worst gym dude of all time?

Options

Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    *kitten* like this is why ill NEVER join a gym.

Most people are not like this... I've never had an experience like that at the gym
  • troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that happened. That was one day though. An interesting thing to look at is whether he continues to go to that gym or if someone else reports other behavior and he ends up getting kicked out or knocked out for doing something like that to someone else.
    The question now is how will he behave when he sees you again. Similar game? Shameful. Keep yourself safe first and foremost.
    Yeah you are right the worst gym dude.
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I like to believe I would have said something to him, but I would have probably reacted the same way.

The only time I was truly angry at the gym is when a guy decided to squeeze my arm during shoulder press. Almost lost it. Even then, I smiled politely while I continued with my set.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    aub6689 wrote: »
    I like to believe I would have said something to him, but I would have probably reacted the same way.

The only time I was truly angry at the gym is when a guy decided to squeeze my arm during shoulder press. Almost lost it. Even then, I smiled politely while I continued with my set.

You don't have to be angry. Or confrontational. Just use your words.

"Stop."

Or

"Please stop" if that makes you feel more polite.

Personally, I go with, "I'm going to need you to stop". Usually any of these is enough to get a petulant ahole to cut it out. If they continue to be an *kitten* or get in your face after that, then go get help. But you can't reward their behavior by giving them what they want when they act out.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    aub6689 wrote: »

You can be angry- but you don't need to react in anger- just tell him to stop being a di*k and carry on with your workouts- he's being 100% appropriate.

He's a douch.

But you should have handled it right then and there.
    As someone said- 0% chance of changing the behavior if you don't handle it.

I had an issue a month ago- a guy at the gym has always been a troll about wanting to get with me- he finally crossed the line when he said " I can't wait for my turn to f%%k the *kitten* out of you"

no joke- he said that- well out loud to me.

And then he went ot leave and came back and said - "I would tear that f**king *kitten* apart"

I said- go away- go back to lifting.
    I was literally blown away by how ignorant he was and instead of reacting like I would on the street by telling him he was a *kitten* pig and to leave me alone- I just said "go away- go lift- just go away"

I wound up telling a friend who works there and she mentioned he'd said some things to her- so we agreed to tell the manager. So- now he doesn't talk to me at all. way to be a dick *kitten* hole.

It's just easier to handle it there on the spot. I promise you- it's so much easier.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    A guy actually said something like that in public????
    Holy cow!!!!

Very inappropriate.....
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    @jorocka - yours is worse. Also the guy never touched me again, I think my look of shock and pretend smile showed I was annoyed.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    MityMax96 wrote: »
    A guy actually said something like that in public????
    Holy cow!!!!

Very inappropriate.....

yeah- he's always been a little inappropriate. - just a effing hot mess. I told my BF and I told him I was annoyed that I was no getting ignored and I felt like said douch was making it awkward. He was like "why would you even want to keep talking to him" - not so much want to keep talking to him- I just don't want it to be awkward and weird.

@aub6689- glad you're strong side eye worked- sometimes that's all it takes- but I like words LOL
    "DUDE ARE YOU SERIOUS"

that's usually enough LOL
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    What the *kitten* is wrong with some people.
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    That's possibly the worst gym *kitten* story I've ever heard.

Edit: Huh, I wouldn't have thought that was a swear word...
  • ScreeField
    ScreeField Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    meh.

not really anyone's job to have to train all the manbabies in the world. reasonable to not confront him. he's not your child.
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's ridiculous! I would have wanted to tell him that if he couldn't be a decent human being then he couldn't work in with me. But realistically I probably would have walked away like you did. He was probably just being a jerk because you could out squat him. (At least that's what I gathered seeing as you wanted to load more weight on the bar and he didn't)
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    My worst gym person is the guy who goes straight from the bathroom stall to the bathroom door without washing his hands, I have caught him doing it a few times. So then he goes out and uses the equipment afterwards, disgusting.

I have complained to the gym several times and I think that they are afraid to do something. I am hesitant to say anything to him directly because I leave my work clothes hanging out in the open in the locker room (the lockers are too small to hang things up) and he seems like the type that would do something shady in retaliation. So I pretty much squirt hand gel on my hands between sets, it a great f*cking situation, just because of one degenerate.
  • Sassie_Lassie
    Sassie_Lassie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    My worst gym person is the guy who goes straight from the bathroom stall to the bathroom door without washing his hands, I have caught him doing it a few times. So then he goes out and uses the equipment afterwards, disgusting.

I have complained to the gym several times and I think that they are afraid to do something. I am hesitant to say anything to him directly because I leave my work clothes hanging out in the open in the locker room (the lockers are too small to hang things up) and he seems like the type that would do something shady in retaliation. So I pretty much squirt hand gel on my hands between sets, it a great f*cking situation, just because of one degenerate.

That's just disgusting, period.