Options
    layak wrote: »
    pizza seems like empty caliries to me

And yet ... they fill me up. :)

• kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    layak wrote: »
    It's definitely CICO. I have lost 42lbs just calorie counting. I pay no attention to carbs, fat, etc. (I probably should start). No worries op you'll be just fine.

were you able to keep off the 45 lbs you lost from calorie counting?

Still in the weight loss process. 42 down, around 25 to go.

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    We usually order pizza from a local indie restaurant with no calorie information. I've actually taken a slice, broken it down into the different toppings and weighed it, so that I have a fairly accurate estimate. I refuse to give up pizza entirely, but it's a 'treat', once a month, maybe, not the staple that it used to be.
  • ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have pizza every week to two weeks. It's part of my regular diet :) I'm down over 40lbs since October. I just fit it in.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    We eat pizza once or twice a month. In that same vein, I would like to mention that I have McDonald's for breakfast every weekend. I do sometimes add 10% to published calorie info to be on the safe side, but a balanced diet means just that - a bit of "good" and "bad".
  • xRezin
    xRezin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We eat pizza once a week. Every Wednesday night is pizza night. We limit ourselves to two slices each, and we try to make healthier choices. Veggies, or Canadian bacon instead of pepperoni.
  • duckforceone
    duckforceone Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    most of my daily meals are above 500 calories, so 2 great slices of pizza sounds really delicious. And more than good enough.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I look at it this way- if the type of food calories come from us important for weight loss- there would be a lot more obese people. As an underweight girl i ate pizza and salad for dinner, ate icecream, chocolate etc. I ate a balenced diet and small treats and my weight remained stable.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Like most are saying, fit it in to you calories.
    We have opted for healthier eating and now are choosing veggie pizza. Load it up with our favorite veggies and honestly do not miss the meat. Papa Murphy's delite with veggies and light on the cheese. Personal choice, but go for everything and fit it in. This is something that has to be sustainable to have long term success. For me, all things in moderation, no food off limits. Works so far 2-1/2 years on maintenance, lost over 1/2 of my current body weight.
  • mom2wessarah
    mom2wessarah Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just peaked at your diary and I am seriously concerned, someone mentioned 800 calories but you didn't even have that for the day, another day was even lower, are you logging everything? You cannot sustain on that amount of calories. Please follow guidelines, they are there to keep you HEALTHY!!!

Why keep to 800 as a goal -- long story, in my head anyway:

This is my 4th time trying to lose the weight I lost and gained back. First was Weight Watchers (with my husband), which I loved. They taught me for the first time what a portion is. I even worked there; led classes once I became a lifetime member. However, getting a new job with unexpected travel made me quit WW. Slowly,I gained back.

Did a medically supervised 500 calorie a day diet. I found it worked well and I wasn't hungry. Gained the weight back.

Fast forward to a husband who's gained back, even done lap band surgery and gained back. I wanted to jump start my weight loss, then move back to a weight waters diet. However, Medifast worked so well for me, at around 1000 a day, I wasn't hungry and lost about 70 lbs in 8 months.

Kept that off for several years. The boredom in my job, unhappiness in my marriage, not moving and eating late at night, made me lose weight. I know it was totally my choice to eat badly and not move, I'm not making excuses, I knew what I was doing was wrong, but at the time didn't care. Found myself at the highest weight of my life, and that's even after having twins! My husband isn't any motivation, as he's overweight, doesn't like his job and uses that an an excuse to not move his body.

My 12 year old said, "mom you should go on a diet" so I took that to heart. I thought I'd go back to what "worked". Medifast as a jump start. I'm so afraid I will not lose weight and want to keep it to about 2 lbs per week, I'm doing Medifast. However, I get so busy during the day, sometimes I'm too busy to eat, thus the low count. At the end of the day I don't want too much either.

I know I need to eat better to maintain, or I'll be back in the same rut. Just need to convince myself of that and implement. I have made a good friend that loves the outdoors and we often walk or hike on the weekend. I'm doing it to make my body stronger, but a seven mile hike doesn't hurt for CICO.

So, thank you for all the comments about fitting the pizza into my lifestyle. I'm trying to take to heart the quote about needing to keep a "diet" you can live with and be happy with to maintain. I know I can't do it on such a low intake. I'm getting thee and all the support here is helping. Thanks to everyone for your comments.
  • charleycartee
    charleycartee Posts: 49 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I was very busy at work today and only had time for a small snack. With little food in the house, I got the kids Domino's for dinner. Starving, I had two pieces and figured I'd make up for it the rest of the week. Well, after looking up the nutrition info, turns out two pieces of what I had is 470 calories and 50 carbs (I know calories are most important for weight loss, but trying to keep carbs under 100 as well), which fits just fine into my daily amounts. I hope everyone is right about what’s most important is CICO!

Maybe they were small pizzas and only cheese? Because when I had 2 slices of pepperoni (xlg pizza) from papa johns at the scout work day last weekend, it was more like 700 calories. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/update_nutrition_facts/307458413

I'm not totally avoiding "junk food" and I'm down almost 30lbs over the last 2 months. I had fried chicken several times last week as a snack, for example (an old favorite place is closing down after being open more than 50 years).
  • mom2wessarah
    mom2wessarah Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was very busy at work today and only had time for a small snack. With little food in the house, I got the kids Domino's for dinner. Starving, I had two pieces and figured I'd make up for it the rest of the week. Well, after looking up the nutrition info, turns out two pieces of what I had is 470 calories and 50 carbs (I know calories are most important for weight loss, but trying to keep carbs under 100 as well), which fits just fine into my daily amounts. I hope everyone is right about what’s most important is CICO!

maybe they were really small and only cheese? Because when I had 2 slices of pepperoni (xlg pizza) from papa johns, it was more like 800 calories.

It was a medium, hand tossed Domino's with black olives and onions. 8 pieces in total, I had two. I would guess an xlg pizza has much bigger slices?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a couple of slices of pizza.... no food group needs to be cut out in order to lose weight, its all about calories in/out and being in deficit.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It is totally about CICO.
    How you get there is personal choice, but no matter what kind of diet, or what it is called, in order to lose weight you need to consume less calories than you are burning. You may be eating "special" food, or eliminating certain food groups, but it comes down to eating less calories than you are burning.
    There is no wrong or right way. For each of us, it is what will work for us as individuals for the long term.
    The difficult part is maintaining. If you go back to eating more calories than you are burning, you will gain back weight, and this happens to 80% of the people that lose weight, no matter how they lose.
    CICO is a simple concept, but never easy.