Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I rode across the George Washington Bridge this afternoon. B)

jgfpqzxjzpcp.jpg
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Evening everyone. How is it going. I freaking exhausted. My girls left for the beach for high school softball. Me and hubby were going to go to our cabin but decided to stay home. Should have went I wouldn't have worked so hard. I don't know if I burned any calories but I feel like I should have. I decided to clean out my oldest girls drawers and closet and get rid of cloths. Walk up and down the steps about 10 times doing laundry. Then went out and cleaned out the car Armerolef it. Cleaned the Windows. Then went to after in laws w hubby and sweep it out. Did his truck. I feel like a dud but it is 7:30 on a Saturday night and me and the dog r in bed watching treehouse masters. Hope you guys r having a more exciting Saturday then me. Checki in tomorrow
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    @47Jacqueline - Great picture, I'm sure we went over that bridge when we visited NY and drove upstate. Looks like a nice day.

Nichole - Sounds like a very busy day, I'm sure you burned loads of cals. Hope you enjoyed your early night.

I'm still having fun with my new Fitbit Surge, although it's showing different step counts on my dashboard to what it's showing as my total in the challenges, which is a tad annoying, anyone else have this issue?
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Hello people. Some motivational quotes from my pile of index cards by my computer:

EATING IS DESIGNED TO RUIN YOUR APPETITE!

THE MOST IMPORTANT INGREDIENT IN FOOD PREPARATION IS MY MOOD!

UNIVERSAL LAWS DICTATE WHEN YOU GIVE NOTHING YOU GET NOTHING!

LOSING WEIGHT IS A MIND GAME. CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR BODY!

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    my favorite saying:

Maybe the journey isn't so much about becoming anything. Maybe it's unbecoming everything that isn't you, so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.

Have a great Easter to all that celebrate. If you wish to add me, I will quote sayings from who knows who, but they are awesome!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone has had a good Easter.

I had a box of 4 Easter eggs which i gave to my sons :)
    I made a family dinner and didn't fancy it when it was cooked so it was just a small plate for me :smiley:
    and boy am i missing the gym! i have felt so agitated and frustrated today, i was glad to get out and take the dog for her walk this evening.
    Back to the gym tomorrow and hopefully a nice long walk at some point :)
    Its amazing at how much you can change in such a short amount of time.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just opened an etsy shop featuring instant downloads of the watercolors I do in my daily meditation practice. <3
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Well done Cari on OFFICIALLY winning the weekend steps challenge. syncing issues are rubbish :wink:
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic Easter

Becca @Annr I love the saying you posted, especially the part about the mind game. Actual vs. hedonic hunger is a big battle for me so it's all about mindfulness for me

Cari @CariTJR That's a great way to turn a negative into a positive! And way to go on winning the steps challenge!

Nichole @ngolden3320 Sounds like you had a really productive weekend! I'm hoping to harness your energy next weekend when we do our Spring cleaning, yikes!

@47Jacqueline- beautiful photo of you on the bridge! Congrats on 3 years maintaining!

Jen @jkhoffe Sounds like you were having a fun weekend, were you able to fit exercise in?

Joy @bluepoppies777 You smashed through your plateau, way to go!!!

Jen @zenjen13 Way to go on being below 150! That's a huge accomplishment!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I was in a bit of a malaise yesterday and so was my significant other so we did nothing to celebrate. Being an adult on Easter is not nearly as fun as being a kid. I think next year I'm going to make myself an Easter basket to try to make it special for myself. I started to turn to food, but then I reminded myself that it would only make me more depressed in the long run so I put it down and walked away. I'm meeting up with a friend for an exercise class tonight so I'm hoping it will help me snap out of it.
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Started my 6 day vacation off right. Finally saw the scale move. Lost 4.3 lbs. and measured myself for the first time and lost 2.9". Thanks to all of you for helping me through my rough patch. Have a Happy Easter, and if we slip then we *kitten* about it here and start again on Monday. Can I just ask, what is it with work and eating. I go in at 4am and I am starving. I'm off today and have been up since 5 and it is now 6:40 and I'm not Hungry WTH.

Awesome loss Nicole!! You Rock!!! What a way to start vacation!!
    I am the same way.. I think I am just bored at work... not that it's not busy... IDK. Frustrating though.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    Well done Nichole, that is is an amazing loss in weight and inches! Don't know why it works like that, I'm the same, I have to eat breakfast when at work, but when I'm home I rarely eat until lunchtime because I just don't get hungry until then, and half the time I forget. Odd.
    I lost 2lb this week, nearly on target for my 2 stone goal by my holiday which starts next Saturday. I've got 3lb to lose to make it to 2 stone now, can I lose 3lb this week? I doubt it with Easter in between, but I'm happy I've got as close as I have. It should help immensely with the skiing, I feel much fitter.
    I'm off for a run in a minute, it's a beautiful sunny day here today so I'm going to make the most of it as we're forecast rain for the rest of this long weekend. Boooooooo!
    Keep at it everybody, you're all fabulous.

