40+yrs motivation group. We aren't getting any younger!

Options

Replies

• marygrl13
    marygrl13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 41 and in January I had the privilege of working with a nutritionist. I started paying attention to where my food came from, making sure I was eating fats protein fruits veggies and good grains. So far I'm down 15lbs and two pants sizes. I'm making small changes to my life one step at a time. Now it's time to ramp up my exercise. All the best to everyone!
  • melsouth1972
    melsouth1972 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 please feel free to add me x
  • lisae4147
    lisae4147 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 52. just joined this week. I find that recording everything I eat holds me accountable for everything I choose to eat. I set a goal for myself each day, it could be as simple as simple as increasing my water by 2 cups. but it really helps. I have gone from no exercise to 3 times in a week. It's a start. Pre-menopause has added 20 pounds in the middle that has discouraged every part of me. So I decided to set a weight loss goal of 30 pounds. If it takes a year, so be it!
  • kelbels1
    kelbels1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    BinaryFu wrote: »
    Eh, when I was yer age I used ta...wait, where am I? What's going on? Where are my teeth?

Story of everyday of my life.
  • MaryBergland
    MaryBergland Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would like to join ! I will be 43 in August .... weigh in at 141 ....going for 125 !
  • Fitme2016mfp
    Fitme2016mfp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Add me everyone! I need more friends!
  • bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Managed to not eat the cake at a friend's graduation party on Saturday. The beer? Not so much.
  • scubakat67
    scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    bbordner wrote: »
    Managed to not eat the cake at a friend's graduation party on Saturday. The beer? Not so much.

Excellent will power! Take that victory and move on past the beer!
  • bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    scubakat67 wrote: »
    bbordner wrote: »

Excellent will power! Take that victory and move on past the beer!

The only thing I regret about the beer is that I can't dodge a hangover like I used to! :smiley:
  • salazak59
    salazak59 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Happy to join, 57 yrs. 6'4" ...goal 250 lbs, 15% - 20% fat. Last week I was at 281lbs, been fighting the flu for the past week, lots of hot toddies, high calories...weighted in this morning at 294 lbs, ouch. OK feeling better today, going on high protein , low carb for a couple days...setting my daily calories at 1000 and will be getting back to the gym.
  • inthenaturalstate
    inthenaturalstate Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello there, I'm going to be 41 in October. I've got approximately 120lbs to lose. I gained all the weight due to a medication that I am no longer on. It's been about 12 years of being obese, and I am ready to shed the weight. I started my lifestyle changes just yesterday, and would like to have some friends along the way to cheer on, and to cheer me on. Friend me! -Sarah
  • RedheadHen
    RedheadHen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 41 and really need to get back on track with logging. I was debating WW, but I keep hearing how the new system is evil. But I kinda wanted to accountability of weekly weigh ins. But my schedule doesn't jive with the available schedule of the meetings. So, I am here. Hoping I can keep logging daily again. Baby steps! Again! LOL!
  • chynaholmes
    chynaholmes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    47 and planning on getting better with age! Would love to join your group for support and motivation! Stressed and wanting to seek my favorite comfort foods.... Milkshake and waffle fries#chickfilanotmyfriend
  • SmartDad73
    SmartDad73 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    42 and also looking for friends for mutual support. Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Is 40 like the most dreaded milestone? I will be there in four years. Goddamn, I will be pushing 50 when my kid is 10. Wife and I have been trying to conceive.

Not at all. Didn't bother me reaching 40.

And to be honest, i believe having kids later (which is more the norm in urban environments) has keep me younger. I was 31 for the first, 37 for the second and 41 for the third. While I may be more tired with the youngest than I was with the first, I appreciate him on an entirely different level.
  • Birdy
    Birdy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 5'4" at 179lbs. Want to lose 50. Feel free to friend me. I will accept
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hi all! 45 here and 26 pounds down since Feb. 1st of this year. I have 49 pounds to go.

@BinaryFu Hu-rah on the 27 pounds. Your pillow is probably lost in the same place as my keys...I swear they were here a second ago...@#$%!