I've hit my short term goal! What are yours?

Options

Replies

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I've knocked down a lot of little goals and a couple of bigger ones.

Weight wise my head is stuck on a bigger goal right now...25% body fat or 140 pounds...the 140 is a guess because determining body fat without spending money is pretty iffy.

I wanted to get into size 8 jeans by mid-June. Um...wearing a pair now...so...

And I want to improve my rowing times which are still pitiful. I've only managed to cut 10 - 15 seconds from my 2K time. :/ Watching form videos to try and figure that out...
  • TashiBlue
    TashiBlue Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have only just started this past week but here are some of my goals in no particular order. I have also not given a date to any of them, this is a journey and if it takes years so be it at least I am heading in the correct direction now.

* Track each day
    * Lose 52lbs then evaluate/lose another 20lbs
    * Start running again
    * Never again fit in my Bridesmaid dress
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    First major goal: get my weight under 200 lbs (which happened earlier this month!)
    Next small goal: jog/run for a mile without stopping to walk
    Daily goal now that I have a FitBit: get 12,000 steps every weekday, 15,000 steps on the weekends
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    First major goal: get my weight under 200 lbs (which happened earlier this month!)
    Next small goal: jog/run for a mile without stopping to walk
    Daily goal now that I have a FitBit: get 12,000 steps every weekday, 15,000 steps on the weekends
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My next goal is to carve time off my 5k!
  • kareeRose
    kareeRose Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to get to 180, I haven't been that weight in over 3 years. My last weigh in was 196, I started 3 weeks ago at I think 202 (I didn't have a scale the first week I started). My ultimate goal is to get to 125-30 hopefully by this time next year :)
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My major goal for now is to complete my first marathon next month.

I'm also trying to lose the last 5 pounds but finding that contradictory to marathon training, so I'll re-focus on that once the race is over.
  • kristysaurus
    kristysaurus Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So many goals!
    I would like to lose 64lbs at least this year.
    Deadlift 250lb, squat 175. I'm really close to both but not quite there yet.
    Do a complete unmodified pushup (chest all the way to the ground and up again)
    Run 1km without stopping
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    135 pound bench press and the ability to do more than one pull-up!
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Reach and maintain "optimal race weight" - reach completed, now to maintain!
    PR on Half marathon - coming up on 5/28!
    PR on Full marathon - in September
    Recover from marathon without regaining.
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be 159 by June 14 (I'm currently 163). Then 155 by July 20. Then 145 by Oct 13. Then 140 by end of the year. This is a super slow goal for me, but I lose slowly. Sometimes I want to be more aggressive but whenever I do that, I fail. So I'm trying this new slow approach.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Was to hit 122lbs before my vacation, but I crushed that and hit 120 with 1.5 days to go. I may even hit 119? Not sure, but signs are pointing to probably. This is the bottom of my maintenance range and it is my full intention to gain a few lbs back on this trip. Also will start lifting the week after next...I have serious cardio bod problemz. :neutral:
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My short-term goal is to get 7.4 lb off in 22 days. That's possible with my average daily loss, but not possible with any excursions from plan.

That would put me at or below 220 for my birthday.
  • diwijo13
    diwijo13 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    deanne525 wrote: »
    my goal is to get under 200lbs by my daughter's high school graduation 6/25

I started at 230 in january
    currently weigh 206

199 is sooooo close!!! I haven't weighed under 200 since my daughter (who is graduating)...was a baby...so 18 years ago! I am going to be beyond happy!

That is my goal too!! I started at 244 on January 15. I'm now 208.6. My son's graduation is 6/17 and I wanted to be 199 lbs by then. I probably won't reach my goal, but I should be close.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Well my goal was to just get to 115 without stopping. But I'm 80 pounds down now, 128, and thinking if I want to just do maintenance and recomp for a while.
  • Zella_11
    Zella_11 Posts: 161 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I love this thread! Have many goals right now--one of my goals is to be able to kick as$ in an advanced vinyasa yoga class at the studio I joined recently--I've completed five yoga classes so far--hoping to rock that vinyasa flow business by September 1st! Also, my mini goal is to lose five lbs at a time--if I focus on my long-term weight loss goal, I get overwhelmed, so I just take it five at a time. B)
  • loseitgirl13
    loseitgirl13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I restarted my mfp journey on 3/21/2016 and my first goal was to lose 10 pounds (132 to 122) which I accomplished on 5/12! My next goal is to weigh 115lbs by the end of June and my ultimate goal is to weigh 105-110 before college starts.