1000 pound club

Options

Replies

• McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Meet director posted the results.

I finished 10/17 in my weight class (105kg) weighing in at 93.4kg/205.9 pounds. I had a meet total of 530kg/1168 pounds that counted with a (Wilkes) score of 332.26.

First place in my weight class finished with 712.5; 425.93.

Bottom place in my weight class finished with 445; 277.46.

Respectable.

@nakedraygun nice job! I know it's frustrating when you don't have the day at the gym you were expecting (bench), but at least you don't have to wait too terribly long to go at it again. I'm sure you'll get it this next time!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    cpw2109 wrote: »
    My PB lifts from last year - then I fell out of training and I'm a couple of months away from them...

Deadlift - 185kg
    Squat - 180kg
    Bench - 135kg

Total - 500kg = 1100lbs

I saw my weights go steadily up doing the 5/3/1 programme, then all of a sudden, my gym mojo went. I carried on eating the same amount and put on a heap of weight.

Now I'm struggling to find the time to lift, but it'll come back, I'm sure. And when it does, I'm going for more PBs at a lighter bodyweight. My deadlift really ought to be 250+kg, so that needs work. It would be nice to get a 3 plate (140kg) bench in there - I did attempt it, but it wasn't budging (yet the 135kg flew up - just wish I'd tried the 140kg first...)

Sounds like you have a lot to retool. Here's hoping for a comeback!
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I gotta stop coming back to this thread.

At least until after April 2nd. Oh, who am I kidding? I'll screw something up at the meet.

When is your meet @TR0berts ?

New England Revolution 2016 - April 2nd. Hoping to finally crack the 1000 lb barrier. Hopefully my injuries late last year don't screw things up too badly. Was on track - we'll see.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    rlpomeroy wrote: »
    I was a competitive powerlifter in a former life...lol 30 years ago. Back then, with my bodyweight at 270, I had a 425 bench, 625 squat, and a 650 deadlift. I'm just getting back to the gym now and mostly trying to drop some weight, but I will probably start some lifting again. Not likely that I'll ever get back to competing though.

Those are some lifetime numbers to be proud of. At this stage in my life I highly doubt I will ever come that close. How long of a break from the gym?
    McCloud33 wrote: »

I finished 10/17 in my weight class (105kg) weighing in at 93.4kg/205.9 pounds. I had a meet total of 530kg/1168 pounds that counted with a (Wilkes) score of 332.26.

Respectable.

@nakedraygun nice job! I know it's frustrating when you don't have the day at the gym you were expecting (bench), but at least you don't have to wait too terribly long to go at it again. I'm sure you'll get it this next time!
    For me its having successful lifts, even if they are not the numbers I expect. I like to do well because all that training seems for naught (although it isn't really).

My next meet is in three weeks @McCloud33 . I am going to scale my bench back to lighter attempts but push on my squat a deadlift a little more.
    My PB lifts from last year - then I fell out of training and I'm a couple of months away from them...

Deadlift - 185kg
    Squat - 180kg
    Bench - 135kg

Total - 500kg = 1100lbs

I saw my weights go steadily up doing the 5/3/1 programme, then all of a sudden, my gym mojo went. I carried on eating the same amount and put on a heap of weight.

Now I'm struggling to find the time to lift, but it'll come back, I'm sure. And when it does, I'm going for more PBs at a lighter bodyweight. My deadlift really ought to be 250+kg, so that needs work. It would be nice to get a 3 plate (140kg) bench in there - I did attempt it, but it wasn't budging (yet the 135kg flew up - just wish I'd tried the 140kg first...)

At least until after April 2nd. Oh, who am I kidding? I'll screw something up at the meet.

New England Revolution 2016 - April 2nd. Hoping to finally crack the 1000 lb barrier. Hopefully my injuries late last year don't screw things up too badly. Was on track - we'll see.

Good luck to you @TR0berts ! Tell us how you did too!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,036 Member
    Options
    Back in the summer before I hurt my shoulder, my 3-lift numbers were pushing 1200 (1185). Then I hurt my shoulder, fortunately didn't need surgery but took a month off from lifting at all, and just as I was getting back into rehab lifting my work schedule went bonkers and chopped my lifting time to pieces. Long story short, I just started lifting regularly again a week ago, and my 3-lift total has dropped to only 855. Got some ground to recover, though I doubt I'll ever be benching 285 again like I did before. But since my deadlift was always my weakest lift, I still have room to grow and maybe hit 1200 anyway.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Is the club a lifetime one time membership or do we have to keep our lifts over 1000? ;)

I took a month off due to a job change and a move and just went into the gym the other day and am way down.

Squat 300 3x5
    Bench 250 1x3
    Dead 405x1 and 410x1

960 total 1035 rep max

Previous
    Squat 375x2
    Bench 300x1
    Dead 460x4

1135 total 1220 rep max

Raw numbers I am down 175 to 185 lbs. :'(

It blows me away at the difference in only a month. New gym, new bar, different hours, time off adds up.

