Replies

• alpepp
    alpepp Posts: 55 Member
    I'm 5'1".

HW: 211
    SW: 207 (4-4-11)
    CW: 189 (6-23-11)
    GW: 125 (Hopefully by 4-4-12)

The lowest I remember my scale going in high school was 125 and the smallest clothing item I ever bought was a size 6 American Eagle skirt. However, I was still flabby and not at all fit. I'm hoping that 125 looks a LOT different this time around with the amount of weight training and running I am doing now!

Still hoping for that size 6!
  • Reverie09
    Reverie09 Posts: 48 Member
    I'm 5'1 and my goal weight is 120. Back when I was 120 I thought I was fat, but now I look at pics when I was that weight and I think I looked good.
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    I'm 5' and my goal is 105 - 110
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    I'm 5'1 and my goal weight is 120. Back when I was 120 I thought I was fat, but now I look at pics when I was that weight and I think I looked good.

lol don't we all do that! Then you want to talk to your former self and say "Geeez, girl. Your are so not fat, you look great, trust me!" haha
  • ar1356
    ar1356 Posts: 32 Member
    My goal is 110. I want to be actress skinny though, haha. If you want more curvy I think 115-120 is great.
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    I'm 5'1 and I started out at 208 so 130 (justtt withing the healthy weight range for our height) was always my goal. I'm at 169.6 right now and I'm starting to think that maybe I want something closer to 110. It feels achievable now, whereas it didn't when I was so big.
  • RokMomma79
    RokMomma79 Posts: 21 Member
    Hello lovely little ladies :)

I am 5'0 and my lowest has been 112, my highest 161 and my current is 146. I am aiming to be back down in the 115-120 range since that is where I'll have to be for most of my "skinny" clothes to fit again!
  • evelyn602
    evelyn602 Posts: 43 Member
    same! my goal is 115 I am 118 so 3 pounds away! Can't wait!
  • Kidney4710
    Kidney4710 Posts: 1 Member
    sheesh all you shorties want really low weights.. I'm only 5'0 and weigh 160.9. My goal was 130 but seeing what you guys are doing has me re-thinking this lol..
  • I'm 5'2 almost 40 year old
    My goal is 130ish
    but would be happy to get my *kitten* out of the 200's !!!!!
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    I am 25 years old, 5'2" and I would like to be 105. I was 105 most of my life. I am currently 139. When I started this, I was 152. :D I want to fit back into my size 2 jeans!!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    I'm 5'2", 21 years old and my goal weight is 120. I picked it because it's right in the middle of the healthy BMI range. I have no idea what I'll look like because I've never been there before. My goals my change when the time comes.

You have to be careful of the bmi chart!! I'm 5'7", and at 185lbs I'm borderline obese lol. If you look at my pictures, you'll certainly see that I am SO not borderline obese. I'm also not a body builder...I just have a heavy bone structure and am slightly muscular.
    I'm between 5' and 5'1" and my goal is 110 for now, ultimately about 105. Is it hard for anyone else or is it just me? I've been losing and gaining the same 2lbs for the last 3 months, and it doesnt want to go lower than 115lbs... :grumble:

Me too hun...six weeks I was between 189 and 192...it SUCKS. Heavy zig zagging (as little as 1300-1500cal for a couple days, then over 2000cal on the third) while taking two full weeks off of eating clean and exercising seems to have done a huge number on me. I'm down to 183.8lbs in two weeks. Time to get back on it and start eating clean and working out again lol. I don't want to lose muscle tone and my energy levels have certainly gone down with the crap food.
    I'm just over 5feet tall and at my heaviest was 145.
    My current weight is 113.

My goal weight is 108, but I'd be happy with just seeing a body fat reduction at this point. Not so worried about the scale number much these days.

THIS is the healthy way to look at it. I set my goal weight at 180 initially...and now that I'm nearly there, I know I'll need to lose a few more pounds to get the midsection I want. That comes down to body fat % though...I just use the scale and my tape measure to gauge my progress...and to hold a goal up in front of me =D.

Cris
  • My weight goal ideally would be 125. I want to be at or under a 25 B.M. I. When I started dieting I was almost 180 pounds. I have 20 pounds to lose.
  • CamayB
    CamayB Posts: 14 Member
    I am 23.. 5'2" and I would love to be 125-130. This was my happiest weight.. even being smaller before i had my son I still had curves... I have big hips. butt and boobs :) Which I love! So I would like to weight 125 and still have my curves!
  • nikki722
    nikki722 Posts: 11 Member
    I'm 5'1" and my goal weight is 112. Right now i'm between 115-116, so i'm almost there, but i would really like to tone up a lot more.
  • If I were 6'2, I would be too skinny. Bottom line, be happy as long as you feel comfortable in your own skin. I have gone from 93 pound to 180 pounds in 20 years (and I can't even blame it on having children -- LOL). Losing weight is not just about reaching a number. It's about feeling confident and being happy how you look. That means working hard and never giving up. I hate saying this line, but it is true...it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change.
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    I'm 5'! I came to MFP at 115lbs, looking to get to 100lbs (I weighed that much back in high school). I got to my goal but I still wasn't happy with how I looked! I did begin maintaining along with strength training. I've gone from some core work, pilates, calisthenics stuff to lifting heavy weights. I now usually weigh in around 103-105 but I'm way happier with the way I look now! Sometimes I still feel a twinge of guilt that I "gained" 5lbs back but who cares if I actually feel sexy and in-shape!!

I found that what helped me a lot while I was losing was zig-zagging my calories. I worked out 3-5 times a week (usually just cardio) and only ate back some of my exercise calories. I was also really good about resisting unhealthy food while I was losing (things like sweets, chips, etc.). Not sure if any of the things that helped me will help anyone else! :) Oh, and if you are close to your goal, or at goal and not happy with what you see and still wanting to "tone up", try a strength training program!! :D
  • Cheryoze
    Cheryoze Posts: 11 Member
    I'm 5'1 3/4", I like to say 5'2" with my shoes on. My goal weight is 120-125. I'm not going to narrow it down too specific because I'd be hopping on the scales daily and freaking out if I gained a pound or two. I know my body and it's normal for me to fluctuate. My top weight a few years ago was 186 (when I stopped weighing myself). I am currently 135 and at a plateau...Ugh. With my son's upcoming wedding and a cruise of my own on the horizon I really have to get these last 10-15 lbs off!!!!
  • sunnycam
    sunnycam Posts: 71 Member
    I am 5'0" and got done to my lowest weight of 103 lbs back in Februrary ...I knew that keeping it off would be the hardest part! Summer events with lots of good food are very challenging for me, so I find myself yo-yoing up and down the same 5 lbs, which is very frustrating! I feel like the yo-yo ing weight is kinda messing up my metabolism, so I'm trying to figure out how best to rest it so my weight doesn't fluctuate so much.

I work with a Pilates trainer twice a week plus 1 day at home. This has really given me alot of muscle definition and strengthened my core. The workout is at a pace which does get my heart rate up, but I do also try to squeeze in cardio when I can...

I really do think I look my best at 103 lbs, so I definitely want to stay consistently at the lower range...105 lbs holding steady would be the ideal weight for me.
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    I'm 5'1 and I'm 115, used to be 105 last year and I loved it but piled it on this year due to depression and emotional eating. Trying to get it under control, restarting over today!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!