How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    As close to daily as possible. Seeing my weight fluctuate day-to-day keeps me realistic - I would find it way too disheartening to do a weekly weight-in that was either barely different or higher than my previous weigh-in.

Overall, the trend is downward. Shout out to @amusedmonkey for trendweight - I plan on using that in additional to MFP. It's incredibly comforting to see that, ups and downs, the overall trend is down.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I prefer to weigh in daily. If I am aware of how factors such as salt intake, my cycle, constipation, harder workouts effect my weight, I feel like I stay more motivated and can see the bigger picture- I use an app called " Happy Scale" and love it

So much this. I love Happy Scale.
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I weigh my food more often than I weigh myself. I get better results that way.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself weekly, every Monday. I was doing the daily thing but it just wasn't for me. I do better with my weight loss when I focus more on the habits and less on the actual number.

It works quite opposite for me - weighing daily helps me stay focused on my daily habits and not obsess/worry about my weight.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Every day and very disappointed this morning. 7lbs up from a low weight I hit last week. It has to be fluid but still ticks me off!
  • SkunkOnARug
    SkunkOnARug Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Like many other people that have answered, I weight myself every morning before I eat or drink anything. That way I can keep myself in line.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Daily at 4:30 AM and the WiFi scale uploads it to FitBit and syncs to MFP
  • MudderGrad
    MudderGrad Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning... Sometimes once a week but I'm too addicted to seeing that number!
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    First thing every morning and track it using Happy Scale. I'm a numbers nerd and I love playing with graphs. But I only log my weight in MFP and Fitbit weekly (Friday - which gives me a week to lose any weekend excesses).
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i weigh every morning.
  • mccokat
    mccokat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning, more or less. If I'm not at home or something, I'll move the day around a bit. Sometimes Friday, sometimes Sunday. But always before I eat or drink anything.
    I'm not the type of person who can handle the daily fluctuations, so I'll be sticking to weekly for now.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Every morning right when I get up, naked, after using the bathroom and before eating/drinking anything. My Wi-fi scale automatically logs my weight to Happy Scale (iPhone), Trendweight (web), Apple Health and MFP.

Using a graphing/trend app is very helpful because it smooths out the data and lets you see the big picture/overall trend in your weight pattern. I understand the daily fluctuations and why they happen, and they don't bother me in the least.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Every morning right when I get up, naked, after using the bathroom and before eating/drinking anything. My Wi-fi scale automatically logs my weight to Happy Scale (iPhone), Trendweight (web), Apple Health and MFP.

Using a graphing/trend app is very helpful because it smooths out the data and lets you see the big picture/overall trend in your weight pattern. I understand the daily fluctuations and why they happen, and they don't bother me in the least.

Just a quick detour from the topic. I have been considering a Wi-Fi scale. Do you recommend yours? Could you get other scales (other than the Aria) to sync with Fitbit with some kind of workaround? I've heard Aria has some sync and inaccuracy issues and since I'm going to be shipping it overseas I don't want something that would need me to go rounds with support or make international calls.
  • AnvilHead
    edited June 2016
    Options

Just a quick detour from the topic. I have been considering a Wi-Fi scale. Do you recommend yours? Could you get other scales (other than the Aria) to sync with Fitbit with some kind of workaround? I've heard Aria has some sync and inaccuracy issues and since I'm going to be shipping it overseas I don't want something that would need me to go rounds with support or make international calls.

I have the Withings WS-50 and have no complaints whatsoever about it. It has worked perfectly from day one and setup was effortless. I don't use Fitbit, but according to both the Withings website and Fitbit website, you can link the Withings scales to your Fitbit account and it appears to be pretty simple.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself once a week, but I found it created too much pressure. I weigh daily now and can much better handle the small fluctuations without freaking out
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing every morning after going to the toilet, then record this in Libra (android equivalent to Happy Scale). Seeing the overall predicted trend keeps me motivated, and I know that I will have fluctuations.

Sometimes I weigh in the evening before I get in the shower after the gym. 9/10 I am the same weight the following morning, so it's almost like a sneak preview ;)
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Never more. Never less.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

I have the Withings WS-50 and have no complaints whatsoever about it. It has worked perfectly from day one and setup was effortless. I don't use Fitbit, but according to Withings' website you can link their scales to your Fitbit account and it appears to be pretty simple.

You don't have it linked to fitbit? I thought trendweight requires that. Thank you for the feedback. I'm strongly considering this. No further derailment.
  • AnvilHead
    Options

I have the Withings WS-50 and have no complaints whatsoever about it. It has worked perfectly from day one and setup was effortless. I don't use Fitbit, but according to Withings' website you can link their scales to your Fitbit account and it appears to be pretty simple.

You don't have it linked to fitbit? I thought trendweight requires that. Thank you for the feedback. I'm strongly considering this. No further derailment.

Fitbit account not required, but you can do it that way if you want to. It will also link to Trendweight from the Withings site though, which is how I have mine linked.
  • heidi4peaz
    heidi4peaz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Too often (daily, every other day...) I've decided to condition myself to weigh in fortnightly. Otherwise, I get too fixated on the scale, rather than seeing these things more holistically as a lifestyle change.