Thanks Diet Pepsi, you just lost a customer-need suggestions

Options

Replies

• RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    Diet Coke :) (and water of course. Why do people assume that one must be drunk at the exclusion of the other? Boggle.)

Congrats on the little one!

Thank you!
    myaminals wrote: »
    i don't know how you feel about orange soda, but it is caffeine free. i like crush brand:)

I've never seen diet orange soda?

What?? Oh my goodness, you need to find it. I haven't had diet orange soda in a while. I forgot about it! I'm going to grab some tomorrow!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Diet Coke :) (and water of course. Why do people assume that one must be drunk at the exclusion of the other? Boggle.)

Congrats on the little one!

Thank you!
    myaminals wrote: »
    i don't know how you feel about orange soda, but it is caffeine free. i like crush brand:)

I've never seen diet orange soda?

What?? Oh my goodness, you need to find it. I haven't had diet orange soda in a while. I forgot about it! I'm going to grab some tomorrow!

The search is on!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I've always preferred Diet Coke personally - it's what I grew up on :)

I also really enjoy making fizzy drinks with my soda stream - not because I think it's "healthier" - I don't think diet sodas are unhealthy. I just like making different drinks and the fizziness is what I like from soda so it works :)

Good luck - with finding a new diet soda and with the baby :wink:
  • elphie754
    Options
    ACSL3 wrote: »

I also really enjoy making fizzy drinks with my soda stream - not because I think it's "healthier" - I don't think diet sodas are unhealthy. I just like making different drinks and the fizziness is what I like from soda so it works :)

Thank you. I had looked into a soda stream about a year ago, but due to allergies, couldn't use any of the syrups. May look into it again to see if they have any new ones I could have.
  • sashayoung72
    sashayoung72 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Do you have Sonic nearby? I love their diet cherry limeade, and you can totally mix and match flavors, i also get a sprite zero with a squirt of peach or blackberry in it, yum. I make a version at home with sprite zero, fresh limes and those jar cherries and a squirt of the cherry koolaide add-in and they have lime in a generic.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options

Thank you. I had looked into a soda stream about a year ago, but due to allergies, couldn't use any of the syrups. May look into it again to see if they have any new ones I could have.

There's no need to use the branded syrups with the machine. It's just a special contraption to inject CO2 into your choice of liquid. I believe my husband has carbonated Vodka. I sometimes intentionally shake my pop to remove most of the carbonation, so I'm not a huge Soda Stream customer.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I noticed when I was pregnant I turned into a super taster. Things that were otherwise mildly yucky tasted horrific and things that I loved like coffee and bacon tasted vomitototious (made up word). Congrats on the baby!

I love Diet Dr. Pepper and yes, they make a caffeine free one.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    I noticed when I was pregnant I turned into a super taster. Things that were otherwise mildly yucky tasted horrific and things that I loved like coffee and bacon tasted vomitototious (made up word). Congrats on the baby!

I love Diet Dr. Pepper and yes, they make a caffeine free one.

This happened to me also. I would get sick even smelling certain things. I couldn't eat eggs because for whatever reason, it just didn't taste right.
    I'm also a fan of diet dr pepper. I tasted it after reading people here rave about it . It really does taste nice.
  • SkunkOnARug
    SkunkOnARug Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Water, LOL. I personally gave up soda, even diet soda, because of the long list of unnatural ingredients in it.
  • solidLiLi
    solidLiLi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was a life-long Diet Pepsi drinker and couldn't believe the nasty aftertaste when they switched sweeteners either. Blech! My husband brought home some Coke Zero, and I've never looked back. Diet Dr. Pepper/Dr. Pepper 10 is also good.
  • elphie754
    Options

There's no need to use the branded syrups with the machine. It's just a special contraption to inject CO2 into your choice of liquid. I believe my husband has carbonated Vodka. I sometimes intentionally shake my pop to remove most of the carbonation, so I'm not a huge Soda Stream customer.

Carbonated vodka?!? Oh this is definitely something to try later on down the road (after birth and no longer breast feeding).
    Water, LOL. I personally gave up soda, even diet soda, because of the long list of unnatural ingredients in it.

Once again, was not looking for reasons not to enjoy soda.

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    We buy generic diet soda often. Walmart has a couple generic brands in caffeine-free that are decent. (I'm expecting as well so also had to switch to caffeine free, which does taste worse than caffeinated imo but is tolerable .)
    Food Lion and Martins grocery stores also have a good variety of flavors of generic caffeine free diet sodas like orange, lemon lime, diet root beer etc. I'm sure your grocery stores have their own generic varieties as well.

I buy Diet Coke only for hubby at Costco now ever since Diet Pepsi made the switch. I used to buy whichever was cheaper (which was usually Diet Pepsi) but hubby noticed a difference right away and can't stand it so now we (typically) pay a little more for Diet Coke. I always preferred Diet Coke anyway, Diet Pepsi tastes flatter and goes flat quickly imo.

Congrats on the little one and good luck in your search for decent soda, lol.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    At work last night and I grab my usually Diet Pepsi (although this time caffeine free). After a few sips, I had such a nasty aftertaste in my mouth. At first I thought it might just be me and new adversion to foods (pregnant). My partner noticed I wasn't drinking it and asked why, so I mentioned the weird, sickly sweet after taste. He goes, same here, ever since they switched from aspartame to sucralose. Blaugh!!! I hate sucralose, always have. Guess I need to find a new diet soda. Any suggestions?

The only thing i can add is that if left for a couple of months in the pantry, diet coke corrodes the can and leeks out. Happened twice already. Just think what it does to your body if it corrodes aluminum can.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Sparkling water with a spritz of flavoring. I don't know if they make cola flavoring, though.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I really like diet orange soda, but I just want to point out that they aren't all caffeine free. Diet Sunkist orange has caffeine. I learned that one the hard way.

My caffeine-free diet soda has always been diet A&W root beer. Sometimes I get diet ginger ale or diet cream soda.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Once again I didn't ask if I should drink soda or not. Not sure why anti soda people always seem to need to post things like this. I'll do me, you do you.[/quote]

It's a forum, you asked for suggestions because you didn't like that soda anymore. Drinking water instead of any soda is a great suggestion, healthiest for you and your baby, but you do whatever you want, of course.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I think she's more annoyed with people coming in here spewing pseudoscience woo about something they don't understand as facts instead of opinions.
    icemom011 wrote: »
    Once again I didn't ask if I should drink soda or not. Not sure why anti soda people always seem to need to post things like this. I'll do me, you do you.

It's a forum, you asked for suggestions because you didn't like that soda anymore. Drinking water instead of any soda is a great suggestion, healthiest for you and your baby, but you do whatever you want, of course. [/quote]