When did people notice your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I started at close to 250 lbs. I'm now just under 200 lbs. A coworker I see nearly every day just asked if I'd lost some weight. Others noticed fairly soon after I started my fit journey.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I started getting comments when I was down about 20lbs.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Went from 167 to 160 and coworkers noticed. I work with all women though. I have yet to notice or feel different in my clothes.
  • Shh_niqua
    Shh_niqua Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I started out at 245 (highest weight) and I'm 5'3. My husband noticed after the first 15-20 lbs and my family/friends/coworkers noticed after about 35 lbs then people who I see randomly (cashiers,banker,gas station attendant etc) noticed around 40-50 lbs that I was losing. For me it wasn't until after the first 50 lbs that I could SEE it, I could feel it before with how my clothes fit me etc but to actually look in a mirror and see a change it was atleast 50 lbs lost.
  • suzlee1995
    suzlee1995 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started at around 256... I'm now 228 and everyone is noticing:) from work to family to church! But obviously family members notice before anyone else does!! :):)
  • mou_254
    mou_254 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3.75'', and I started at 239lbs. I have lost 34 lbs so far. My boyfriend noticed the first 10lbs, and close friends noticed 25lbs. Many, many friends don't see a change at all, or they don't comment. I still wear most of my old clothes, but I have bought a few new ones and I get more comments when I wear those.
    As for me, I haven't noticed at all. Maybe in pictures, but never in front of the mirror. I am still surprised when I wear my old clothes and they are baggy. I don't know whether my brain will ever catch up. I have a long, long way to go, though.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I started at 260 and others noticed when I got to around 220. Personally, I still see the same me at 175, with good and bad days. I'm sure my brain will catch up! ;)
  • DorkyUnicorn
    DorkyUnicorn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My closer friends and family only started commenting after they knew I was trying to lose weight, so it's hard to know if they're comments/observations are truly genuine or not. For me noticing personally, I never seem to think I've lost anything until I try on a pair of pants or something I haven't in a while, and they're super loose.
  • 808MauiChick
    808MauiChick Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started at 220, now I'm about 160.
    I think people started noticing around 20 pounds down. But I got so addicted to the progress that I just kept going. Now 60lbs later...people totally see a difference. Lol!

But for me...I started seeing a difference about 20-30lbs. And my measurements started drastically changing around there.
  • stormyview
    stormyview Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I started similar weight to you but still haven't got any comments :'(
    I'd say 40# from my experience. I started at 240 and was getting some little comments about 20# down. I'm around 40 down now and a lot of people are commenting. It feels great, but there's definitely a line I've crossed where people are seeing me as a new person. I've also started noticing a lot all of a sudden.

Remember that not saying anything is not the same as not noticing. I dropped five clothing sizes, and only three people ever commented. I decided it's because I live in a very reserved place.
  • myfightforfitness
    myfightforfitness Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    stormyview wrote: »
    I started similar weight to you but still haven't got any comments :'(
    I'd say 40# from my experience. I started at 240 and was getting some little comments about 20# down. I'm around 40 down now and a lot of people are commenting. It feels great, but there's definitely a line I've crossed where people are seeing me as a new person. I've also started noticing a lot all of a sudden.

Remember that not saying anything is not the same as not noticing. I dropped five clothing sizes, and only three people ever commented. I decided it's because I live in a very reserved place.

Hmm true true thanks for that
  • myfightforfitness
    Options
    BumbleKlee wrote: »
    My closer friends and family only started commenting after they knew I was trying to lose weight, so it's hard to know if they're comments/observations are truly genuine or not. For me noticing personally, I never seem to think I've lost anything until I try on a pair of pants or something I haven't in a while, and they're super loose.

Wow I feel exactly the same! Don't know if my weight loss if genuinely noticeable, or if everyone's just trying to be supportive :\
  • Cathalicios
    Cathalicios Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Started at 266 pounds and have lost 31 pounds to date. The difference is not really noticeable to anyone else yet, but is to me as I feel much fitter and have a lot more energy than I did a couple of months ago.
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Started at 270. People's mouths dropped open at around 60 pounds.
  • myfightforfitness
    Options
    Well done!
  • loveloveit87
    loveloveit87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    my colleagues have noticed at 11lb partner cant see it yet! xx
  • FlakeyMusician
    FlakeyMusician Posts: 15 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm 6'4" started at 400lbs. I'm now at 292lbs with significant muscle gain. People started asking me around the 330 mark. Whoever didn't then, have definitely asked now.

Still see myself as 400 though, even with me buying new clothes, and actually seeing the results in the before/after pic I continue to take. One of the things that gets me angry is when people started nicknaming me "Skinny." I'm just under 300! no way that's skinny. Next person that calls me that will get an earful for sure...
  • Dove0804
    Dove0804 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It's so interesting that this is the first topic I've come upon when signing up for this website. I've been thinking about it a lot lately.

I am 5'5", female, and started at about 260 lbs (probably a little more, but I don't know the exact number so I tend to round). I've lost 51 lbs (now sitting at 209 lbs). My family started noticing probably at about 20-30 lbs lost or so. Otherwise, I haven't had much in the way of comments, even from close friends.

As a matter of fact, a few weeks ago I disclosed to a friend that I had lost quite a bit of weight (about 43 lbs at that point) and he flat-out said I looked exactly the same and didn't seem to believe me, though he did go on to say nice things. The 1-2 other friends I've mentioned it to also seemed to not really believe me. I don't blame them- *I* barely believe it. I know 51 lbs is an incredible number, but I'm more or less the same shape.

I was wearing a lot of the same clothes which may have been a contributing factor- it took me about 45 lbs to go down a dress size. It's so hard to stay motivated when you work so hard and don't seem to get any results. I personally notice some differences, but I don't see or feel any dramatic changes. Sometimes people will look at me a little funny and ask if I got a haircut or something, so maybe people are noticing something but just aren't sure yet.

I have recently started measuring myself, though, as kind of a more objective measure to go along with the lbs. I wish I had my starting measurements, but after already seeing inches go down it's kind of exciting. It's like "yes, I still have a big belly, but it's a 2" smaller belly than last time!"

I anticipate as I move below the 200's the changes will come much quicker and the comments will start rolling in.
    For the record, I don't really need (or even particularly want) a lot of comments, but it's an interesting gauge of what other people see vs. what I see.

I think it's one of the reasons it was so easy to get up to much higher weights in the first place- when you can fit in the same clothes and don't feel any different, it's hard to catch yourself.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and I've lost 20lbs since the beginning of the year. Today was the first day someone at work mentioned that I looked like I had lost some weight.