Bacon is not worth it

Options

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I like my lou's apple wood smoked bacon (smoked pork loin similar to Canadian bacon) 5 slices for 120 calories...it's the bomb.
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    The bacon I use has 500 kcal in a whole 150 g package...the entry you used is way off... I also prepare it in the oven so no extra calories there :)
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Life without bacon just isn't worth living. I switch between the real stuff and turkey bacon, but generally only have one or two slices.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I cure and smoke my own. My last lot was Espresso Maple Bacon. It was divine.
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Oh, bacon is worth it! I buy Costco's regular Kirkland brand bacon and it's 40 calories per slice.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I just used mfp and picked bacon. I will have to look at the package as i love bacon so much. But no mouth pleasure is greater than my goals.

Just like the internet in general, verify the entries you choose to use in the food database. I eat Kirkland bacon, usually only 1 piece but could easily fit a couple in my daily allowance. I had it wrapped around my asparagus and grilled for dinner last night.