Manners

Options
ellebreedlove42
ellebreedlove42 Posts: 101 Member
I can't stand people who open food in the market and eat while they shop. It seems rude, am I just uptight? This seriously bugs me more than it should.

Replies

• xCyanideGirlx
    xCyanideGirlx Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It bugs me, unless theres a kid 4 years old or less doing it. Id rather have them do that than screaming their irritating snot covered heads off.
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I agree, no you aren't uptight.

My biggest thing is manners wise that I don't think people do enough is say please, and thank you to people in the service industry, especially food service (I've never been in the food service industry so I'm not biased lol). Cashiers at fast food places get treated with no respect. When people are really hungry or we are talking about a place that serves coffee, and the customer hasnt had coffee yet, those people are the biggest a#@#4^& in the world. Makes me very angry. I usually tip a few dollars at places like this just because of how bad I feel for the way the people are spoken to.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I can't stand people who open food in the market and eat while they shop. It seems rude, am I just uptight? This seriously bugs me more than it should.

Omg I find thst annoying too. Like you dont have enough self control to wait until you buy it? If you're thst hungry get it and buy it right away then
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »
    I'd like to know what happens if they don't have cash, get to the teller and their credit card or debit card doesn't work. Would be rather embarrassing if I couldn't pay and it's half eaten.

They must become bulimic for a moment.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    I'd like to know what happens if they don't have cash, get to the teller and their credit card or debit card doesn't work. Would be rather embarrassing if I couldn't pay and it's half eaten.

They must become bulimic for a moment.

:wink: Not sure that'd help. Then they might have to pay for someone to clean up their mess and where is the money for that coming from?
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i really don't see this enough to have an opinion. is this something that happens a lot in some places?
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options

This is also why I'd rather pay at a restaurant, before I eat or I ensure that I have enough cash, to cover it.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options

My biggest thing is manners wise that I don't think people do enough is say please, and thank you to people in the service industry, especially food service (I've never been in the food service industry so I'm not biased lol). Cashiers at fast food places get treated with no respect. When people are really hungry or we are talking about a place that serves coffee, and the customer hasnt had coffee yet, those people are the biggest a#@#4^& in the world. Makes me very angry. I usually tip a few dollars at places like this just because of how bad I feel for the way the people are spoken to.

Sadly, cashiers in the fast food industry have made a name for themselves as being rude and bad listeners. Add that to the fact that a lot are picketing to make $15/hr for that line of work and you're not going to get much sympathy. I don't think being rude is ever the answer to anything.
  • ellebreedlove42
    Options
    i really don't see this enough to have an opinion. is this something that happens a lot in some places?

I see at least once weekly . Sadly.
    Having worked in retail it's really something that's a no no because some people actually don't have the money.
    And that is awkward.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    I wish I could shop where you shop just so I could eat while shopping
  • ellebreedlove42
    Options
    It bugs me, unless theres a kid 4 years old or less doing it. Id rather have them do that than screaming their irritating snot covered heads off.

Agreed ! But I actually make sure I bring food from home for my kids .

I can respect that. I worked all over the food/retail industry.
    I can say that it's not a 15$/Hr job though.

Respect should be given to everyone though. I don't get people who are *kitten* to anyone serving them- the jerks at the coffee shop are usually terrible with there doctors, nurses, lawyers, customer service representatives, cops, etc etc
    synchkat wrote: »

Omg I find thst annoying too. Like you dont have enough self control to wait until you buy it? If you're thst hungry get it and buy it right away then

Again I completely agree. I understand being very hungry while you're shopping however you can't be so hungry that you need to absolutely eat whatever you grabbed right away. I was just raised but it was disrespectful to do such things I mean you wouldn't go around opening toys or putting on clothes or opening video games or etc. etc. in the store so why would you think it's OK to open that bag of chips or that box of cereal.
  • Photoman62
    Photoman62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Huge pet peeve of mine. Last year while shopping at Costco, a woman and her husband were buying strawberries and they had 3 clamshells open and picking the best ones from 2 of them and exchanging with the ones they were going to buy. Rude and totally classless.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I weigh nuts in the bulk section in whole foods and after sticking the sticker price, I chew some nuts right there, because I am going to pay for it anyway. Somebody other than WF management wants to encroach on my private rights of eating my nuts???
    You're allowed to sample at WF anyway. :grin: