My friends keep telling me that cutting calories won't help me lose weight

Options
When I opt for a diet soda when we go out to eat, or I'll eat something I want just not as much of it, they tell me that's pointless and that they lost weight by, "going vegetarian" or "just by doing cardio" or "lifting weights" and I'm just really stinkin tired of it. They're trying to say my weight loss so far isn't legitimate. And pushing their ideas of healthy on to me. I apparently can't link protein and carbs to help with insulin spikes because that "defeats the big picture" and that i should work out for 3hrs per day to lose weight. It has really been pissing me off. I guess I'm just not going to talk about it to anyone, anymore. :(

Replies

• 737jac737
    737jac737 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Isn't it true that a pound of muscle weighs the same as 6 pounds of fat? So you can weigh 150 and be fat, or weigh 150 and be lean and sexy. Everyone needs to calm down about their weight. Want to know if you're making progress? Look at how your clothes fit you and if you see a change in the mirror. So what if the scale says you weigh the same after a month. KEEP ON WORKING OUT AND EATING HEALTHY. Last time I checked, you decided to CHANGE YOUR LIFE. Keep it up. Don't stop. In fact EXERCISE HARDER. EXERCISE MORE. PUSH YOURSELF TO SEE RESULTS. RESULTS DON'T COME IN A MONTH.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Friends don't always know whats best. The main thing is you're here, on MFP, this is your learning curve and you'll do it the way YOU want to :smile: Don't let their comments unsettle/dishearten you.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Usually anytime someone tries to tell me the "right" way to lose weight, I laugh until they shut up.