correction, 2 Tbsp 15
    total calories 437
  • AllabouttheBones
    AllabouttheBones Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ox0kwib1kjku.jpeg
    Tomorrow's bento in my new bento box! Honey roast salmon flakes, giant cous cous and get salad, lettuce, rocket, tomatoes, cucumber, pepper and a babybel all for 466 calories