More incentive to get my gym unpacked. :)

• Iron_BamBam
    Iron_BamBam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im on 1012 but want to up it so can do at least 2500. My bench is 264lbs, deadlift is 396lbs and squat is 352lbs. But this year could be the year.
    Options
    Im on 1012 but want to up it so can do at least 2500. My bench is 264lbs, deadlift is 396lbs and squat is 352lbs. But this year could be the year.
    2,500? I hope that's a typo.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    2,500? I hope that's a typo.

2500? Weak, might as well shoot for 3k or nothing.

6a00e5520f45538833017c38825ea1970b-800wi
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Lol. Took me about a year to add 200 pounds to my total.

• thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I would also like to see my total reach 2,500 this year. *Cough*
  • ovidnine
    ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
    Options

If I can add 200 this year (which I think is doable for me) I'll be firmly in the club. Until then, I lurk....
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

That's really good. All last year I added ummm, 60lbs to my total. 200 would be crazy.
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »

That's really good. All last year I added ummm, 60lbs to my total. 200 would be crazy.
    Partly newbie gains. It will be much more of a slog this year. If can add around 75-100 (not much will be added to my bench) I will be overjoyed. Now if I can also perform all these new gains on the platform, I'll be ecstatic.
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Finally broke the 400 mark on my squat. Did 405x3 today.

Squat 405x3
    Deadlift 445x6
    Bench 300x1

Total = 1150.

So close to 1200 I can feel it. I think I have more in my squat and know I have more in my deadlift. My bench is my weak lift.

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to hit 1000lbs sometime this year. I've only been lifting serious for just over a year now. Started out working towards mostly ascetics but realized Id love to be strong as well.

Currently at 860 at 172lbs around 11% body fat
    Deadlift(conventional) 385
    Squat(lowbar) 275
    Bench 200
    Been struggling with bench and squat lately, especially now so that I'm cutting down body fat.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I'm 5lbs off from 1000 right now.

315 squat
    385 deadlift
    295 bench
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous of you boys' bench press. I've benched 170x3 in training, but competition bench makes me crazy. I get all up in my head. Last comp numbers:

310lb squat
    160lb bench
    350lb dead
    820 total

I'm hoping to break 900lbs this September. Not bad for a 41yr old mom, I think.
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Battling through injuries, but my latests are...
    • 413 Squat (platform PR).
    • 315 Bench (not paused).
    • 525 Deadlift.
    • TOTAL: 1,253 lbs.

Also a 315 lb front squat.

Haven't tested in awhile, but in four weeks I'll test to see where I am at in prep for a meet 4 weeks later - hoping to up all those totals.
    • ovidnine
      ovidnine Posts: 314 Member
      Options
      ovidnine wrote: »

If I can add 200 this year (which I think is doable for me) I'll be firmly in the club. Until then, I lurk....

I apparently was completely high or something when I said this. More like 20. >.<

Great work to those kicking butt!
    • TR0berts
      TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
      Options
      rlpomeroy wrote: »
      I was a competitive powerlifter in a former life...lol 30 years ago. Back then, with my bodyweight at 270, I had a 425 bench, 625 squat, and a 650 deadlift. I'm just getting back to the gym now and mostly trying to drop some weight, but I will probably start some lifting again. Not likely that I'll ever get back to competing though.

Those are some lifetime numbers to be proud of. At this stage in my life I highly doubt I will ever come that close. How long of a break from the gym?
      McCloud33 wrote: »

Respectable.

For me its having successful lifts, even if they are not the numbers I expect. I like to do well because all that training seems for naught (although it isn't really).

My next meet is in three weeks @McCloud33 . I am going to scale my bench back to lighter attempts but push on my squat a deadlift a little more.

Deadlift - 185kg
      Squat - 180kg
      Bench - 135kg

Total - 500kg = 1100lbs

Good luck to you @TR0berts ! Tell us how you did too!

I have no idea what the hell happened with my squat. I had been doing 345 for sets of 5. 325 was a *kitten*. 350 didn't happen. Wha??? 345 for sets of 5, but no-go on 350?

My bench went up - it still sucks, but up is good - and I hit 240 with 5-10 in the tank.

Dead - where I really f'ed up my back last year - was back to where it was @ 410. Not great, but at least it hasn't actually gone down. Setup on 435 was weird, but once you put your hand on the bar, you have to go. Yeah, I pretty much knew it wasn't happening, although I think I could have gotten it had I not lost focus during setup.

Had I not hosed my squat, or was able to pull my last dead, I'd have hit 1000 - only 975. MF. I'm really tempted to - the week before I go on vacation end of July, to just go into the gym and test maxes.