Options
13»

Replies

• sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    kareeRose wrote: »
    kareeRose wrote: »
    You've lost 7lbs in 10 days. Looks like somethings off in the calculations.

I thought so too but then assumed it was just water weight

I guess it goes back to make sure you are weighing all of your food to be sure your eating all of the calories you think you are.

Ive been using the cups and tablespoon method. No food scale. Is that not sufficient?
    A food scale seems a bit eating disorderish to me.

Definitely not having read through tons of posts on here nearly all of them recommend a set of scales people dont measure correctly with cups & spoons and even packets of stuff like ham .. the packet said it was 100 g it was 108 does it make a difference over a whole day yes it does over a week of incorrect measuring when you first start out can be the difference between losing weight and not losing .
  • kareeRose
    kareeRose Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Took everyones advice and had peanut butter and basically meat for lunch. Had to force a dinner!
    Not hungry!!
    You seem upset. Please don't let any advice you've been given discourage you. You asked a question and people are only trying to help you find the solution to your problem. At the end of the day it's your body and you have to do what you feel is best for it, that's the only way this is going to work. I think you should read through a few of the other threads and see if you can find any that pertain to you but aren't geared towards you. Hopefully you can find some information that you like.
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    @allysacatherinemcallister - good for you there is sooo much info out there finding whats right for you can be a challenge & you'll be surprised at how your taste changes after a while of healthy eating , i've found out i'm like a miser with my calories i dont want to waste them on anything useless very often at all :wink: . Get some friends with open diaries as well for ideas see what other people are eating.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I found that it really helped me to pay attention to the connection between what I ate at each meal and how I felt later that day. I like to eat most of my calories after 6 pm: an after-workout snack and then a dinner with at least a main and a salad course, and often a bit of cheese. So for breakfast and lunch, I want foods that will keep me satisfied. My lunches (usually a sandwich or hummus, veggies, and pita) were OK. But I discovered that changing my breakfast made a big difference. I used to eat cereal with milk (often shredded wheat and some added raisins), which was 300-400 calories, and I would often be hungry by 10 am. I discovered that one slice of toast, or an English muffin with a little butter (150-180 calories) would keep me satisfied until noon, presumably because of the fat. So that's what I normally have for breakfast these days.

Now that you've found a lunch that kept you sated, try to find other things that work well, and note them down. Conversely, if you have a lot of calories at breakfast or lunch and you're hungry again soon, try to avoid eating those foods on a regular basis. You can still have treats every now and then, but don't let them become a habit.

Good luck!
  • Jacqadactle
    Jacqadactle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I took a quick look at your diary. You definitely need to try to get more veggies! It'll let you eat a lot more, plus you get good fiber and nutrition that will help you stay full. And the benefits of more energy and just feeling good in general :)
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I find oats or eggs fill me up in the morning. Exercise like walking makes me less hungry and I can eat back calories.
  • allysacatherinemcallister
    Options
    On weekends i tend to skip breakfast and lunch because i sleep in.
    Most of my calories are from dinner. Is this hurting or helping things. I dont feel as hungry on sat and sun as i do sitting at my desk. Am i bored at work?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,387 Member
    Options
    On weekends i tend to skip breakfast and lunch because i sleep in.
    Most of my calories are from dinner. Is this hurting or helping things. I dont feel as hungry on sat and sun as i do sitting at my desk. Am i bored at work?

Timing of eating is irrelevant to weight loss (or of vanishingly negligible effect, at most).

Whether you're bored at work vs. your energy needs are different on work days is not really going to be something the rest of us can answer. Only you can. It's very individualized.