Bacon is not worth it

Options

Replies

• STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I never thought id say that, but bqcon is not worth it. Too many calories. Im on a low calorie diet and 4 pieces of bacon has nearly 500 calories. Thats not enough food for that much of my daily allowance.

Blasphemer, heathen
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    For some reason it cut off the rest of my post. Bacon is a regular part of my food lifestyle. Two slices is about 100 calories normally for the Oscar Meyer brand.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I never thought id say that, but bqcon is not worth it. Too many calories. Im on a low calorie diet and 4 pieces of bacon has nearly 500 calories. Thats not enough food for that much of my daily allowance.

Noooooooooo! :o

Bacon is 100% worth it. 17 grams of bacon, or 2 thinner slices, has about 100 or so calories. So, if you have four slices of thinly sliced bacon, it is a few hundred calories.

Everything in moderation. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    bacon.jpg
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Seriously, insomnia and waiting for the grocery store to open so I can go and get BACON. So many cravings because of this thread.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Chocolate and bacon -- part of a perfect day.
    jtyq5fa2d1sy.png

I make Bacon and Choc Chip Cookies that are awesome!
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    If you're using a raw bacon entry, you should switch to logging it cooked. The raw entries include all the fat that cooks out - so assuming you aren't eating all of that, the calories are much lower. I still think bacon is pretty high calorie for how filling it is, but I can definitely fit a couple of slices in now and then (which is sufficient for me, I don't crave bacon very often).
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Chocolate and bacon -- part of a perfect day.
    jtyq5fa2d1sy.png

I make Bacon and Choc Chip Cookies that are awesome!

I cooked up some bacon for a s'mores bar last summer. It was a hit.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I have to just say NO to turkey bacon. I love turkey and especially turkey sandwiches at what not. I struggle with turkey burgers but I can get enough seasonings and stuff in the turkey meat to make them tolerable.

But there are two things I do not want and that is turkey bacon or turkey jerky. Got to do the real deal!
    Turkey bacon IS NOT bacon.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I eat grasses beef bacon. You couldn't pry that out of my cold dead hands. :D
    500 calorie bacon?! You may need to recalculate your bacon calories because that is just plain wrong. I have 4 Oz's and it was like 300 calories.
    Beef is not bacon. It's beef.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I use Turkey Bacon it is healthier
    Healthier? It may be less calories, but not any healthier than REAL bacon.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon, beef bacon... Oxymorons... because they are not bacon! They are other meats with spices to try to recreate the bacon flavor. I will reiterate, if you cook bacon on paper towels in the microwave, it reduces the fat and calories significantly. Try it!
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Oh, but a BLT with mayo and summer tomatoes? That's worth all the calories.

Now, beer, that's something I've pretty much written off. I'm an admitted beer snob and all the good stuff I like is 200+ calories per 12oz. Once in a while, I'll split something with my hubs. I just rather eat than drink my calories!

I agree with other posters to check your packaging regarding the nutrition info.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I'm late to this party, but ... Lies. All lies.

BZnYKFRIUAI7ILX.jpg-large.jpg

03072040e9ab3c0fb282ef9f1c9758de.jpg

i-love-bacon_o_2051017.jpg
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I have to just say NO to turkey bacon. I love turkey and especially turkey sandwiches at what not. I struggle with turkey burgers but I can get enough seasonings and stuff in the turkey meat to make them tolerable.

But there are two things I do not want and that is turkey bacon or turkey jerky. Got to do the real deal!

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

That's right. It's better!! Yes, I prefer turkey bacon.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Wait....so if I'm understanding some of you correctly, we shouldn't trust the MFP food database for calorie counting? But I can post progress pictures in my newsfeed now....surely they wouldn't build a vanity function without first tending to the very tools that make possible the diet and exercise tracking that brought us all here in the first place!?!?!?

I would double check entries if it's the first time using them...

you have to remember users can create food entries at any time
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

That's right. It's better!! Yes, I prefer turkey bacon.

We normally eat turkey bacon here at home because my husband tries to avoid all pork products. Bacon and pepperoni are the only things that are permissible to slide by from time to time, but 75% of the time we get the turkey variety for both.