13»

Replies

• 347Gigi
    347Gigi Posts: 99 Member
    Wow! Fantastic work!
  • elvensnow
    elvensnow Posts: 154 Member
    Can I just say I hate men and how much easier they lose? =P

Well, if it's working for you that's great. I would only suggest keeping track of body fat% and muscle% -- since you're doing a LOT of cardio but little weights, you could be losing more muscle than intended. I mean, exercise is better than no exercise and all, but I'd still be a little careful at this point. You might want to add in some strength training.

Obviously that's just my 2 cents. If you like what you're doing then that's cool. Not everything works for all people, but glad it's going well for you. Personally I think it's a little extreme, but it sounds like you know that! So to each their own.
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    999tigger wrote: »
    So on plenty of days you believe in eating less than 1000 calories. How is that an inspiration for all the young women with poor body image and those desperate to lose weight. I have reservations that losing at 5lb a week is realistic for many people especially when safe suggested rates are 1-2lb a week. Congrats on losing that amount, but I hope people dont get frustrated that they are unable to lose at your rate or follow your example in terms of severe calorie deficit. Rather than inspire id be more concerned that plenty of desperate people try and follow your example.

He's not responsible for what young women with poor body image or other desperate people choose to do.
    This^
  • creationscrown
    Incredible. This is one of the most well written and explained success stories I have ever read and I find it ASTOUNDING that some people still find room in their hearts for negative feedback. Clearly by the way this was written, this man knows what HE needs and shared it for others who may be "like minded". I used to love perusing the success stories for inspiration but the negative responses are beginning to weigh heavy on my heart. I have loved MFP because it is a place for individual goal setting and results. That is what makes it such a fun place to find support. Sir, I applaud you for finding what works for your body and achieving a goal you have set for yourself. I am sure your family and friends are very proud of your ability to do so. Keep up the good work of fine tuning what is right for you!
  • creationscrown
    jonnie256 wrote: »
    I wanted to do this same type of thing to lose 60lbs in 3 months. I just wanted to prove to myself that I could do it and to see what a determined and focused mind could do. This what you have done is a great inspiration to me! Ignore all the nay-sayers and just stay focused on your goals and aspirations man.
    Love this^
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    edited July 2015
    elvensnow wrote: »
    Can I just say I hate men and how much easier they lose? =P

Well, if it's working for you that's great. I would only suggest keeping track of body fat% and muscle% -- since you're doing a LOT of cardio but little weights, you could be losing more muscle than intended. I mean, exercise is better than no exercise and all, but I'd still be a little careful at this point. You might want to add in some strength training.

Obviously that's just my 2 cents. If you like what you're doing then that's cool. Not everything works for all people, but glad it's going well for you. Personally I think it's a little extreme, but it sounds like you know that! So to each their own.
    I was doing more strength previously, but with the sore elbow/shoulder/arm, I only do some legs and core strength training at present. I do loosely keep track of body fat percentage, but I don't particularly like it as a goal since it implies that fat is bad, but it is not, it has evolved as the body's natural way of storing energy for times of need. Don't get me wrong, I'm as vain as the next guy so I do want to still lose some body fat, but I think of resting heart rate as a much better measure of health and fitness goal. Want to get it back down to the 40s. Last time I checked, I was in the mid-50s.
  • Robertus
    So, just checking in after a year of maintenance to say, 'hi!'.

A few ups and downs, happily more downs than ups, weight wise. At first I tried to maintain without keeping track of calories. Instead I was going to just weight myself every day, but I stopped doing that too. Not sure why. Maybe I just forgot. I will try again at some point to maintain without keeping track of calories, but for now I am again keeping track of everything I eat. Not trying to keep to a set number of calories every day, but just trying to be very conscious of the amount I'm eating in general. Without that, I have a tendency to overeat more regularly than I should. Especially after a couple of drinks.

Blood pressure is normal without medication. Cholesterol is 155, but I won't know until my next check-up if my HDL levels have risen. I've managed to avoid my shoulder/elbow issues becoming a chronic injury by swimming less frequently. I don't really like swimming shorter distances so I still do 2- and 3-mile swims but only a couple of times of week. Love the endorphins! I bought a new bike and have added in a lot of biking to make up for less frequent swimming. Love being outside on the bike, but it is just too cold in the winter months in New Jersey so I also do more walking. I basically try to walk wherever I go whenever feasible and a couple of colleagues and I walk a couple of miles most days during lunch time. Making the lifestyle change permanent.

Good luck to you all!
  • Robertus
    edited June 2016
    Robertus wrote: »
    ... Blood pressure is normal without medication. Cholesterol is 155, but I won't know until my next check-up if my HDL levels have risen. ...
    So last year it only took a few months of diet and exercise to bring my overall cholesterol way down, but my HDL (the good cholesterol) was still low. Just had my yearly check up this week, and I'm happy to report that it is now raised to the healthy range. Exercise can raise HDL.
    Serah87 wrote: »
    ... You are eating most of the time less then 1200 calories, according to your diary!! As a man you should be eating way more then that. Your poor heart!! :/
    Because I had pulmonary embolisms in the past, my pulmonologist PCP has me get an echocardiogram every couple of years. Happy to report that my heart is in great shape. Average resting heart rate (RHR) is 41.

• Namdier
    Namdier Posts: 19 Member
    That graph is like a ski slope of success! Great job Robertus!
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    Mate - 60lbs and you come out looking like a dead-ringer for Sean Connery - I need to get on this type of regime :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!