Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    Happy Birthday @leanstrongsexy

Happy birthday! !!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Good and Happy Thursday!

I wish you all a great day!I So far in this second week we have some friends struggling including myself. Don't let set backs take over you! YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU BELIEVE!!! We are in this together, to help each other and encourage each other. I believe in each of you, do you want to know why? Because you are here. You are here trying to make those changes needed to become a healthier YOU. Love yourself enough to know you are worth it and you CAN achieve your goals. Please don't let yourselves be discouraged and stay strong...stay the course!

With that.....The challenge question/fact for today....

Tell us something you like about yourself?
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Something I like about myself....well...Physically, I like my eyes. That's pretty much it. But lately I've been telling myself each day that I love myself completely. My legs for walking, my arms for carrying my baby, My back (which is what I hate most) for staying strong and keeping me up as I care for my family....and my whole body gets me thru workouts each day. Thank you body <3:*

Other than physically I like that I am always staying positive. In all situations I can just say well....look at the bright side. I love helping others and motivating them and showing support when they need it most. I like this about myself. But still there are certain things that can affect my positive and happy mood; the weather, PMS, and anything surrounding my mom.
  • rollinskae
    rollinskae Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Name: LeanStrongSexy

Starting Weight May 29th: 250
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 240

Weigh In Week

June 5: 246
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week: 4 lb
    Total LBS lost this month: 4 lb

Weekly Goals: 2 lbs

Struggles: sweets and pizza this week. Excuses: 1. I was at my Aunts and she wanted pizza and ice cream and who can say no to theire Aunt who is home bound. 2. Its my birthday week and I have been indulging. Thursday will be my last day to indulge.

Successes:

I know I am really late posting this but I started new job and have been really busy. I hope to do better this week AFTER my birthday.

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have an awesome day. Enjoy yourself
  • rollinskae
    rollinskae Posts: 39 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Man, I used to really struggle with this, I'm my own worst critic. But I remind myself that if I don't love my body at the start, I won't when I reach my goal weight. So now I like my body, even with all the extra "padding," because of what it is capable of now and the ways I know I can improve it in the future. I still have those days where I pick myself apart in the mirror but not as much anymore. :)
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Yea, I'm struggling a bit today too after what I thought was a good day of eating and exercise...didn't get enough sleep (5-6 hours) so retaining some water, and then this morning, my scale read three different weights - one super high (147), one super low (143.2) and one only mildly high (145.2). Think I'm going to wait until I hit the bathroom before I believe it...wondering if I need another new battery. Argh!

Something you like about yourself...

Physically, I too like my eyes. They have a cool shape, and people tell me they are very 'deep' because they are such a dark brown.

Personally, I love my analytical mind. It does get me in trouble since I can be a bit of a nit picker, so people misinterpret my observations as snarky when I am just trying to be helpful. However, I love that I can find patterns in just about any sort of data and am a great researcher of information (sort of like the dude in the movie A Beautiful Mind, but I'm not insane, er, I don't think).
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Name: Jerome

Starting Weight May 29th: 226.8
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 216.6

Weigh In Week

June 5: 221.2
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week: 5.6
    Total LBS lost this month: 5.6

Weekly Goals: My goals are to stay within my calorie, sodium, and protein goals, which are <1500, <1500, and >80

Struggles: Mostly it's just getting all the cooking, cleaning, exercising, driving, working, shopping done.

Successes: Getting the above done.
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    What I like about myself: My eyes and my caring personality.
  • hproscia
    hproscia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling this week too! Yesterday was the worst. Long story short: I had to spend time with my husbands ex wife who has been nothing but rude and mean to me since the day I met her. She was nice yesterday but it made me so upset/mad being around her that I went home and ate an entire ice cream sundae and a couple bowls of chili. Disappointed in myself but staying on track today!

What I like about myself: I like my caring heart. I'm always looking for ways to help others.
  • sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Something I like about myself....

Physically, I like my boobs and the strength in my legs (even if they are a bit chunky...its mostly muscle).

Otherwise I like my ability to self motivate and strength of mind.
  • ccheiden
    ccheiden Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Can I still join in on this?
  • ccheiden
    ccheiden Posts: 15 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Name: Cody

Starting Weight May 29th: 194.5
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 192.5

Weigh In Week

June 5: 194.5
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week:
    Total LBS lost this month:

Weekly Goals: 1.) Abstain from my trigger foods (Sugar, Flour, Caffeine, Alcohol, Sweeteners, Processed Foods, etc.)
    2.) Continue with meditation (12 day streak currently)
    3.) Continue going to the gym 3 days a week.
    4.) Tracking my impulses wrt to food addiction and cravings.
    5.) Reading my mission statement 1st thing when I wake up and right before I go to sleep.

Struggles: 1.) Dealing with the emotions of my work and being more mindful of resisting the urge to binge when I get emotionally high or low. 2.) Staying persistent with the "I will" habits I'm trying to form (Meditation and Gym). Accepting this is a constant struggle and not a light-switch that I can just turn off.

Successes: Posting this here and wanting to become a member of a community where I can help others achieve their goals and get support in my battles.

I'm really looking forward to this.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    sfalk1977 wrote: »
    Something I like about myself....

Physically, I like my boobs ...

Yea, I actually like mine too...but trying to not be too attached to them since as I lose weight they are always the first to go...I will miss them... :'(
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Name:cassandra

Starting Weight May 29th:265.8
    Goal Weight July 3rd: 250

Weigh In Week

June 5: 263.6
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week:
    Total LBS lost this month:

Weekly Goals: keep account of the food I ate.
    Drink less sugary drinks
    Eat more veggie and less carbos

Struggles: the ones above

Successes: finally starting again after pregnancy and putting back all the 80 pounds successfully lost on mfp two years ago.
  • tooru
    tooru Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Name: Leyla

Starting weight May 29th: 215
    Goal weight July 3rd: 208

Weigh in Week
    June 5: 213
    June 12:
    June 19:
    June 26:
    July 3:

Total LBS lost this week: 2
    Total LBS lost this month: 2

Weekly Goals:
    1. No snacking after work/when making dinner.
    2. No desserts on work nights.

Struggles:
    Emotional eating & snacking.
    Not being able to resist foods :(
    Binging

Successes: None as of yet ^__^ (still)

Something I like about myself: uhhh I like how small my waist is, compared to my hips???
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    We still have people joining us and I think that's fantastic. Everyone is welcome! This is not a competition but a place to share our successes and struggles and a place to help us keep accountable no matter what our goals. Some people have only posted once or twice some have been coming on daily to answer the questions/facts and weighing in each week. I thank each of you for joining us and for helping us stay focused. Much love to each of you. Xxx
  • Shelle33
    Shelle33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Physically: This is something that I'm struggling with at the moment... I like my smooth, pale skin and the contrast it creates with my dark eyes and hair. Yeah, that's probably about it... I'm hoping this will improve with time. :)

Otherwise: I like my musical and theatrical abilities.
  • SallyDans
    SallyDans Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What do I like about myself?

Great question! We really should ask this of ourselves more often.

I like my legs that are very muscular and defined. I also like my hair which is still naturally blond even in my fifties.

I like my artistic abilities, and my confidence.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    images-2.jpeg