Juice plus diet

Options

Replies

• tonkacrew3
    tonkacrew3 Posts: 51 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    People on here need to stop being "mean girls" and bullies and support other people's weight loss choices.
    http://www.juiceplus.com/content/JuicePlus/en.html
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    tonkacrew3 wrote: »
    People on here need to stop being "mean girls" and bullies and support other people's weight loss choices.

Not when they are unhealthy choices.
  • tonkacrew3
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You need to gain knowledge about others choices before you judge. Juice Plus is a FOOD SUPPLEMENT not intended to replace healthy eating, but to help add to an already healthy diet. Some use it as a supplement to juicing as well to make sure that they are getting healthier results. It changes your whole view of eating and makes you even crave fruits and veggies. It cannot even be qualified as a "supplement" because it is made with nothing but fruits and vegetables.

http://www.juiceplus.com/content/JuicePlus/en.html
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    GFH8 wrote: »
    Ok so a lot of negativity about juice plus on here.

I would just like to note that I am eating solid food twice a day. Calorie controlled clean meals with no processed products or Enumbers.
    My calorie intake is around 1200 a day which is sufficient and I'm also hitting all my recommend vitamin intake.

For those of you with kind words thank you

You are hitting recommended vitamins....good

Are you hitting recommended fat goals.....you know the macro that helps your body absorb those vitamins (as well as other vital bodily functions).

Are you hitting recommended protein goals.....the macro that helps your maintain existing lean muscle mass (as well as other vital bodily functions).

Are you hitting recommended fiber goals.....this helps digestions, cholesterol and blood sugar levels (as well as other vital bodily functions).

These are simplistic examples, but good nutrition is sooooooo much more than vitamins. But of course, the thing juice diets focus on is vitamins, because with juices you extract out the fiber, and fruit generally contains little protein or fat.
  • NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I did Juice Plus, loved how easy it was (tempting with a busy lifestyle), lost loads of weight really fast and looked and felt great. Now 18 months later I'm back, having put all the weight back on (and more) and so I'm doing it properly this time. The JP plan just didn't teach me how to eat better, make healthier choices and live a healthier lifestyle (including exercising regularly) and I do suspect it messed up my metabolism, hence the extra weight gain as soon as I came off the shakes. I've heard similar stories from others who have used it too. Short term it appears awesome, but you have to consider the long term picture.
  • tonkacrew3
    Options
    The dehydrated fruits and vegetables are to add to what a person already consumes. I don't think many of us on this sight could actually say that they consume the recommended daily allowance of fruits and vegetables. Especially kids. This is food, intended to add to the healthy diet someone is already on. Being ion it for 3 months initially, helped kick start my healthy eating habits. It made me crave eating healthier than I Already was. Is it a miracle cure? No. Will it help establish good eating habits? Yes. And while the healthier eating habits are taking effect, your body is receiving a better amount of nutrition than it would have otherwise not had.
  • tonkacrew3
    Options
    The kick start I received from JP allowed me to now be on a healthy, clean eating regime. I researched and found the clean eating plan I wanted to continue with. I never did do the shakes though. I only used the capsules and researched how to change my whole lifestyle.
  • tonkacrew3
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I didn't take fiber out when I was on it. I ate fruits and veggies. Research before making judgements, please.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    melblades wrote: »
    Juice plus has been a lifesaver for me throughout my illness, I'm very skeptical about these sorts of diet plans, but I never used it to loose weight, I used to give my body the nutrients and proteins it needs that I am not able to give it. My results are fantastic and I can not recommend it enough, although I'm not sure if you could stay on it long term them support network of your reps and others using it really motivates you to stay on track which promotes effective Weightloss and the ability to maintain your weight. It doesn't break the bank and it's cheaper then weight watchers, slimming world and herbalife.

There are ZERO grams of protein in this product, per images of the label. Perhaps you mean Juice Plus+ Complete, which has added protein powder (which can be bought at a minimal cost elsewhere).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    GFH8 wrote: »
    CiaraCatch wrote: »
    You know she said she's drinking juice once a day, and two meals, yes? That's easily sustainable and she's likely learning about real food too.

Cheers Ciara at least one of you on here is not a troll.

People that hang around on weight loss support groups I thought were meant to be well you know supportive of there fellow weight lossers. Instead I'm being kicked around the playground for using the work 'detox'

Well maybe I should have been a little clearer about my 'Detox' I have IBS and Intolerance to wheat and dairy and still eat them as I love cheese and bread.
    So my detox was
    No wheat
    No dairy
    No alcohol
    No processes food contains words I can not pronounce or containing Enumbers
    No process sugars

Ow silly me for not realising that cutting this produces from my diet was a bad thing, that eating clean and fresh foods for two weeks means being stupid about how I diet

I know what you mean by "processed foods" but as technically when I pick a strawberry from my garden and throw it in the freezer I have processed it, on MFP I use the term Ultra Processed Foods and refer to the Brazilian definition. http://189.28.128.100/dab/docs/portaldab/publicacoes/guia_alimentar_populacao_ingles.pdf

Saves on arguments about semantics.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    OP - I am not familiar with juice plus so forgive my ignorance.

My husband and I juice every weekday morning before work (kale, carrots, beets, apples, pineapple) as a suppliment to nutrition. We've been doing it for a couple of years and I can't believe how our blood work had improved. This has nothing to do with weightloss, just want to get additional nutrients from foods instead of taking vitamin suppliments. A 12oz glass of juice is around 200 calories and worth it in my opinion. I usually ha an 8 oz glass of kiefer with it for the fat (I'm allergic to several types of dairy, strangely, keifer is not one of them). Once you're done with your program why not just invest in a cold press juicer and make your own? It's a $200 investment that you can use for years to come, and it does benefit the health. Congratulations on beginning your lifestyle change and good luck!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Scamd83 wrote: »
    I think too much importance is being placed on the brand name of the diet, personally I think any diet with a brand name is a waste of money where a simple cutting of calories under your own guidance will do. But I don't think she has actually said she believed in the term detox? That is just the name of this thing she is doing, if she didn't refer to it by its name, we wouldn't know what she is doing. And she's already said she's still eating real food and if this is helping her to adhere to her diet, then she's doing perfectly fine. When someone asks about diet isn't the usual response do something you can adhere to and still has you eating food of higher nutritional value? It sounds like she is doing that. And yeah, it might be when she comes off it things go badly, or maybe not, at least wait until then and she posts about her progress or if she goes backwards. I get that we want to advise people against harmful diets, but this all sounds like a group of people crowding around someone and just shouting at them.

Edit: Just to add, I remember reading something from Alan Aragon where he says he has a large shake for breakfast, a smaller one for lunch (pre-workout) followed by a meal post workout and a three egg omelette and dark chocolate with peanut butter in the evening. [/q.uote]

I like omelette but would grow tired of them every day...
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    This sounds like an informercial from some people