Peacocking

Options
buthoflamb6
buthoflamb6 Posts: 189 Member
We all have seen it at the gym or in the community. That one man or woman or men and women who are over the top in the gym attire. Making sure all eyes are looking their way.

Let's hear some of the best and worst peacocking stories we have to date....

My favorite is the ladies who wear the yoga pants that become see through as they stretch. Tells you a lot about them if you see it haha hahaha.

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    usually the pants are see through because they are old and have been washed too many times and the lycra is doing weird things. Same thing happens with bathing suits.

I don't go to the gym but I skate in a rink with bars for stretching and the adults who think they are amazing will do their whole ballet routine at the bar first then skate usually bedecked in an elaborate skating outfit. all I require is leg warmers, leggings (no see through) and a jacket
  • buthoflamb6
    Options
    One time I saw a guy wearing a cowboy hat in the gym. I was like, dude... is this your first rodeo?

Hahahahahaha
  • sappermuff
    sappermuff Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    See it all the time. My favorite is the dude quarter squatting 3 plates with much fanfare and back slapping from his cohorts.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    one hundred times i saw a woman with a coach purse
  • buthoflamb6
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    usually the pants are see through because they are old and have been washed too many times and the lycra is doing weird things. Same thing happens with bathing suits.

I don't go to the gym but I skate in a rink with bars for stretching and the adults who think they are amazing will do their whole ballet routine at the bar first then skate usually bedecked in an elaborate skating outfit. all I require is leg warmers, leggings (no see through) and a jacket

These men and women need to get new clothes. It seems some only have one type of outfit. I prefer to have 3. Limits the laundry.

That is so gross to be wearing old worn out yoga pants. I also find it funny when they are the bright neon volleyball shorts. Using the stair machine then putting a sweater around the waist to walk to the treadmill and take the sweater off and start walking.
  • buthoflamb6
    Options
    Intentional or not it is not the best look. Part of me wants to ask if they are aware of it, however that could back fire horribly.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Intentional or not it is not the best look. Part of me wants to ask if they are aware of it, however that could back fire horribly.

they'd probably be embarrassed I'd suspect. I know when my bathing suit gets a little worn once someone points it out i'm mortified
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    sometimes, they don't seem see thru under dressing room lights. i'm pretty sure it's not intentional

I had this problem. No idea they were see through and nobody said anything. I didn't have much money (what I did have ended up spent on my kids) and only owned the one pair of workout pants.
  • buthoflamb6
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

they'd probably be embarrassed I'd suspect. I know when my bathing suit gets a little worn once someone points it out i'm mortified

It wouldn't be to be mean though. I would compliment the view but ask if they were aware just how clear the view is.... I dunno ... I would hope someone could tell me my attire is a little revealing ....
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Black lycra bike shorts are perfectly see through in the sunlight. It's one reason I don't ride in pacelines.
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Not so much about the attire
    But,,,,,seeing super fit people doing LUNGES while on the treadmill
    They probably aren't "peacocking" but since I can just about run on the treadmill these people do make me feel super unfit lol
  • lun4wub
    lun4wub Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have mostly seen girls with a new face painted over their real one with a tiny sports bra and tiny short shorts. The outfit wouldn't bother me (as i don't mind checking them out ;) )if it wasn't for all the makeup running down their face by the end of their workout.