Top 3 things that ruin your eating and exercise routine?

Options
We all have our vices. Most of us probably have the same ones, let's see what they are. Wether they be food, family or feelings.

1. I can't have pickles in my house. I will eat the whole jar in one sitting. No calories, but oh man the sodium!

2. My husband. God bless him, I still can't work out infront of him. I have to do my 30 day shred when he's at work. Otherwise I feel like I'm being judged.

3. Oreos!!! Back in the day... When I used to have "munchies" this was my downfall. Don't do that anymore, but I can still put away quite a few and a tall glass of milk to go with.

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    1. TOM
    2. Stress
    3. Beer
  • nebraskadan
    Options
    Beer.

Beer.

Beer.
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    1) Not packing my lunch - we have a mall style food court in my building at work, I always eat too much
    2) Not working out right away in the morning - If I don't do it first thing, it usually doesn't get done
    3) Alcohol - I love to go and drink with my friends, but the calories do add up!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    kids doing a flipping sponsored swim in an adult only session!
    Yes I'm mad, my exercise which I try bloody hard to keep at has been interrupted by kids!

The rest is wine and steak!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    1) Goldfish crackers

2) Potato chips

3) Working full time and going to school full time.
  • sweetseraph7
    Options
    1. Stress
    2. Chicken Patties
    3. Bordem
  • Shua456
    Shua456 Posts: 211
    Options
    The candy bowl on my co-workers desk - it's just so tempting

ice cream - I love the stuff, especially this tiime of year

stress - when I get stressed out I turn to food.
  • beach_chelle
    beach_chelle Posts: 221
    Options
    1. My husband when he wants to eat out, he always wants to make it a three course meal!

2. Not being able to stay on my schedual

3. Coke, I love it. I know it is terrible, I know I should give it up, but I just can't bringing myself to do it. I can limit myself, but I just am not ready to give it up. ( I mean the soda fyi, :laugh: )
  • omgsayalathieo
    Options
    I know what you mean about working out in front your husband, as my much as I love my guy I can not workout when his around... I just feel odd

The fact that I can be a complete lazy *kitten*

and last but not least TOM
  • lizconnor0823
    Options
    1. Stress!

2. Beer.

3. Carbs. (Perfect meal for me would be mashed potatoes, bread, noodles and rice!)
  • bka8
    bka8 Posts: 92
    Options
    1) Stress (even though working out can make you feel better after a bad day at work, sometimes you're just beat)
    2) House/garden chores (yeah, I dont count these as burning calories, and sometimes doing these things tire me out)
    3) ICE CREAM (seriously, who can resist it in the summer??)
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    1. Lunch meetings
    2. Cookies
    3. Family events
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    1) working at a restaurant - too much ice cream that i can't resist
    2) family's eating habits, although they try to support me the best they can
    3) alcohol! especially in the summertime
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, chocolate, and potato chips. They are evil.
  • skinnyminimoni
    Options
    My mum having junk food in the house--GRR!

Alabama heat...it's always too hot to take the puppy for a walk, no matter what time it is

Lack of willpower (lol)
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    - Lack of sleep. I always want to eat a ton of empty carbs when I don't get enough sleep.

- Unrealistic expectations

- Friends changing plans last minute
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    1. Stress
    2. Chocolate/Cheez Its - come on, they're equally bad!(once I get a little taste, I can't stop thinking about it!)
    3. Wine
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    1-SUMMER
    2-TOM
    3-STRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    1. long hours at work
    2. pretzel crisps/ pop chips/ any other carby crappy snack you can't stop eating till the bag is done
    3. my manager bringing in bags of peanut m&ms, pretzels, twizzlers for the team....you just find yourself reaching for it all day long b/c of sheer boredom
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    1. Stress
    2. Eating out
    3. The weekend