30 day shred starts tomorrow - anyone wanna join me?

Options

Replies

• Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I just tried it for the first time. Wow. I am proud that I made it all the way through, but can't even imagine being able to move up to level 2 in 10 days. I've also been wondering from the posts what all the complaints about the jumping jacks were, but I totally get it now.

I have a question--I did this late in the day, and this gave me extra calories to eat. Do I have to use them if I'm not hungry? I don't want to go into starvation mode, but I really don't need anything else to eat. How important is to use the extra calories you get from exercise?

I'm really glad I found this group--I think it'll help me stick with this workout! :smile: :

I took a look at L2 im scared! Im going to start that in 3 days. Dunn dun dunnn
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I just tried it for the first time. Wow. I am proud that I made it all the way through, but can't even imagine being able to move up to level 2 in 10 days. I've also been wondering from the posts what all the complaints about the jumping jacks were, but I totally get it now.

I have a question--I did this late in the day, and this gave me extra calories to eat. Do I have to use them if I'm not hungry? I don't want to go into starvation mode, but I really don't need anything else to eat. How important is to use the extra calories you get from exercise?

I'm really glad I found this group--I think it'll help me stick with this workout! :smile: :

I took a look at L2 im scared! Im going to start that in 3 days. Dunn dun dunnn

don't be scared of level 2 it's not as bad as it looks but you will sweat your butt off :D
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Puttingo n my sweats to do it right now
  • May63
    May63 Posts: 162
    Options
    great weight loss
  • SabrinaG1986
    Options
    What do you all log it in as on MFP?
  • joyfulthanks
    joyfulthanks Posts: 155
    Options
    I log it as circuit training at 220 calories per 20 minutes. I found that number somewhere on the web.

Day 2 under my belt as of this morning! :-)
  • crazycranberry
    crazycranberry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm in! one day late

Welcome, welcome!! :smile:
  • ladyvlasquez5169
    ladyvlasquez5169 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday and would like to be a part of this group for extra support!! It was quite a workout but it's only 20 min and that was doable.
  • crazycranberry
    Options
    Woo hoo, I have just completed day 2 of the shred.
    I am not going to lie to you guys (or to myself).........................I am ok with the jumping jacks & jump rope and butt kicks and also the ab stuff, however the side lunges and arm raises and squats are killing me. I only have to stop 1 or 2 before the end but I know I am gonna have to slowly build up to be able to keep up with it!

How are all you guys doing?

:bigsmile:
  • SabrinaG1986
    Options
    I find the jump rope and the but kicks the worst lol. I can't jump apparently. I find they hurt my shins LOL.
  • sdj13
    sdj13 Posts: 23
    Options
    Woo hoo, I have just completed day 2 of the shred.
    I am not going to lie to you guys (or to myself).........................I am ok with the jumping jacks & jump rope and butt kicks and also the ab stuff, however the side lunges and arm raises and squats are killing me. I only have to stop 1 or 2 before the end but I know I am gonna have to slowly build up to be able to keep up with it!

How are all you guys doing?

:bigsmile:

I'm the exact same way! The strength portions are the only parts I really dread for level 1. Not that I'm not sweating and getting a great workout, the strength is just what really gets me. Just finished level 1 day 2. About the same as yesterday but I didn't run beforehand so my shins felt a little better. Already starting to mock jm..."I could always use a good chest fly in my life" gets me every time she cracks me up!
  • hkbonds
    hkbonds Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm in too. 20 year HS reunion is August 20th and I'd like to be down a FULL dress size by then. :)
    I started it actually on Sunday so I am getting ready to do L1D2 in about 15 mins (waiting for dinner to settle). Let's cheer each other on, keep each other motivated. I'm kinda down on my workouts right now so I need all the encouragement I can get.
    What day are the weigh-ins?

Here are my measurements as of this past Sunday:
    bust: 44.5"
    waist: 41"
    hips: 46"
    arms: 13.5"
    thigh: 26.5"

SW: 272
    SW MFP: 264
    CW: 210.8
    GW: 185
  • ghadeer86
    ghadeer86 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm in, today was day 1 for me..so far so good :)
  • fpueblo
    Options
    L1D3 done
  • commit4me
    commit4me Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 3 done late last night.... Getting easier than day one!
    And it was my oldest daughters birthday and I avoided ice cream cake!!
  • crazycranberry
    Options
    Already starting to mock jm..."I could always use a good chest fly in my life" gets me every time she cracks me up!
    [/quote]

I did chuckle when I saw your comment! Its very cheesy but puts a smirk on my face which can't be a bad thing! :bigsmile:
  • SuzyQ373
    SuzyQ373 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I didn't do it yesterday, I'm really sore! Not sure if it was ust the workout, or other stuff I did (pushing my son a hundred times on his bike to help him learn, strawberry picking, etc.). I hope I can do it later. My arms are killing me, even though the sarm stuff was easy for me while I was doing it. I might try anyway, even if I can't do it all.

Is anyone else really sore?
  • sdj13
    sdj13 Posts: 23
    Options
    I didn't do it yesterday, I'm really sore! Not sure if it was ust the workout, or other stuff I did (pushing my son a hundred times on his bike to help him learn, strawberry picking, etc.). I hope I can do it later. My arms are killing me, even though the sarm stuff was easy for me while I was doing it. I might try anyway, even if I can't do it all.

The first time I did 30ds i was SO SORE for the first 5 days maybe? Walking was painful, stairs were painful, etc etc. But I swear, the thing that helped most was doing the DVD. Once I got moving my muscles started feeling better and by the end of the DVD i always felt good as new, until the next morning at least :).
  • fpueblo
    Options

The first time I did 30ds i was SO SORE for the first 5 days maybe? Walking was painful, stairs were painful, etc etc. But I swear, the thing that helped most was doing the DVD. Once I got moving my muscles started feeling better and by the end of the DVD i always felt good as new, until the next morning at least :).

Heck I'm on my second round and i'm sore as hell but its a good sore it the type of sore that tells me i'm doing a good workout. it does get better. just drink a lot of water that helps...
  • LLaDonna
    LLaDonna Posts: 126
    Options
    I thought I was gonna start all the way over with Level 1 day 1, but didn't feel enough fatigue after my first day back. I moved on to Level 2 last night for my 2nd day and man! I was ready to cry at the end! I'm doing this with canned goods since I don't own weights but it still burns! I plan to stay at Level 2 until I can do plank squats AND plank jacks!