Your most intense pain ever?

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Jumped off a cliff into water (because everyone else was) at age 16. I went down so quickly that the water pressure ruptured my eardrum and forced water onto inner ear. I developed an ear infection so excruciating that I cried unknowingly IN MY SLEEP. It was even worse than the pain I had when I was pushed forward ice skating and landed face first on my front tooth. The pain was horrible. The tooth nerve died, and the tooth turned gray inside. I had to have that tooth until I got a crown at age 19.
  • adremark
    adremark Posts: 774 Member
    edited May 2016
    I've had kidney stones a number of times... passing those is quite painful.

But the winner for me was from an accident on my motorcycle. Foot got caught under the shift lever during the accident, and the peg, the shift lever, and my foot all snapped. My left food literally snapped in half, all the way around so my toes were where my heel is. That was bad... only time I've ever gone into shock from pain.
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Opened a hot radiator cap on my car when I was 17.. a volcano of hot water and steam erupted into my face and neck. I suffered 2nd and 3rd degree burns. Burn pain lasts forever... Luckily I made a full recovery and have no scars to this day.. although I was wrapped up like the Mummy for about 2 months.
  • nahmm83
    nahmm83 Posts: 67 Member
    DebSozo wrote: »
    Jumped off a cliff into water (because everyone else was) at age 16. I went down so quickly that the water pressure ruptured my eardrum and forced water onto inner ear. I developed an ear infection so excruciating that I cried unknowingly IN MY SLEEP. It was even worse than the pain I had when I was pushed forward ice skating and landed face first on my front tooth. The pain was horrible. The tooth nerve died, and the tooth turned gray inside. I had to have that tooth until I got a crown at age 19.
    @DebSozo I know what you mean about the earache!!! I tell people that the pain I experienced from an earache is worse than that of natural birth or a c-section....my scale of 1-10 with 10 being excruciating pain:
    Torn ligaments, broken tailbone, scratched/scarred cornea-4
    C-section, natural birth -6
    Earache, toothache-8
    Kidney infection/pain- 9
    Hope i never experience 10
  • clairelouisekaa
    clairelouisekaa Posts: 74 Member
    Blood clot on my lung - ouch !!!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    My knees are constantly popping out which is always a special kind of horrendous but I'm almost used to after so many years. I'd say unmedicated childbirth still wins the day for me, haha
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    I left out having MRSA on my spine affecting my entire nervous system. But the heartbreak still was worse.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    edited May 2016
    Inguinal hernia surgery repair - because the mesh failed and I got a triple hernia to let me know.

I compare it to getting field dressed and getting kicked in my junk by a NFL punter - simultaneously.

On the plus side, oxycodone was amazing B)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    mkakids wrote: »
    My third child was 9lbs 12 oz..she was born completely drug free and broke my pelvis on the way out. Not pretty.

I was about 12 pounds....40 stitches later, I made my way out....messed up my mom's hips for life. I feel like I made up for it by a) immediately and consistently sleeping 11 - 12 hours through the night and b) giving my dad my kidney so she could keep her husband for a little longer ;)

My hips are all f*cked up....more so because I didnt realize that my pelvis was broken for almost 2 months. I was in crazy pain but was told several times that it was just because of her size and how rough the delivery was. She was my third child (1 previous c/s and 1 previous natural birth....I KNEW something was wrong. The only thing that made them realize it was something more was when i went in for a checkup, dragging my leg behind me, sobbing hysterically, as I limped into the office carrying the baby.
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    My knee is a mess, waiting for replacement, it constantly crunches and pops
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    My third child was 9lbs 12 oz..she was born completely drug free and broke my pelvis on the way out. Not pretty.

I was about 12 pounds....40 stitches later, I made my way out....messed up my mom's hips for life. I feel like I made up for it by a) immediately and consistently sleeping 11 - 12 hours through the night and b) giving my dad my kidney so she could keep her husband for a little longer ;)

My hips are all f*cked up....more so because I didnt realize that my pelvis was broken for almost 2 months. I was in crazy pain but was told several times that it was just because of her size and how rough the delivery was. She was my third child (1 previous c/s and 1 previous natural birth....I KNEW something was wrong. The only thing that made them realize it was something more was when i went in for a checkup, dragging my leg behind me, sobbing hysterically, as I limped into the office carrying the baby.

good gravy! what do they even do for that after it's been so long since the trauma occurred?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    All-natural childbirth. Nothing can ever compare after that.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Kidney stones. Worse than the pain from 2 c-section recoveries.
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Broken ribs. Complete breaks. Nothing helps and everything hurts. Very painful.
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    All-natural childbirth. Nothing can ever compare after that.

I have a friend who delivered 3 at home.. no meds no doctors... I would not recommend it but she is a nut case who is afraid of doctors.
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Too many . Im like a cat , i have 9 lives
  • andrewq6100
    andrewq6100 Posts: 415 Member
    when I was little I used to get these chest cramps that would hurt so bad that when I breathed in the pain would be almost unbearable to the point I almost would pass out or cry. It gradually stopped when I reached like 14 or 15...never found out why or what it was lol
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Abscessed tooth with a cavity drilled too close to a nerve ending. I also have a lot of jaw problems that I'm getting corrected with surgery soon.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    edited May 2016
    This is making me realize I haven't felt real pain. I had a natural birth of a 10+ lb kiddo, but I didn't think it was that bad. Some of y'all have been through serious trauma.