Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    What is up w this. I just typed a long paragraph and that is all that posted. Here is the short version. Last day of vacation freezing while I sit and wait for my car to b fixed. Driving to Pa to pick of prom dress. Have living room and youngest daughter drawers and closet to clean. Have to go back to work to get a rest.
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    What is up w this.

I find if i'm using my tablet, rather than a PC, to post messages it will only post the first few lines....very annoying.

• Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Welcome Chelsea!

Cari, Joy, and Jen- you guys are amazing! Reading all of your posts today really put a smile on my face.

@CaritTJR-you're absolutely right, the weather in MN right now is garbage. I'm honestly not expecting to see much of the sun until late April though sadly.

@ChangeisaDecision I absolutely love adult coloring books. They really do help to put a smile on my face!

@bluepoppies777 Shame cupcakes aren't 0 calories ;)

@ngolden3320 Sorry the last day of vacation turned out to be a dud. Going to pick out a prom dress with your daughter sounds like a lot of fun though!

This is another week of me staying far, far away from the scale. Hopefully next week I'll get up the gumption to step on again, but I'm just not in the right mindset for it right now.

Last night I did something counter-intuitive: I skipped my boxing class, stayed home, read my book, and went to bed early. Normally exercise makes me feel better but I've just been feeling worn down and exhausted. This morning I woke up with a much better frame of mind, so my body really did need an extra rest day to rejuvenate. Today I'm only doing light exercise too so I can hit it hard on Thursday.
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    Cari, Joy, and Jen- you guys are amazing! Reading all of your posts today really put a smile on my face.

Good, glad to have helped even in some small way. :smiley:
    @CaritTJR-you're absolutely right, the weather in MN right now is garbage. I'm honestly not expecting to see much of the sun until late April though sadly.

It's been pretty naff here too lately, we've had the odd day, like Friday was nice, but the rest of the weekend was raining and we even had hurricane force winds over here in the UK which caused quite a bit of chaos. Roll on the Summer! Failing that we could all just move to the Maldives...

Last night I did something counter-intuitive: I skipped my boxing class, stayed home, read my book, and went to bed early. Normally exercise makes me feel better but I've just been feeling worn down and exhausted. This morning I woke up with a much better frame of mind, so my body really did need an extra rest day to rejuvenate. Today I'm only doing light exercise too so I can hit it hard on Thursday.

This is good. I think when we're trying to get healthy we have a tendency to overdo it at times, we forget that having a rest and doing nothing can sometimes be exactly what we need to do. Our bodies can only take so much, and you're a wise lady for listening to it and giving it the break it obviously needed.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options

Good Job @Rachel0778 - it's always better to listen to your body. Rest is just as important as working out! Glad to hear you're feeling better!! :)
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Happy Monday! Well, I had a pretty good weekend. We did eat out a couple of times, and we had our big Easter meal on Saturday. But I didn't go overboard with anything. And I was able to get a few walks in so that was good. My NSV for the weekend was pulling clothes out of my closet that were previously too small only to find out that they are now too big! I love that! I am actually looking forward to a closet cleaning session to see what I have that I can get rid of, and what I might be able to wear again! Hope everyone's week is starting out fantastic!

Great NSV!!! That is the best feeling!!
  • ShyCush6
    edited March 2016
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    Shy, besides the odd app issues I'm having, I'm loving the Surge! At RC tonight I had no need for my phone (luckily as the app doesn't bloody work anyway!) as the Surge has it's own GPS, so I was able to track my run directly from it. The only niggle is due to the super dooper stuff it does the battery does drain much faster, but I charge mine every morning when I shower which keeps it topped up quite well. Early days yet, but so far I think it's fab.

Awesome! That's really cool!! I might have to think about that in the future... I've been walking a lot, but I do want to start running soon! Hope you can get everything up and running right soon! That part sucks!

4 miles?! You rock!! Keep up the awesome job lady!!! Woot! Woot!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Cari....
    752ad3793bea37e14b24aa6c241de474.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Great job on the 4 miles Cari! That is awesome! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle boredom eating? We are so absolutely slow at work lately that I have nothing to do. I sit at my desk for 6 hours straight (My hours were reduced from 8 because we are so slow) with nothing to do. There is only so much you can look at on the computer. So I snack. I don't know what else to do with myself. I am trying to at least bring healthy snacks, but still I feel like I am eating all day long! Any ideas on how to overcome boredom while stuck at a desk would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone has a good day!