Way to go Cari!! 2 lbs! That's a great week!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Just popping in to say good job everyone! Seems like we are all feeling good and positive, and losing! I weighed myself this morning, mostly so I could see it and try to remind myself not to overindulge with my turkey dinner tonight. I surprised myself and lost a pound!! So that was 1 lb last Saturday and 1 lb today!! I just about ran around my house yahoo-ing!!!
    That will definitely be motivation for me to try extra hard to behave tonight!!
    Well done everyone else for your losses too. And I love it that we are pre planning the exercising and food consumption. We are all on point this weekend! Let's keep up the awesomeness!!

Wow! I just love reading all the success! You girls are amazing!! Motivating for sure!!
  • zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    I was in a bit of a malaise yesterday and so was my significant other so we did nothing to celebrate. Being an adult on Easter is not nearly as fun as being a kid. I think next year I'm going to make myself an Easter basket to try to make it special for myself. I started to turn to food, but then I reminded myself that it would only make me more depressed in the long run so I put it down and walked away. I'm meeting up with a friend for an exercise class tonight so I'm hoping it will help me snap out of it.

Actually that's a great idea! Fill a basket with nail polishes and beauty masks instead of treats. Before I had kids I remember not doing anything special for a holiday and it was a huge bummer. After that I would host small parties at my place, go out for dinner or plan something special. I hope your class went well and helped to lift your spirits.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Hello everybody, I hope you're all having a great Easter weekend!
    Well my day started off a bit crappy, I went to put my Fitbit on charge and jump in the shower like usual, and the strap on it came away from the main body of the Fitbit, I was just about to throw a proper girly tantrum when it occured to me - good excuse to upgrade to the Surge early! So off I went back to the store with my Charge, and out I came with a brand new Surge - yipppeee. I can't wait to try it out for a run, but i'm currently under strict orders to rest until Club on Monday night as the OH thinks i've been overdoing it a bit lately, and to be fair to him I am feeling a bit achy and overtired, so I'm just going to take it easy for the next few days and give it it's first big test on Monday. I'm a bit like a kid at Christmas. I'm really hoping it works when I ski too! Exciting. :smiley:

Bad changed to a good day!! Sweet! I would be interested to hear your take on the Surge... Good for your to listen to your body! You will be all ready for tonight!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    @47Jacqueline - Great picture, I'm sure we went over that bridge when we visited NY and drove upstate. Looks like a nice day.
    Nichole - Sounds like a very busy day, I'm sure you burned loads of cals. Hope you enjoyed your early night.
    I'm still having fun with my new Fitbit Surge, although it's showing different step counts on my dashboard to what it's showing as my total in the challenges, which is a tad annoying, anyone else have this issue?

Some challenges are in different time zones... so it will show different than your dashboard since it started at a different time. I had to figure that out the hard way. ;)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    zenjen13 wrote: »
    Rachel0778 wrote: »

Actually that's a great idea! Fill a basket with nail polishes and beauty masks instead of treats. Before I had kids I remember not doing anything special for a holiday and it was a huge bummer. After that I would host small parties at my place, go out for dinner or plan something special. I hope your class went well and helped to lift your spirits.

My basket had new sunglasses, flip flops and a cute, fun necklace.... I did through in one reese's egg....
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    My weekend was great! Friday I went hiking with my daughter & puppy... Saturday, my sister, mom and I went on a nice long hike around my parents 40 acres, and on Sunday morning I took the pup for a nice 3 mile walk preparing myself for a bad day of alcohol and eating. ;) I did pretty good except for the carrot cake... that's a downfall for me!
    Who's with me shooting for a lb. by Friday?!
  • bradcfairchild
    bradcfairchild Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I can always use motivation and sometime I might be able to give it out. I believe motivation is one of the main keys to success. I've been using Tri's as a motivation to work out and stay in shape so that I'm in good enough shape to do the other thing I like to do, like hike and windsurf, ski, etc. I'm new to commenting on posts, this looks like a good one. Please add me. Thanks
  • mwa2012
    mwa2012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, first time posting. My goal is to get back to exercising and stay energetic like I have been for the past several years. I seem to be struggling a little due to anxiety and some other health issues.
    I am a 33 yr old dad. I have 3 year old daughter and 1 year old son and things have changed after my son was born. The attention seekers suck all the life out of me and my wife mentally and emotionally. I lost a lot of weight, good weight. Went back from 150 muscular to 140 pounds skinny and starting to feel like my body fat has gotten better of me. I had some health issues that's why I stayed away from exercising for a month. Used to work out 3-5 times a week HARD and now I am doing twice a week half-assed because of low energy levels and anxiety. I am just starting to get back in the game and any positive suggestions are most welcome. I love to watch Netflix and play video games when kid free.