Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Well, I had a pretty good weekend. We did eat out a couple of times, and we had our big Easter meal on Saturday. But I didn't go overboard with anything. And I was able to get a few walks in so that was good. My NSV for the weekend was pulling clothes out of my closet that were previously too small only to find out that they are now too big! I love that! I am actually looking forward to a closet cleaning session to see what I have that I can get rid of, and what I might be able to wear again! Hope everyone's week is starting out fantastic!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! My lands... you cannot miss a few days on this thread. :D So many posts, New comers, funnies... it's Awesome! Like most of you we had a busy and fun Easter weekend! Shopped all day Friday - Saturday was colored eggs, let the kids cover our driveway with sidewalk chalk, town Easter egg hunt, fixed dinner with friends - Sunday was family all day. We enjoyed some great weather.

Didn't do great with eating - didn't do horrible with my beer intake either though. I did pretty good at keeping my # of beers at a good intake so that was a plus. I could've done better...but could've done worse too. <3

Not much time to post today so I hope everyone has an AWESOME Monday!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Shy @ShyCush6 I don't think I could avoid carrot cake either, I bet it was worth every bite!

Jen @zenjen13 Great idea on throwing fun adult stuff in the basket! I'm almost considering hitting the Easter clearance racks and doing a "re-do" holiday lol

Jen @jkhoffe Great idea pre-scheduling workouts. Don't put too much credence in the scale tomorrow, some may still be bloat so it'll likely be mostly a temporary gain

Jen @ChangeisaDecision Sounds like you had a fantastic Easter weekend. Did you find anything fun on your shopping expedition?

Dana @danan01 You're on a roll! You're going to rock this week!

Welcome newcomers, keep posting!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Well done Cari on OFFICIALLY winning the weekend steps challenge. syncing issues are rubbish :wink:

Lol! God knows what's going on with it, my app is totally stuffed now, I now have today as 'today', yesterday is showing as 'today' the day before as 'yesterday'.. ..... Its totally up the creek! Its really annoying me now. I've tried deleting the app completely, rebooting my phone, reinstalling it, but makes no difference. It's the same on my tablet too. I'm now having to look at the PC version to get the right info.

Shy, besides the odd app issues I'm having, I'm loving the Surge! At RC tonight I had no need for my phone (luckily as the app doesn't bloody work anyway!) as the Surge has it's own GPS, so I was able to track my run directly from it. The only niggle is due to the super dooper stuff it does the battery does drain much faster, but I charge mine every morning when I shower which keeps it topped up quite well. Early days yet, but so far I think it's fab.
  • CariTJR
    Options
    Bloody flippin heck! Another post cut off!
    Basically I congratulated everyone on their losses, NSVs, weekend wins etc.
    Plus I ran 4 miles straight tonight, my best distance yet, yippee.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Well gals, the chocolate filled long weekend is over. Whew!!! I'd like to say that I did totally great (aside from copious amounts of wine) during my Easter dinner!! And I did well the next day too.... But Sunday I completely lost my shet and baked cookies and a lemon poppy seed cake, plus ate effing FOUR pieces of pizza!!! Gahhhhhh! I decided whatever, these things happen and considering I can't even eat chocolate or any of these Easter treats, who cares. So today I am back on track, logging it all and did a home work out. Will get out and walk the dog still too!!

Cari, nice that you got the new surge!! Love it!

Rachel, that's a bummer that Easter was a bit of a wash for you. Sometimes we just aren't feeling it. But I like the ideas that people had to do adult Easter egg baskets, my only ideas were a basket of different wines and alcohol! Hahah!!

Shy, sounds like your Easter was really nice, lots of moving!!

And Dana, yay for you!! I love getting rid of clothes that are too big for me now. It's a serious motivator!!

Keep up the good work everyone! Let's have another great week, and yes to Shy's challenge of a pound by Friday!
  • CariTJR
    Options
    ANNOYING! I've had to log an app issue with Fitbit, I now have two 'yesterdays' showing on my phone for two different days, it's like the 27/28th has got stuck as one day, and it doesn't matter what I do it won't rectify itself. Odd thing is it's not only showing as this on my phone app, but also on my tablet app, so it must be the data Fitbit is sending the app, not the app itself, as two different apps can't have the exact same issue. I know in the grand scheme of things this isn't much to get peeved about, but I want it to be right so when I go on holiday at the weekend it tracks my exercise properly.

