Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    wow you guys have been busy. I've got so much to catch up on. Hope you are all doing well. I have been extremely busy trying to get some construction work done in my garden whilst we have decent weather, i think im building muscles just from hammering hundreds of nails :smile:
    I am loving the challenge this week on the Fitbit, everyone is getting their steps in.
    I have managed to get a few kickboxing classes in this week and a couple of strength sessions as well.

i think i had better go and do some reading, :smiley:
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Update-he did not let me out of it. I knew he wasn't going to. So I went, and I did it! Hung over and all! And I ran a full mile without stopping! Granted, he literally pushed me for half of it so I couldn't stop. He forced me and I did it! And I didn't die. Omg-I have tried twice now and it keeps erasing half of my post. Ugh... Anyway-I ran for 1 1/4 mile out of the two we did. Yay!

Yipeeee! Well done Dana! It is amazing what we can do when we try, so you've gone from 1 min intervals to running a whole mile. Incredible. And with a hang over, so that's like running 10 miles really lol. You should be proud.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    Love this...

qbi7x6peiasf.jpg
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    Great Tweet from Chalene Johnson!

eo68erehu3gn.jpg
  • ChangeIsADecision
    Options
    And on a funnier note.... I had to giggle at this one.
    blih7b1y9uhf.jpg
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Having stalked on this thread for a while and loving the supportive culture that it has, I'm back with a new spring motivation and desire to get myselft fit and sorted for my 40th birthday at the beginning of June. 2016 has been a challenge so far with a nasty virus that just seems to bounce between myself, my husband and my 15 month old boy. Currently husband and son are fighting it off and my son has the added complication of antibiotics for an ear infection. So, it's not been great so far but I'm tired of ill health and moaning around the family - time to sort ourselves out and I can only start with me!

As I said above, I love the supportive nature of this thread and hope that I can add to it. My aim is to get to 125lbs by my birthday (currently at 133 so not a major task I would hope). Have logged accurately for the past three days and been under target. Accuracy for today is a bit of a challenge as going for Tapas with the lovely ladies from my antenatal group - but it's one night off and back on the wagon tomorrow. Hope the weekend has nice plans for all of you - happy Friday :)
  • gethntysear
    gethntysear Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, wow loads to catch up on. Firstly massive thanks to the fitbit step queens, determined to keep up with you all and it is definitely making an impact, another inch or so and few pounds off even after Easter.

Been eating to maintenance over the holiday break because of all the gorgeous scrummy chocolate, but back on it and eating real nutrients. Still on track :smiley:

@janetay01 Hey and welcome, its great you've been logging honestly for the past three days, will seriously help!
    Also well done @Rachel0778 , amazing back into the healthy BMI zone!
    @tazzy2911 I know exactly what you mean; I still crave crap. but slowly learning I no longer need to gorge myself.
    @danan01 Must have superhuman strength to push through with a hangover, seriously amazed.
    @GillianSmith2 I'm hoping the same thing after all this DIY over the easter break, I better have some tiny muscle to show for it haha

My eating was a lil messed up this week but looking at the good things; found out I fit into a pair of Levis I bought online well over a year ago that I had never been able to do up and I fit into my lambswool jumper, which my OH manged to shrink at Christmas, glad I didn't throw it away!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @gethntysear Congrats on the great NSV! Re-shopping the closet is one of the best feelings!

@danan01 Way to go on that mile, especially hungover! Cari's right, it really is like doing 10!

Sinead and Jen- you both crack me up! Perfect memes for the day!

@plunky58 Great victories both on and off the scale!

@jaynee7283 I wouldn't worry about it. Two different people measuring with 2 different instruments sometimes gives different results. Keep focusing on how your clothes fit! If they're looser you're losing inches.

Jen @ChangeIsADecision looks like we have the same goal range in mind! I'm glad we're able to cheer each other on
  • Rachel0778
    Options
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Welcome to the thread @janetay01!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    thanks @Rachel0778 - love the Krispy Kreme picture. I have to confess that these days I would be quite happy to open a KK box and see that in there - I never find the doughnuts satisfying or enjoyable any more!
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    gqhoxjr9yban.jpeg
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hi, New to thread. I have read over some of the previous posts and this looks like a great group.
    I'm 41 years old, Mother of two,Married and work full time.
    I would love to have a group that keeps me motivated. I finished the couch to 5k once! 2 years ago, then I got lazy, made excuses not to exercise blah blah so now I'm right back at the beginning again :(
    P.S I love everyone's sense of humor as well.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    @jkhoffe Thanx! I love running/walking/gasping for breathe in the "Fun" runs ie: Color me Rad, The Mud Run ect Good luck on your half Marathon goal!
  • JillPoverud
    JillPoverud Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    janetay01 welcome, these people and this post have kept me going and pulled me back to mfp a few times - so thankful for you all.

gethntysear - love fitting into smaller clothes! Great accomplishment.

tazzy2911 - your workouts sound fun! I've been doing body weight stuff at home. My goal is to be able to do burpees! I love the short and sweet HIIT workouts, too. Keep at it. Losing weight has so many ups and downs.

Thanks for the meme laughs! I'm finally almost healthy after being sick all week. Going to walk today. Have a good one!!
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options