Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Replies

• MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    HAPPY FRIDAY!!! Workout...Check! 15 minutes of reading to work out my mind...Check! Now on to some breakfast and enhancing everyone else's lives :)
  • MikePXstream
    What do you have planned for the weekend? We have soccer, big track meet, and then I was asked to cover the On Call supervisor roll Tomorrow evening so one of the other guys could have the day off. Boo! :( That's alright though. Others have covered for me, so it is my turn to help out someone else. I just wish I could do it from home.

Anyway, what you got going on?
  • MikePXstream
    edited May 2016
    I heard something interesting in a podcast today. He talked about excuses and reasons. No matter what happens in our lives, the result is because of something we did or didn't do, and we can either take responsibility, or come up with an excuse. For example, your late to work and you tell your boss there was a traffic accident, and that is the reason while you were late. But was that a reason or an excuse? Could you have left for work a little earlier, taken a different route, check the traffic report, or any other option?

I know personally I am quick to come up with an excuse, and the more I think about that, the more I don't like that. I want to be responsible for all my actions. So, I have something new to work on. What about you?

96b2cng1v9gh.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Sunday Family Run Day. We went to the track today. Ran sprints, practiced hurdles, and long jumps! Good times!

rldoj035yl5c.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    22MHC - Resistance 1 Complete. Finally getting past all that soreness. I tried out the beachbody performance line recharge supplement last night, which is one you take right before bed to help your muscles recover better and reduce soreness and it worked very well. Had my pre-workout this morning to push me through the routine, and now having the recover. Today is going to be a great day.

Do you use workout supplements? I tell you what, I was never big into them. I always felt I could do just fine on my own. But after trying some, particularly the one I use now, I have found a whole new level. I am able to push harder, get more reps in, have longer endurance, and see and feel better results. Imagine if you could squeeze out just one more rep, or jog for 2 more minutes. Then, be able to provide your body with the right supplements to properly recover so you could do it again the next day, and push just a little bit harder. Think about it!

Happy Hump day everyone!
  • JTB51
    JTB51 Posts: 60 Member
    Father of 2 kids. 3yr old boy and 2 month old girl
  • MikePXstream
    Happy Friday ya'll! I hopw you had a pleasant week and are ready for the weekend. I wanted to let you know that I am hosting a 3 day detox/refresh challenge June 1-3. This is a great way to push through a plateau, flush some of the junk out of your systems, give your nutrition a jump start, and shed a few pounds to get the momentum going for summer.

If you are interested, shoot me a message, and I can get you more details. I have done this a couple of times now and always feel great afterwards. Plus, this doesn't have some to the pains you can sometimes get with liquid fasting practices and you're still allowed to have actual food while you do it. Let me know. We have about 1.5 weeks before it starts.
  • Archercc
    Archercc Posts: 37 Member
    32 year old father of one daughter checking in.
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Don't you love surprise boys?? I have one, too, who is 5 and makes our life just so much more fun. Good luck, everyone, on your journeys!
  • MikePXstream
    Hey! How was your weekend? What fun and exciting things did you do? The family and I ran the Run for Refugees 5k on Saturday. My son set a new PR for himself. I definitely can't keep up with him anymore. 2 miles in he left me behind. I hope you all have a great week.
  • MikePXstream
    Hell Week, Day 2 with 22 minute hard corp. Today's double was Resistance 1 & 2. I was coming up with every excuse not to do it today. I was sore, didn't sleep well last night, had to get up earlier today, etc. I sat around for a few hours trying to relax and rest, but then the guilt started to set in, so I got up, changed, and got to work. 44 minutes of intense resistance training. It's a whole new ball game when you only get 22 seconds in between each set. 3 sets of about 5-7 exercises a piece. The 2nd half wasn't pretty, but I got it done. Sometimes, you have to push yourself past that point, to see what you are made of. I have many people that look up to me for inspiration. So what example would I have been setting if I threw in the towel on day 2. I did feel better after I did it, but it was a big hurdle at first. I hope you challenge yourself the same way.
  • MikePXstream
    Hell week days 3 & 4 complete. Day 3 was brutal. I added in 2 miles worth of running helping train my kids for their track meet this Saturday. So I guess you could say I got a triple workout in yesterday.

The of course today, by round 2, I was only at like 60%. At least I wasn't completely out of commission. On to day 5 of 7.
  • MikePXstream
    How was you weekend? Did you survive all the great food? I know I ate more than I should have. I'm really glad I am doing a detox nutrition plan starting tomorrow.
  • joeysgirl10
    joeysgirl10 Posts: 106 Member
    Mom of 3 girls 10 12 and 14.... Here looking to lose 40 pounds...
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Dad of three boys: 11,9, and 7. Keeping up with them makes it difficult to fit in workouts.
  • MikePXstream
    My 3 day refresh is officially underway. Meals and snacks prepped for the next 3 days. Spinach salads with avocado, asparagus, carrots, red pepper chili hummus, bananas, apples, and Shakeology. Some green tea with lemon and plenty of water.

I always feel so much better after doing this. Flushing all this junk out of my system, and quite literally feeling refreshed.

I'm not looking forward to the headache later as this stuff starts to be flushed and lack of caffeine, but it's all worth it.
    411cetx8lcqm.jpg
  • sueelaineparker
    sueelaineparker Posts: 51 Member
    Hi great thread please feel free to add me. I'm from Kent, UK wanting to gain weight. I have a 9 month old daughter so it's tough getting the sleep I need, getting the meals I need and the exercise in but I'm going to do my best :smile:
  • GordonDance
    GordonDance Posts: 29 Member
    i'm a father of three under threes (twins and a single) and havea stepson who is 8 , i tell you what working out is hard sometimes especially with the young ones , i'm also a manager of a garage and about to start my degree
    its fun i promise lol :)
  • MikePXstream
    Hi great thread please feel free to add me. I'm from Kent, UK wanting to gain weight. I have a 9 month old daughter so it's tough getting the sleep I need, getting the meals I need and the exercise in but I'm going to do my best :smile:

Thank you. I remember the days of little sleep. I'm glad mine are all a little older now.
    i'm a father of three under threes (twins and a single) and havea stepson who is 8 , i tell you what working out is hard sometimes especially with the young ones , i'm also a manager of a garage and about to start my degree
    its fun i promise lol :)

Thanks for sharing. 3 under 3! Yikes. I can't imagine. Good luck with that! You are definitely going to have your hands full.
  • MikePXstream
    Here's something for you to try.

Grilled Corn with Chili, Cheese, and Lime
    Total Time: 21 min.
    Prep Time: 10 min.
    Cooking Time: 11 min.
    Yield: 4 servings
    Ingredients:
    Hot water
    4 ears of corn, husks removed
    2 tsp. olive oil
    Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) (to taste; optional)
    ¼ cup crumbled queso fresco (or feta cheese)
    ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
    1 medium lime, cut into 4 wedges
    Preparation:
    1. Preheat grill to medium.
    2. Bring large pot of water to boil; add corn. When water returns to a boil, remove corn. Drain well.
    3. Brush corn with oil. Season with salt if desired.
    4. Place corn on grill, turning frequently, for about 4 minutes, or until corn kernels are browned. Remove from grill.
    5. Sprinkle corn with cheese and cayenne pepper. Serve immediately with lime wedges.

zakw8acx2gbc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.