Anyway, I blew my cals out of the stratosphere this weekend, totally overindulged in all things - cake, chocolate, wine, pizza....but it was good, we had friends round Friday and far too much alcohol was consumed, the rest of the weekend was pretty chilled out, but the weather was rubbish (hurricane winds Sunday night!) so it was a bit hard to get out and do anything much.

Back to it now, but we're off on holiday on Saturday, so next week is going to be difficult. How do you log everything when you're in a foreign country and will be eating out every single day, and won't know half the time how many cals are in anything? I'll just have to do my best to guess. I'm just going to have to hope the skiing each day burns enough to balance it all out! Fingers crossed.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    @CariTJR - I did the same thing! Ate and drank too much... our weather was beautiful here in Indiana, spent most of the weekend outside but still blew my calories "out of the stratosphere" as well. :neutral: We had fun though... back on the wagon today.

The website must be out of whack today. i only see one post for today so far. That is very unlike this thread! Something is whack!

I was talking to a coworker today and it's so funny how just talking to people that use MFP and really take the health serious can motivate you so much! He really got me motivated to really watch what I eat IF I want those cheat days on the weekends. There's a balance and I haven't found mine yet... of course you have to be looking for something to find it so I have a new found motivation to get my butt moving more and do better overall. But still have a cheat meal or two on the weekends! #bankthemcalories
  • uoflgirl89
    uoflgirl89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, hope everyone has an awesome weekend. I know I ate too much lol. But did make sugar free cupcakes that honestly tasted like the real things. So def need some motivation this week. just feeling in a funk and I'm letting my emotions rule my diet (Bad Amber). but I am starting to catch my self, so here is to a better tomorrow and a brighter future.
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Great job on the 4 miles Cari! That is awesome! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle boredom eating? We are so absolutely slow at work lately that I have nothing to do. I sit at my desk for 6 hours straight (My hours were reduced from 8 because we are so slow) with nothing to do. There is only so much you can look at on the computer. So I snack. I don't know what else to do with myself. I am trying to at least bring healthy snacks, but still I feel like I am eating all day long! Any ideas on how to overcome boredom while stuck at a desk would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone has a good day!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @danan01 I honestly started bringing my Nook to work. I read about a book a week in my downtime and since it's a nook it blends in easily with the pile of papers on my desk. E-books on your computer work too

@uoflgirl89 I'm with you. I don't know what it is about this week but the funk just won't go away! Please share your sf cupcake recipe!

@ChangeisaDecision I'm jealous of the gorgeous weather you've been having. At least you were able to get some movement in to offset the holiday gain

@CariTJR sorry technology isn't your friend today. But 4 miles is something to celebrate about big time!!!

@bluepoppies777 I love your idea of alcohol in the basket ;) I'm going to have to upgrade the size of my basket lol.

Way to go everyone on getting back on track right away after a rough weekend! Hopefully I can siphon off some of that energy for myself lol
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Seeing my friend last night temporarily helped with the doldrums, but they are back in force today for no apparent reason. I packed a special treat, drank extra coffee, took a walk outside during lunch and nothing is helping. Here's to hoping boxing practice tonight with help knock me out of it.
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Dana, if I had any stash of food in my desk, I would eat it the first day I brought it. My job can be boring too!! I chew gum, drink iced water and basically chat to my coworkers when I get bored! It sucks though! Just bring only what you want to eat that day in your lunch, and tell yourself that is IT when it's gone! That is what I do... Sometimes there is suffering though, especially when I eat my lunch by 10:30am! Haha!
    Amber and Rachel! I am feeling the blues a bit the last few days too. What is up with that? We are through the January blues, and spring has sprung... So what is going on?! Who knows! Cupcakes would help, but not after all the pizza I ate on Sunday! Lol! Maybe watching some funny you tube videos will perk me up or something. I can't drink wine ALL the time! (Just kidding!)
  • smithchelseaa517
    smithchelseaa517 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Chelsea and I am just beginning on my serous fitness journey. I am 5'4 and weigh almost 200 lbs I have gained 30 plus pounds just in the past year and a half. I have tried Weight Watchers but gave up because I only lost 3 lbs and I was starving all the time. I a looking to really lose 40-50 lbs. I am changing my diet up as well. I love snacking, and eating fast food and I have started a protein rich diet and I am only on Day 2 and am tempted by wanting to eat bad foods like chocolates and chips. I have struggled with losing weight and eating healthy and am really trying to get on track. I can use all the support and motivation that can be given. I am trying to lose at least 15 because I have a family wedding to attend and want to look a little better. Please feel free to share any helpful hints and tricks and add me as well so I am being held accountable.
  • CariTJR
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thanks Dana! I find i'm surprising myself each week right now with the running. I have no suggestions for the boredom eating, I don't know how I do it, but my work draws are full of food, but I find it really easy to ignore it - I have absolutely no idea how, even my co-workers comment on my good discipline....yeah, but they don't see me at the weekends! lol

