Anxiety after wrong dye in box is really effecting me, all fitness motivation lost

Options

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for advice on how others cope with these things not a slating.

How do I cope with a bad dye job?.......I complain about it daily and piss my friends/husband off, because they are annoyed with my complaining.

Then when I have the time (in your case, money), I go get it fixed.

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that you are 25 years old. Yes, I checked your profile...because I just had to know how old you are.

When I was younger than you, I learned to distinguish between REAL issues and silly stuff. This helps with learning how to cope with tough things (and silly things that don't go our way) in real life.

I'm just really blown away. And I work with the most self-absorbed age group (teenagers) of people daily.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    As an electrical engineer, I'm still stuck on how - exactly - OP was shocked by her freezer. Was the plug not plugged in all the way, and you accidentally touched the conductor(s)? If not, you got a new freezer, right?
  • rebekahstrachan3
    rebekahstrachan3 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I tried to remove the plug to pull it out but the casing was cracked. I got a new one.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Things are going to come up in life that we can't control. But...the one thing we can control is what we eat and how much. You got shocked and a bad hair job. It could be SO much worse!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Ok, that makes perfect sense. It sounded earlier like when you dropped the peas, you picked the peas up and got shocked.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Wow!!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    The majority of people I know have had some sort of hair snafu--wrong color hair dye, bad hair cut, overly tweezed eyebrows, etc. It's such a common thing. If you are truly having anxiety due to it, your best bet is to seek counseling rather than post an online video about it. I understand that it sucks to not have the hair look you want but that's the risk you take when you color your hair.

And I understand that the shock was scary and hurt but...you survived. And with very little damage. That's something to be thankful for.

If you're intent on marinating in the drama of both of these incidents, I suggest soaking up the fact that they are relatively minor in the grand scheme of life. You're young. You're going to face challenges much harder than this in the coming years. Resiliency is mandated if you want to be happy long term. Work on developing that trait.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    When I had a bad day, I did cardio. Something about the endorphins release....and when I could not get a cardio in, I listened to jammin' music. Both these got it out of my system.
    With age comes wisdom, now there are no bad days. Just different ways of coping with life's annoyances....and lots of Faith.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    When I have bad couple of weeks, and it feels like everything is going wrong, I force myself to hit the gym harder. After a particularly rough (exhausting) session I'll take a long shower, remind myself how fortunate I am for all of the things that do work properly and I feel so much better. I know that sounds like terrible advice when you are still feeling discouraged, but truly sometimes you just need a good kick in the butt (and perhaps an endorphin release) to get back on track. Best of luck :smiley:
  • 737jac737
    737jac737 Posts: 54 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    #1 The only way to recover faster from the electric shock is to give your body healthy food and rest. #2 Ponytails and hats till you have the $$ to fix your hair.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You are alive. You have hair. Your condition will improve over time.
    Maybe start focusing on all the positives and things you can do instead of focusing on the negatives right now. This is advice from books I have read about dealing with anxiety. They say to practice this because it is hard to feel better when you focus your attention on the negatives.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    In the grand scheme of life - its really not that big of a deal. There's war all over the middle east and people losing their lives. There's starving children and disease . so try to put things into perspective here yes a bad dye stinks and getting zapped by a freezer stinks but its certainly not a disaster. Last week a friend lost her home, it was foreclosed on. The same week she lost her husband in Afghanistan. That's a disaster , a bad hair dye not so much.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Electrocuted? This is some next level forum activity...gahhlee!!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    luckynky wrote: »
    If you have BPD, you need additional management tools than the average person without BPD or other emotional disorders would use. So, asking the average person how to handle something that you're upset about isn't going to get you the advice and tools you need to deal with it. Actually, it isn't the events themselves that you need to deal with, it's your emotional reaction to those events. The events are more or less in the past, it seems. Yet, you seem to be stuck on them, still, which prevents you from moving forward, emotionally and practically. How do YOU get unstuck from unfortunate events so that you can begin to move on? That is the real question. Telling you how I get unstuck isn't what you want to hear.

Agreed. And if you are in school and money is an issue, perhaps look into mental health and other resources available to students. They will have something available. And if you're already receiving treatment, you should speaking about how to cope with issues like these with them.

It's life. Things are going to go wrong, so learning common coping mechanisms are going to be needed throughout your life.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I have mental health issues but you have to put things in perspective. I lost a lot (very noticeable) of my hair recently from chemo(not for cancer) and severe anaemia. Yes I try to hid it but I soon got over it and continued on with my life. It's not the worse thing that could happen.
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    None of us are in any position to judge this young lady. She feels justified in saying how she feels here, that's here right.

All I am going to say is that I hope you start feeling better about things.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I had to look up BPD. Is evaluating the relative risk of events part of the disorder?

Tomorrow you will have to get up, decide what to eat and go on from there. It may seem like bad events are piling up but it just seems like that....for the rest of your life.

Regardless of the events in the past week you still have to get up tomorrow, decide what to eat and what to do from there.

I am glad you survived the electrocution.