Cauliflower Doughnut thread

mweckler
mweckler Posts: 623 Member
What happened to the cauliflower doughnut thread it say I do not have permission to do that when I go to look at the comments.

Replies

• mweckler
    It was and now I can not look at it. I am not sure if it got closed down, or what happened to it.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    edited May 2016
    nm
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    mweckler wrote: »
    It was and now I can not look at it. I am not sure if it got closed down, or what happened to it.

I had the same thing happen.. right in the middle of quoting you @mweckler and giving you mad props for your post :)
  • mweckler
    As a chef I can not sit by and watch people destroy food. I understand wanting to be healthy and make good choices and that is great. I was the author of my own demise after I learned pastries from an amazing chef, I was able to create all these things whenever I wanted. I have Binge Eating Disorder and my go to food was sweets so I self-sabotaged, but once I got myself treatment for the eating disorder, I realized that I can still have the pastries, and sweets I love but just use moderation. I think if someone wants a kale, kelp, cauliflower, sadness bowl then they can have it, we just need to come up with a name for it. I need to come up with a name for the fake sweets people are trying to make with mashed potatoes, and kale, and cauliflower so my blood pressure can go back down to a safe level lol.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Exactly. I mean I make the occasional cauliflower "pizza" but I consider it another alternative way to eat some extra veggies - it in no way substitutes for a real pizza other than a similarity in appearance (base, sauce, cheese, toppings)... and I don't always plan ahead enough to make a proper yeast crust.

I love doughnuts, but have not had one in eons mostly because when I do finally spend the calories on it, it better be a good doughnut - not some sad grocery store baking section thing... and certainly not a cauliflower based one.

The other night I was out with friends and had some calories left, so I opted to order a cookie sundae, split it with the others and have a little treat. It sucked. I only had two bites and then left it.. it wasn't good enough to blow the calories on.

Here's to wonderful treats - in moderation.
  • DeviatedNorm
    DeviatedNorm Posts: 422 Member
    It was closed down. People got pretty heated, throwing insults back and forth about whether people should just eat a normal donut or not.
  • actualbettycrocker
    actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
    I genuinely want to know what was in that doughnut. I'm a pastry cook and the thought of a cauliflower doughnut horrifies me.
  • actualbettycrocker
    jenovatrix wrote: »
    I genuinely want to know what was in that doughnut. I'm a pastry cook and the thought of a cauliflower doughnut horrifies me.

From what I recall it was cauliflower, peanut butter powder, protein powder, sugar-free jam and other assorted crap. She said it tasted good fwiw but I'd rather have a peanut butter sandwich than go through all that rigamarole.

WHAT.

Wow alright I think this might actually keep me awake in thought all night tonight :o
  • mweckler

Cauliflower, vanilla protein powder, sugar free jam, powdered peanut butter, some other things, you mush it all together and put it in a "doughnut pan"??? and bake it. At least I am not the only culinarian who was horrified at the thought of the sadness doughnut.
  • actualbettycrocker

Cauliflower, vanilla protein powder, sugar free jam, powdered peanut butter, some other things, you mush it all together and put it in a "doughnut pan"??? and bake it. At least I am not the only culinarian who was horrified at the thought of the sadness doughnut.

That's....that's not a doughnut like at all. You can't just put something in a cake doughnut pan and it's a doughnut. :|
  • actualbettycrocker
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    As a chef I can not sit by and watch people destroy food. I understand wanting to be healthy and make good choices and that is great. I was the author of my own demise after I learned pastries from an amazing chef, I was able to create all these things whenever I wanted. I have Binge Eating Disorder and my go to food was sweets so I self-sabotaged, but once I got myself treatment for the eating disorder, I realized that I can still have the pastries, and sweets I love but just use moderation. I think if someone wants a kale, kelp, cauliflower, sadness bowl then they can have it, we just need to come up with a name for it. I need to come up with a name for the fake sweets people are trying to make with mashed potatoes, and kale, and cauliflower so my blood pressure can go back down to a safe level lol.

I regularly make a "Cauliflower Pizza" for my wife and her sisters. It has caramelized red onions and sauteed mushrooms on it. They love it. So do I. I intend to go to Culinary school in a couple years after I retire. Hope I don't turn into a judgmental food snob.

You're gonna have at least five people in your class that think they need to put truffle oil on everything don't let them do it.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    I tried googling 'cauliflower donuts' to see if I could find her exact recipe and I failed. However, I'll share this 'donut' recipe with y'all because even though I don't like eggs it sounds like it would be pretty tasty!

Cauliflower Rosemary Egg 'Donuts'
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    TheRoadDog wrote: »

I regularly make a "Cauliflower Pizza" for my wife and her sisters. It has caramelized red onions and sauteed mushrooms on it. They love it. So do I. I intend to go to Culinary school in a couple years after I retire. Hope I don't turn into a judgmental food snob.

You're gonna have at least five people in your class that think they need to put truffle oil on everything don't let them do it.

I love to cook. Do all the cooking in my home. Always wanted to go to Culinary School, but sometimes life has other plans. Now, I am getting ready to retire and my wife and I are moving to Las Vegas, so I can finally go to Culinary School. Can't wait. I'm sure I'll meet all kinds of people with all kinds of opinions. Never had truffle oil. Looking forward to learning all kinds of new things.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    edited May 2016
    "Which leaves the question out there.....what would one sew with cauliflower doughnut thread?"

Outfit for this guy.

udix0wxpjjh5.jpg