How much do y'all pay for your gym memberships?

Replies

• LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    I pay $45/mo at the YMCA for myself and my 3 year old son.
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    The first gym I joined, I got a discount through work, so it was $20 a month ( normally $40 a month) no yearly fee. The current gym I belong to is also $40 with free classes, and it's a medically oriented gym, so there are physical therapists and the head of the gym that has a degree in exercise science and nutrition. I get evaluations every 3 months and my workout changed up every 3 months.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited June 2016
    I pay my insurance company Blue Cross Blue Shield $20 a month. That gives me a card that I can use at all the cheaper gyms, and the YMCA in my town. Only the super fancy gym with the towel attendants isn't part of the blue cross deal. So, I pay 20. No commitment, no nothing. Part of Obamacare.

And then I pay for yoga.
    Pilates is offered through my work for free. Well, so is yoga, but the classes I go to are a better fit for my goals, so I pay for yoga.
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    I have an interesting plan through my health insurance. $25/month gets you membership at many gyms nationwide, including their major partners SNAP fitness and Anytime. It is a great deal, especially for someone who travels.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    ziggy2006 wrote: »
    I have an interesting plan through my health insurance. $25/month gets you membership at many gyms nationwide, including their major partners SNAP fitness and Anytime. It is a great deal, especially for someone who travels.
    Heh. I just posted the same thing. But forgot to mention the travel part. Mine's $20.
  • rbsneed
    rbsneed Posts: 1 Member
    I almost don't want to say but it's high. LOL I'm at one of those fancy L.A. gyms that has a ton of amenities and I go everyday so it's worth it to me.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    It's amazing and sad how expensive gym memberships are in some cities. Las Vegas Athletic Club has lots of locations and great facilities for $12/month.

(But I haven't been there in over a year because I built a home gym.)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    About $65/month for my local YMCA. It's got a lot of free classes, good facilities, and a nice pool etc, plus the money is going to support community programs as a nonprofit, which is the main reason I chose it over the nearby option that was $20/month less. I like that my membership helps others.

I hate the way traditional gyms are so shady with their contract and pricing, so the same-price-for-everyone, clearly-visible-on-the-website, cancel-anytime-no-hassle aspect of the Y is also very appealing to me.

Even bare bones gyms in my area are rarely cheaper than about $25/month (even the tiny one in my office that we get a corporate discount for is still $30/month and it's not great.)
  • corpus_validum
    corpus_validum Posts: 292 Member
    Been going to a LA Fitness (Signature) that's $45/mo with towel service for a few years. It's more upscale than the typical LA Fitness clubs in SoCal.

Also recently joined a brand new private executive fitness center close to work for $150/mo that's much smaller but includes unlimited group fitness classes (HIIT, spin, yoga, pilates, boxing). The fitness center is $39/mo without classes and has towel service but no pool or sauna. The fitness classes are terrific though and came with a MyZone HRM.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited June 2016
    $25 a month at Gold's gym -- in a big city. Unsubsidized.
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    I go to a Gold's Gym in So California. $28 a month because i've been there since they opened a few years ago. The average is $40 a month though. Open 5 am - midnight Mon - Fri and 7 am to 9 pm Sat SUn. The only reason the hours aren't longer is because it's attached to the mall. It has tons of equipment, a pool, sauna, steam room and a cycle room. It has a classroom that runs most of teh day with different cardio classes. My favorite thing they have is a cardio cinema. It's a room where they play a movie all day and you do cardio while watching the film. (bike, treadmill or elliptical. That room has turned many of what might have been a 30 minute workout into over an hour because I wasn't willing to just sit in the room and watch while not moving my butt, lol.
  • jvanessa89
    jvanessa89 Posts: 332 Member
    edited June 2016
    $10/month :)

Cardio, weight machines & free weights
  • royboy969
    royboy969 Posts: 218 Member
    If you have Blue Cross / Blue Shield check into their wellness program. I pay $25 a month and it gets me into multiple gyms. The one I use the most is LA Fitness. I can go to any of them. This helps when I travel.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    LA Fitness. About 37 bucks a month.
    There are four of them within 20 minutes from my house.
    The best part is I could use any LA Fitness in the country it's great when I travel.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    24 Hour Fitness is only $39.99 a month and it goes down every year. And I love it there!

Mine is free because I'm old now and my supplemental insurance pays for it!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited June 2016
    I go to EoS Fitness (in other states it's Gold's Gym.) $25/mo including childcare for my 2 boys and lots of classes (which I don't go to, I prefer to lone-wolf it). Open 24/7.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Retro Fitness - $20/month and has pretty much everything(except a pool that I wouldn't use, anyway).
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    royboy969 wrote: »
    If you have Blue Cross / Blue Shield check into their wellness program. I pay $25 a month and it gets me into multiple gyms. The one I use the most is LA Fitness. I can go to any of them. This helps when I travel.

How does that work? I have them too. Are you sure it's not specific to your company and BC/BS? I wouldn't mind a bigger discount on my membership....
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    I pay for 2 gyms each $30 a month. Plus I can use the facilities at the university where I work for free. I have access to spinning, group fitness, water aerobics, full gym (weights and cardio). I don't use it much because I work off campus and getting on campus and parking is kind of a pain.
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    edited June 2016
    Mine is 1300kr a month( that is after a discount) which is like $160 but that includes PT , clothes, diet plan, body fat measurements ,all classes, towel, locker very very nice gym with sauna of course, also crossfit box, yoga studio etc All the staff know you by name. Wouldn't swap for any other gym totally worth the money. I think the cheapest gym in Stockholm is still around 45$ and that's not somewhere I'd want to go