Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well I am still here, hehe. It has been crazy here. I took a few days over Memorial Day to have a staycation with the hubby and have been playing catchup ever since with the house and the kids. Gained some but lost it all last week so I am still rocking it and have remained on point with the diet over the last week and this week. We leave on Thursday for the weekend in DC. Praying for good weather and lots of walking. Hoping to have some time to catch up with everyone. I really miss the communication and need to make the time as it really helps to keep me on point.
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    171zg46hv3ey.jpeg
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @Danan01 I needed that. Thank you for the reminder of what I need to do!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Jen – OMG! I can’t imagine to scariness of not finding your kid! Yikes!
    JenHul – Barkley is sooo cute!!! Love!!
    Dana – Way to take a day for yourself!!
    Rachel – Have a great trip to Seattle!!
    Hey Ladies! Hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was pretty good. Nothing too exciting but much needed! Short week this week as I am taking 2 days off to spend with my daughter before she leaves on her school trip to DC! She is super excited! Last day of school is tomorrow along with her 8th grad graduation! So proud of her!
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Oh ladies, I couldn't possibly read through all the messages on here since I was last on!! I've been very bold for the last few weeks...not exercising and eating and drinking too much of the wrong stuff!!!
    Anyways...I know I've said this before, but I'm back! I've rooted out some old ww magazines and found some sheets from 2013/14 where I was tracking my weight, setting goals and listing how I was going to achieve them...that Sinead needs to make a reappearance!!!!
    The good news is that I haven't let my weight stray too far, I've more or less maintained for last 2 years but need to get back losing again! 2 stone...lets go!!!!
    5ah886utk8ox.jpg

Looking forward to reconnecting with all you awesome people and motivating each other to be amazing!!
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All

Dana I also took a mental health day yesterday. I love the way your message was broken down for staying on track. thanks I needed that.

Jen So glad your daughter is fine. That scares the crap out of you.

Shy How exciting 8th grade graduation. She will be in high school next year and that time goes sooo fast. Enjoy it. Hope she enjoys DC both of my girls did.

@fitequalsSmile enjoy you trip to DC. You should definitely get your steps in there.

Sinead Welcome back. Just keep on tracking and you will be on your way to losing those 2 stones in no time.

Weighed myself on Saturday and lost 2.4 lbs then went to graduation party weighed myself again yesterday morning and thought for sure I would have gained but I stayed the same so yea. Question for all of you gardeners, Once I get rid of all the prickly weeds is there anything I can spray on my flower beds to keep them from growing back? They seem to be the only thing I can grow really well.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Morning all - back from our lovely weekend away and from eating too much on my birthday yesterday! However, the good news is that we walked so much over the weekend that I actually managed to lose just a little bit of weight despite all the nice food - so feeling pretty good :). Alistair is back in nursery today and my husband and I have the next few days to enjoy together and try and get a few things done around the house. Will catch up properly later but have a good Wednesday!
  • katiemonaghan87
    katiemonaghan87 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would live to be in core group. I go gym on my own and it's hard. I have about 80-100 pounds to lose I'm currently 256 was 310.

My name is Katie just turned 29 I want to be healthy and at a good weight by time I'm 30 and wanting to do Manchester run next year. First time in doing anything like it.
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    Welcome Katie, I'm Nichole. I also go to the gym on my own, and some days it is really hard. I find that when I'm on the arc trainer I people watch. I try and pay attention to some of the exercise people are doing so I can incorporate them into my workout. Please check in often. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.

@jkhoffe thanks for your post on the prickly weeds. I went out and pulled them last night. It was a little easier this time around as it rained the night before. So maybe I was able to get all of the roots. (in my dreams I'm sure).

@janetay01 welcome back from your trip. Glad that you had fun, ate good, and bonus lost some weight. That sounds like a win all the way around.

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie! Welcome to the group, you can add me if you like too. We're all in the same boat - working towards our healthy weight. Some of us are new and some of us are old (old in years too! LOL), but you are welcome to post in here any time and we'll be here for support!

Sounds like everyone had a great weekend, with their trips away and activities. awesome! Camping was super good, first trip out for the year in the trailer. Love just relaxing and hiking and visiting with friends. my wine and cider kept jumping down my throat before I could even stop it - LOL... so I didn't do as well as I wanted this weekend. OOPS!! Sometimes I can get down about being stagnant for the last few months, but at least I am not going back up to where I was! I feels hard right now to lose, but at least I'm still hanging in there. It's almost like the stars have to align perfectly for me - right mind frame, right food in the fridge, not too many events or nights out, logging perfectly... and of course my life can get bonkers and half of this goes out the window!

I just have to stick with it and be in it for the long haul. Sinead, I need to lose about 2 stones too - 25 lbs or so!! I think if I start to meal plan again, that will help a lot, and also if I prep some fruit and veg in the fridge, that would be great too. Mostly I need to slap myself back to having some will power against carbs, and get back to eating more natural foods... cut the muffins and stuff!

