Options
124»

Replies

• Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    3 times a day. Chicken mainly.

It makes me a bit of a hypocrite because where I work, there are 4 chickens and when I walk past them first thing, I always say, "Morning, ladies!" and sometimes if I am bored, I play music to them on my phone.

Hahaha, this made me laugh. I have chickens so I totally get this.

OP, I have meat at almost every main meal and some of my snacks include meat. I'm maintaining a 130 lb. loss.
  • mistyh10
    mistyh10 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do because it's the easiest source of protein and it actually has helped my weight loss. I stick to fish, shrimp, chicken and turkey though. I stay away from beef and bacon most of the time (although they are delicious).
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    As I have been losing weight (now over 50lbs) I find that I am eating meat far, far more often. Definitely eat eggs for breakfast, but now often chicken thighs with a salad or grain for lunch and often beef, chicken, pork or fish for dinner.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I eat meat AT LEAST 2xs a day....usually 3. I have lost 75#.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Protein is very satiating. Yes, I eat meat at every meal and dairy at least once a day, and they make up most of my calories. Vegan is fine if you're doing it for ethical reasons but don't make the mistake of thinking it's healthier.
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yes, lean meat...every meal, everyday. I weigh it and usually dont eat more than 3 oz. A meal. I've lost 85 pounds. I do cardio and strength training most days too though.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »
    everyday - several times a day!

Yup!
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    weehah wrote: »
    Hi there!

I was never a vegetarian, but I hadn't been eating much meat for a while. Now that I'm counting calories, though, I find it an easy, measurable way to have protein. Does anyone here eat meat twice a day and still have weight loss success? I know, I know, it's calories in, calories out . . . but I'm still looking for feedback about whether it seems to slow down the weight loss process.

Thank you!

yep. often three times a day. 111 lbs so far:-)
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    weehah wrote: »
    Hi there!

I was never a vegetarian, but I hadn't been eating much meat for a while. Now that I'm counting calories, though, I find it an easy, measurable way to have protein. Does anyone here eat meat twice a day and still have weight loss success? I know, I know, it's calories in, calories out . . . but I'm still looking for feedback about whether it seems to slow down the weight loss process.

Thank you!
    It does not...

^^^ Agreed! ^^^

Eating more calories slows down the weight loss process.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Yes, often. I eat more meat than I did before I started losing weight. Not totally happy about that, but it certainly doesn't hurt weight loss.

+1. I was a lacto/ovo vegetarian and lost weight, then seemed to gain it all back and then some. Part of it was binging. I would binge on cheese, nuts, fruit, rice, bread and meat "replacements." Plus, my blood sugars became high. I started eating meat again (I'm not happy about that either!) and my blood sugars came down and so has my weight.

ETA: I attempted to follow the Fuhrman diet plan which is vegan, lots of vegetables and fruits, not much else (including flavor.) I was constantly binging and my blood sugars were never higher. I stopped binging as soon as I gave up the veganism. Veganism is definitely not for me! (It's really expensive too!)
  • Balaru
    Balaru Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    No. I have a lot of food allergies and for me eating a plant based diet makes me feel 100% better. I do eat meat when my son is home from college or if we go out to eat and there are no other options. Always feel ill afterwards. I'm not a sign toting vegetarian but I do believe that my body is happier and healthier when I stick to plant based.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Not every day, but four or five days per week. Mostly beef, some chicken, rarely pork.