I love the nook idea! That's a great one! Also, I find chewing a piece of gum helps me... I already have something in my mouth so no need to shove anything else in there! LOL!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Chelsea and I am just beginning on my serous fitness journey. I am 5'4 and weigh almost 200 lbs I have gained 30 plus pounds just in the past year and a half. I have tried Weight Watchers but gave up because I only lost 3 lbs and I was starving all the time. I a looking to really lose 40-50 lbs. I am changing my diet up as well. I love snacking, and eating fast food and I have started a protein rich diet and I am only on Day 2 and am tempted by wanting to eat bad foods like chocolates and chips. I have struggled with losing weight and eating healthy and am really trying to get on track. I can use all the support and motivation that can be given. I am trying to lose at least 15 because I have a family wedding to attend and want to look a little better. Please feel free to share any helpful hints and tricks and add me as well so I am being held accountable.

Welcome Chelsea. This is a great group of women! Check in here daily, share your struggles and NSV (non-scale victories and you scale victories! Be sure to measure yourself so when the scale hits a stall you have something else to look at in moving the right direction.
    Feeling discouraged check in with us, always some here to help motivate! Hope we can help!
  • ShyCush6
    edited March 2016
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    I can't drink wine ALL the time!
    Maybe you could do an experiment, use all your calories each day to only drink wine and see if you still lose weight (like the 'twinkie diet') hahahahaha, at least you'd be happy every day and not give a damn. :wink:
    I'm with you... we should try it and share with the group! LOL!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Glad to hear you are feeling better and motivated today Rachel! ;)

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I've lost 20 so far and have 10 more to go until I am at my first goal. I may set a new goal then depending on how I feel. I'm only 4'11" so around 110 is best for me.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is ashlee and I am a night shift nurse...I never seemed to struggle on the night shift until I started working in the nicu in March which is a much closer unit and it seems like we have a party everyday...I would love to join this group and make some new friends to keep each other motivated!

I used to work in a hospital as a CNA and that's where I gained so much of my weight because I worked nights and seemed like I was always hungry and someone was always bringing food or candy in.
  • smithchelseaa517
    smithchelseaa517 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been really great so far working out 3-4 times a week and I started strength training because I have never done anything other than cardio but I felt guilty last night because I ate one serving of Goldfish crackers and I am supposed to be eating processed free foods for the next 21 days to cleanse my body. But even with eating my goldfish I was still under my daily caloric goal. I want to have a little something everyday but I am scared because I don't want to ruin my progress. But my eating has really changed dramatically instead of eating big muffins and donuts for breakfast I have my protein powder with ice and it tastes really good. And I eat lean meat with vegetables with lunch and dinner and have my fruit as well. Has anyone had success with doing a high protein diet and not eating processed foods?

I love reading everyone's comments on here. I am so lucky I found a great support group!
  • ShyCush6
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So yesterday, I woke up motivated and in a great frame of mind. Took my pup for a 2 miles walk, rode my under desk bike all day.... Ate a good breakfast but skipped lunch... Worked late, got home.... WAS STARVING!! Duh! Don't skip lunch! I cooked a pizza and I was home alone... I will not tell how much of that pizza survived. =( I ended my day with over 20K steps, but I was frustrated for going over my calories with pizza... oh and I had some Easter candy too, while I was waiting for the pizza to get done... seriously?!! I would've had a nice loss this morning had I followed through. It is TOM time so I am letting it go with that, so on to a new day. No walk this morning but I will get my 12-15K steps today. That's my goal! Hope you all had a great day!

celebs-pizza-avril.jpg
  • ShyCush6
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thought this was perfect for this group! LOL!
    85333.jpg
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    OMG I just burst out laughing at my desk! The WINE AISLE!!!! Shy, that is effing hilarious!! :)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    OMG I just burst out laughing at my desk! The WINE AISLE!!!! Shy, that is effing hilarious!! :)

I don't know why Joy, you popped into my mind first when I saw this on Facebook this morning?! LOL!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Rachel - good for you for taking a well needed break and staying home to rest and relax. Funny, as I was coming into work this morning, I was thinking about our mini slump, and I thought you know what? We are not robots, we are humans, that experience so many things every day/week. Stress, crappy sleep, working out, trying to eat healthy every day, hormones, mental tug of war over food etc. etc. etc. So sometimes we need a little extra time to rejuvenate. And for me, I don't think it's realistic to "kill it" every single week.

My NSV yesterday was I basically had to wrestle my car to drive to the gym after work. I had all kinds of things I would have rather done than go to the gym... groceries, nap, clip my toenails (you get it). But I forced myself to go, and I had an excellent work out, one of the best spin classes I've done! I looked at my hands and the tops of my fingers were sweating - like what?!? I've never even heard of that! LOL

Chelsea, welcome to the group. The most important thing is to be kind to yourself in this process. Don't worry about eating the goldfish if you were still under your calories. Just try your best to eat as healthy as possible, and it gets easier and easier every week. I try not to eat much processed foods, but life happens with a family, and I do the best I can. As for the high protein, I am actually making a conscious effort to have more fruits and vegetables in my diet. Everyone is different, and everyone's bodies are different. So try different things, and you will find out what works best for your body.