Nutella...

Options
So, Nutella, we meet again. Too long has your siren call been absent from my pantry. Many moons have passed since I banished you from said pantry knowing that in your presence all resistance was futile.

The new day has dawned on this journey of my life when said, "Today is the day when I am strong enough to face the chocolatey temptation and have the shining strength to stop at the recommended serving size!"

Armed with scale and other measuring devices I take my 15g...the jar goes back in the cupboard. I am triumphant as I hold my spoon aloft, trumpets sound at the glory of my resilience, strength of will and adherence to the mighty cause!!

But wait...my mind...what..? What is happening?....

An hour has gone by? How did that happen? What is this empty jar in my...*gasp*...oh no...not again....

I will win some day, Nutella...some day....

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    I have nutella with leatherwood honey on toast as an evening snack most evenings. :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    First Nutella, then Little Debbie.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    "Leatherwood honey"? :o Sounds like a country-western group.

It's delicious ... my favourite honey ...

http://www.beebeauty.com.au/leatherwood-story/
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It just tastes like cake frosting to me, way too sweet.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I have nutella with leatherwood honey on toast as an evening snack most evenings. :)

What sorcery is this? The ability to stop after one serving? I will follow you to the ends of the earth if you would teach me this power, master.

:lol:

It's my magic power. :grin:

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I'll share my secret:

512QlB2OqOL.jpg

Justin makes chocolate hazelnut butter in single serving packets. I got a coupon for a free one, got one, and lost it :'(
    http://shop.justins.com/

Maybe the universe is trying to help me.

Nutella has not historically been something I can moderate.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I go into my peanut butter jar with a measuring spoon and log before eating. Otherwise, I could have an empty jar in my hands, too.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I'll share my secret:

512QlB2OqOL.jpg

Justin makes chocolate hazelnut butter in single serving packets. I got a coupon for a free one, got one, and lost it :'(
    http://shop.justins.com/Chocolate-Hazelnut-Butter/p/JNB-000490&c=Justins@NutButters

• brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I win with nutella now, I'm so glad we can keep a small jar of it and peanut butter now :)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I've had a jar of Nutella in my cupboard for a couple of months now. Don't know what happened but I can totally moderate it now!
  • the_quadfather
    the_quadfather Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Nutella.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I'll share my secret:

512QlB2OqOL.jpg

http://shop.justins.com/

It's funny because I love Justin's hazelnut butter on toast. But I tried it once in a crepe and it was a huge disappointment. Nothing beats a Nutella crepe.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    When it comes to Nutella, a taste is usually enough for me.

My go-to way to eat it these days is on weight watchers multigrain toast (50 cals per slice), with 16g of chocolate cream cheese and 5-10g Nutella on top of that.