Chin up Amber, I'm sure this week will be a better week for you, we all have those times where we're just not feeling it and motivation is so hard to find (most weekends for me if i'm honest). Your cupcakes sound delicious by the way.

Cheers Rachel, I am pretty pleased about my new PR for distance, pushing it a little further each week and slowly getting there. :smile: So sorry to hear you're having a rough week though, stupid question, but is the weather where you are bad right now? I find I feel really down when the weather is crap, there's so much to be said for sunshine and how it makes you feel in general. I hope your boxing practice made you feel better.
    I can't drink wine ALL the time!
    Maybe you could do an experiment, use all your calories each day to only drink wine and see if you still lose weight (like the 'twinkie diet') hahahahaha, at least you'd be happy every day and not give a damn. :wink:

• ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    Seeing my friend last night temporarily helped with the doldrums, but they are back in force today for no apparent reason. I packed a special treat, drank extra coffee, took a walk outside during lunch and nothing is helping. Here's to hoping boxing practice tonight with help knock me out of it.

@Rachel0778 - I've heard coloring helps! I bought myself 2 new coloring books for Easter but haven't had time to get started. They are really cool patterns and animals. Just a thought... hope you get to feeling better.
    Hello Everyone! My name is Chelsea and I am just beginning on my serous fitness journey. I am 5'4 and weigh almost 200 lbs I have gained 30 plus pounds just in the past year and a half.... I a looking to really lose 40-50 lbs..... am really trying to get on track. I can use all the support and motivation that can be given. I am trying to lose at least 15 because I have a family wedding to attend and want to look a little better. Please feel free to share any helpful hints and tricks and add me as well so I am being held accountable.

Hi @smithchelseaa517 - check in here daily... everyone here is so motivational and positive. Anytime you start losing your motviation or drive read some of these posts! I need to take my own advice and do that same... more so on the weekends. that's my hardest time to stay on track. But girl... YOU GOT THIS!!
    danan01 wrote: »
    ....Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle boredom eating? We are so absolutely slow at work lately that I have nothing to do. I sit at my desk for 6 hours straight (My hours were reduced from 8 because we are so slow) with nothing to do. Any ideas on how to overcome boredom while stuck at a desk would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone has a good day!

Hey @danan01 - I used to work a boring desk job too and I would listen to podcasts on my phone. I used the app Stitcher and listen to them thru out the day. I love Chalene Johnson's - she's so motivating. "Half Size Me" and "Tips of the Scale" are good ones too.

Hope everyone has a great day!! Peeps are quiet on here lately... must be spring break in a lot of areas. :smile:
  • hwd444
    hwd444 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    mettleonmetal.com for more fitness inspiration
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Chelsea and I am just beginning on my serous fitness journey. I am 5'4 and weigh almost 200 lbs I have gained 30 plus pounds just in the past year and a half. I have tried Weight Watchers but gave up because I only lost 3 lbs and I was starving all the time. I a looking to really lose 40-50 lbs. I am changing my diet up as well. I love snacking, and eating fast food and I have started a protein rich diet and I am only on Day 2 and am tempted by wanting to eat bad foods like chocolates and chips. I have struggled with losing weight and eating healthy and am really trying to get on track. I can use all the support and motivation that can be given. I am trying to lose at least 15 because I have a family wedding to attend and want to look a little better. Please feel free to share any helpful hints and tricks and add me as well so I am being held accountable.

Welcom Chelsea. This is the place to b for motivation. Last day of vacation