Fat Shaming in Disney Movies

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What about the fat octopus woman in the little mermaid??? She's never been on mfp!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    i wish they had cast Danny Devito as Wolverine instead of huge jacked man. but they didn't. us short fat ugly guys have ZERO representation in Hollywood. its a sexist double standard.

Cfdxf0l.gif

dude...they got you covered...

The-Hunchback-of-Notre-Dame-the-hunchback-of-notre-dame-3575163-768-576.jpg

you know, its really problematic how hollywood is flat out REFUSING to establish how sexy the normal male human physique is. when it comes to physical attraction, there is ZERO difference between a Jack Black and an Idris Elba. Women have been brainwashed by the media to think there is a difference, but they are wrong.

Then you have near perfect examples of the male physic (Gaston in Beauty in the Beast) vilified as an example of stereotyped masculinity.
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    To be fair Disney hasn't given me any Disney princesses that are buff either. (I still love Disney though)
  • Tresiel
    Tresiel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    going to assume this is a troll?
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i wish they had cast Danny Devito as Wolverine instead of huge jacked man. but they didn't. us short fat ugly guys have ZERO representation in Hollywood. its a sexist double standard.

Cfdxf0l.gif

wolverine is as short as devito. jackman is 6 feet tall. he shouldn't have been cast.

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    OP maybe it's time for you to find your "safe space".
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Exactly! Despite less than .01% of the male population being able to achieve that level of physicality (with supplementing no less), its absolutely ridiculous they chose to portray him as a villain. If anything, Beauty and the Beast clearly establishes Gaston as the victim of societial standards forcing him into gender stereotypes.

Now I feel bad for all the poor beautiful people. Life is so difficult....
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who presumed this was a joke thread seeing as it's in chit chat??
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    incisron wrote: »
    All the Disney princesses are fit and beautiful. It's not fair. When people complained about the stereotypes Disney princesses fit into, instead of really fixing the problem, they just replaced the traditional dainty princess with Pocahontas, a woman with an athletic figure who jumps off cliffs and swims through rivers while singing underwater. Dont they think it will make us fat people feel bad? At first I thought Pocahontas was a movie about tolerance, till it got to the part where it said: "Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest / Come taste the sun sweet berries of the earth." Basically it's saying we have to run and get exercise and eat nothing but twigs and berries. I feel like Disney is a poor company.

474bgmyyv5kf.png