Hope you all have an awesome day! Dana, I loved that picture you put up - very helpful!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    hi everyone, my eyes took a little longer to settle than i had hoped but all is back to normal now. :smiley:
    Today i started my training again and i really enjoyed it .... so glad to be back :smiley:
    I hope everyone is doing great, looking forward to catching up with you all :smile:
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Sinead – Way to be honest!! And glad you are back on track! You got this girl!!
    Nicole – She is so excited about DC… I can’t wait to spend the next two days getting her even more prepared! It sounds like an amazing trip and so cool that so many kids can enjoy this!!

Janetay – Hope you had a great birthday!! Awesome! Way to get that walking in!!!

Welcome Katie! Hope we can help motivate you!!

Joy - Glad you enjoyed camping! I think cider & wine just do that! It was margarita's for me last night! Here's to will power and avoiding those pesky carbs! (No... Not a "here's to" that you cheer too with a cocktail! LOL!)

Gill - Glad you are back at it!!

Jen - Great planning on the girls weekend! Love the scheduled exercise!! Have a blast!!

So I steered clear from the scale today. I had a few too many cocktails with my nachos yesterday for Girls Night out... Ugh! But doing better today. Found a new shake that really has been helping me with my calories. So trying to stick with that for breakfast! Looking forward to some time off work and getting ready to say goodbye to my baby for a week... So excited for her. Wish I could go to DC too!
  • rebeccanow16
    rebeccanow16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too am a night shift nurse and I struggle with making it through a shift without munching on high fat snacks. If I bring food to eat I am good, otherwise I hit the machines all night. It adds up in calories fast! I would love to join the group so I can have accountability and motivation to continue more than just a few days! Hello everyone !
  • Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I had the worst 3 day run of 'bad' eating in years! When I say I pigged out, I PIGGED out! God it was sooooo good! I think I needed it even though it's set me back about 2 weeks.

I'd been really sick with the flu and then laryngitis and I just couldn't completely shake feeling crap! I took several days off work and the workload piled up, I have been so under the weather and so stressed/overworked lately. It started with dinner with friends and lasted 3 days... I have no regrets! I am now back to weightloss mode for a few days and I feel fine. I don't feel the need or desire to be eating like that now. Not too long before I hit maintenance :smile:
  • janetay01
    Options
    Morning all!

@jkhoffe - congratulations on your youngest graduation. You are right that time goes so fast it is quite scary - I'm trying to slow down and take it all in with our little one but it's still shocking how fast they grow up. Enjoy your girls weekend!

@etsar73 - sounds like on a certain level, you needed to rebel for a few days. The good thing is that you are back on track and feeling good about it - hope the rest of the week goes well for you.

@rebeccanow16 - welcome!

@Shycush6 - nachos and cocktails sounds so good. Enjoy your well earned break from work.

Missy - we've been doing a lot of outside work this week but I know what you mean - it feels like it is only a dent and there is always so much more to do.

Gillian - glad your eyes have settled down :)

Sinead - I'm so with you on the willpower to do the right thing. Sometimes, i think I just need to give myself a good talking to and stop reaching for all the nice stuff that I know doesn't make me feel good in the long run. I do find that meal planning is a huge help - we plan all our evening meals a week at a time then do one big food shop for them. Makes it so much easier than shopping on the way home from work when you are tired and hungry and picking up everything that you see on the shelf. Prepped fruit and veg is good - I'm doing lots at the moment so that I always have healthy snacks in the house for Alistair and it is starting to rub off on me as well.

So I'm sat at my desk on the last day of my week off, making a start on the first written assignment for my coaching qualification (well, ok - sat here chatting to you guys right now :smiley: ). Husband is outside cutting the lawn and doing stuff in the garden - would far rather be out there with him but coaching is my longer term career plan so needs must! Had a lovely relaxing break over the last weekend then ate far too much on my birthday on Tuesday - never mind! Back on track since then though and feeling good for it - racking up the steps on my fitbit as well. We have friends coming for cake and supper tomorrow (the final event in my birth week as my husband puts it!) then back to work on monday (boo hiss). Hope Friday is good to you all and enjoy your weekends.
  • ngolden3320
    Options
    I will catch up w reading when I am functioning again. Spent 2 days w my dad in the ICU and he passed away yesterday morning. Just isn't real. He was making improvements
  • janetay01
    Options
    @ngolden3320 - so sorry to hear about your dad. Take care of yourself.
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    @ngolden3320 so sorry for your loss. you are in my thoughts.
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    Just a general question/rant lol....
    Why is it that when you are dieting people always say how much weight you have lost and ohh you dont need to lose any more OR how much more have you got to lose?
    Does anyone else find this annoying?
    They were not bothered before my weight loss why do they feel the need to judge on how much i should lose?
    I know what i want and where i want to be so i dont let it deter me, its just so annoying. :wink:

I have managed to put in lots of training this week :) kickboxing, kickboxercise and running, with lots more planned for this weekend :)

i hope you all have a great weekend :smiley: