Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    This is how I eat. Feel welcome to try to classify my diet :D
  • Adiemus200
    Adiemus200 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I alternate between counting callories and slimming world.The reason why I swap between the two is sometimes I find counting calories emotionally taxing, I get anxiety and sometimes life gets on top of me. When I'm very anxious diets are another worry so I swich to slimming world when I want to take the pressure off. I dont have to be as riged with logging things on SW. When I feel okay I swich back to callorie counting because slimming world can be restrictive and i get better results with callorie counting. So far both plans have been working for me.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Tonica0720 wrote: »
    Hi everyone I have been using slim fast shakes for a while. And I was wondering if anyone else out there had tried them or what kind of diet are you on that's working for you?? Just curious

I am on the ELMM diet.
  • koreangurl
    koreangurl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    On the 3 week regime so I basically just eat for my macros and calories. Still losing 1-2 pounds per week so I guess its working pretty good!
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    About a year ago, I started doing a Whole Foods Plant Based (WFPB) diet, I also keep it low fat. I like potatoes, oats, rice, beans, lentils, pasta, corn, lots of fruits and veggies, sugar, almond milk, a few nuts and seeds. Occasionally bread or cereal. Once or twice a week, I'll have some sweets like ice cream, chocolate and biscuits. I started at 152 lbs and now maintaining at 117 lbs.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I have been using slim fast shakes for a while. And I was wondering if anyone else out there had tried them or what kind of diet are you on that's working for you?? Just curious

I just eat foods I love in moderation. Since the only requirement for weight loss is a calorie deficit, there is no reason for me to eat or drink things like slim fast or special diets. :)
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    100lb lost, been weighing logging, trying to stay under calorie goals by the week.. except for the times I dont..

Worked pretty well for me so far!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I eat healthfully, pay attention to how much I eat, and eat foods I enjoy. I lost 95 lbs and then increased how much I ate following the same principles.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I eat a wide variety of foods while making sure I'm at least close to protein goals. Fat and carbs are never a problem to hit. I count calories. Nothing special to my diet.

Lately I am concentrating on making sure of nutrients because I'm unable to eat at normal volume (health issue). Not as many treat items because of that. They still more than fit into my calories if I have something though.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    My #1 and 2 concerns are protein and fiber. If you can work out a diet where you hit your protein and fiber goals and using variety to get there, it is nearly impossible for it not to be a balanced diet.
    :imo
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    How is that working or for you?? I am on a diet because I find that it works better for me and I lose weight faster eating healthier.

I'm doing what they are, simply counting calories and I'm down 39lbs so far.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Unless you plan to drink those shakes for the rest of your life, they are pointless.

How are they teaching you to control your portions of real food, learn to love a wider variety of foods, learn to prepare delicious meals that meet your caloric goals, still have holiday dinners and go out to eat...?

Losing weight fast isn't that much of an accomplishment. Teaching yourself how to lose weight while still eating "normal" food, and then using those skills to KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF is the true accomplishment.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    About a year ago, I started doing a Whole Foods Plant Based (WFPB) diet, I also keep it low fat. I like potatoes, oats, rice, beans, lentils, pasta, corn, lots of fruits and veggies, sugar, almond milk, a few nuts and seeds. Occasionally bread or cereal. Once or twice a week, I'll have some sweets like ice cream, chocolate and biscuits. I started at 152 lbs and now maintaining at 117 lbs.

Just wondering why low fat? Fat is very essential, so I never quite understand why anyone would go low fat.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    CI < (or = since I'm transitioning into maintenance) CO with an emphasis on eating a healthful and sustainable diet (80% of total calories going to meeting nutritional/macronutrient needs, 20% of total calories being treats and discretionary calories) with an emphasis on nonstarchy vegetables, fruits, low fat dairy, lean protein and fish, plant-based fat sources, and whole grains/legumes/starchy vegetables/low-nutrient treats in moderation (I have a medical condition that is exacerbated by too many carbs). Regularly engaging in physical activities that I enjoy in order to earn more discretionary calories, maintain/improve my fitness, and feel overall happier (I feel my best on days where I exercise).
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Just wondering why low fat? Fat is very essential, so I never quite understand why anyone would go low fat.

Fat has more calories than carbs or protein, so if it's about losing weight some people find it easier to take in fewer calories if they eat less fatty foods. That's pretty much the only reason I ever cut fat out of my diet. I couldn't tell you what Traveler120's reasons are tough.
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    CI<CO

just wondering if this would make a cool tattoo..
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    akf2000 wrote: »
    CI<CO

Nope.
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    OODone wrote: »
    akf2000 wrote: »
    CI<CO

Nope.

yeah I came to that conclusion pretty quickly